View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect so far?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jalen Smith

18 26.87%
  • Patrick Williams

13 19.40%
  • Aleksej Pokusevksi

6 8.96%
  • Saddiq Bey

7 10.45%
  • Precious Achiuwa

3 4.48%
  • Aaron Nesmith

8 11.94%
  • Kira Lewis

2 2.99%
  • RJ Hampton

0 0%
  • Isaiah Stewart

3 4.48%
  • Devin Vassell

7 10.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine a guy who is good at shooting, passing, dribbling, stealing, blocking and rebounding and not taking him at 11.
    who is that you speak of?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to admit, I didn't see where you were going by doing more than one poll, but it's kind of cool to see. I wish it was a bigger sample size, but that's not your fault. It's a pretty good piece of work.

Makes me wonder how much the teams' big boards migrate in the months leading up to the draft.
    Well, I hope it shows several things...

1) People can be fickle, swayed by the latest (or most popular) thing.
    2) The scouting process goes through many changes. Imagine how actual scouts rearrange their board over and over. What a complicated process.
    3) If you don't change your mind about any prospect at least once, you're not trying hard enough. You have to at least look at a prospect from all angles. What are our initial biases and are we aware of them? Sometimes you don't learn until you see the end result. You must question yourself and question others. Like Bruce Lee once said, "Be like water."
    4. Each draft year is trial and error. I hope we all learn something about ourselves and the way we perceive players when it's all said and done.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 10-26-2020 at 10:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of that list, Lewis, Smith and 'smith remain my top three. I went back to 'smith this time because there is talk that he has better defensive potential than he's shown if he' can play the three in the NBA with that shooting ability, he can be special. Almost voted Lewis, since I think his agility is one of the best potential leverage points of any player in the draft. The positional need a potential fit with the other young players just let's Aaron edge him out. Smith is a good player too, and he could definitely be the best of the three. Giving Tim a young skilled big to help mold would be a nice test for him to see if coaching/player development is a long-term thing for him. I'm just not as sold on his chances of being special as I am with the others. With him being a decently high pick and playing at an undervalued position, it's not even clear that a solid Smith would be huge value contract. His ability to play PF would determine that for me, and I am not all that confident in that.
    Aaron really looks long. I really feel his wingspan is being understated. My guess is it's 7'1 or 7'2".

He's also one of my top character guys. Just oozes good guy charisma with intelligence. Doesn't have the "nasty" I'm looking for in players, but maybe his strengths will outweigh that.

The fact that he's a gym rat also has me sold on him. You don't have that type of body with poor work ethic. He must have exceptional work ethic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who is that you speak of?
    Pokusevski. The Marfan Demigod.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pokusevski. The Marfan Demigod.
    Ok i'll vote for him then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok i'll vote for him then
    Thanks for the trust son, but I hope you put a little more thought into it on November 3rd, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I hope it shows several things...

1) People can be fickle, swayed by the latest (or most popular) thing.
    2) The scouting process goes through many changes. Imagine how actual scouts rearrange their board over and over. What a complicated process.
    3) If you don't change your mind about any prospect at least once, you're not trying hard enough. You have to at least look at a prospect from all angles. What are our initial biases and are we aware of them? Sometimes you don't learn until you see the end result. You must question yourself and question others. Like Bruce Lee once said, "Be like water."
    4. Each draft year is trial and error. I hope we all learn something about ourselves and the way we perceive players when it's all said and done.
    I changed my vote bc I want a point guard for the team. I’m off the Murray bandwagon. I never hopped on the Quindary mobile and I just want someone who can run an offense and dribble the ball at this point. The fact that Lewisnhas all world speed is a bonus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I changed my vote bc I want a point guard for the team. I’m off the Murray bandwagon. I never hopped on the Quindary mobile and I just want someone who can run an offense and dribble the ball at this point. The fact that Lewisnhas all world speed is a bonus
    Derrick White is our PG. I would prefer a big wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the trust son, but I hope you put a little more thought into it on November 3rd, tbh.
    Jill Stein is still up for election, right?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy with Precious, Jalen Smith, or Isaiah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll be happy just to add a lottery caliber player but I really like Precious Achiuwa or Jalen Smith unless somebody surprisingly falls to us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not following the trend didn't seem to do us any favors in regards to Samanic, who looks like a complete and utter scrub at this point. We're lucky to have salvaged that draft with Keldon and Quindarry. I'm just saying, those two guys based on the strengths and weaknesses listed for them, they seem to be quite the reach at #11.
    I chose PW because I think his game would compliment Samanic’s game best. I was very excited with Samanic’s play the final game and the reports of his physical development since.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really feelin Nesmith lately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Pop start Derrick White though? Will we have an actual point guard come off the bench if White does start? If we are trading Demar, who then is our secondary ball handler? Who can actually penetrate a defense on our team consistently? I'm not saying Kira is the best fit, ideally we would get a big wing, but I guess I just miss having a person on our team that can just burn a guy off the dribble. Come back Tony

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YES

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Pop start Derrick White though? Will we have an actual point guard come off the bench if White does start? If we are trading Demar, who then is our secondary ball handler? Who can actually penetrate a defense on our team consistently? I'm not saying Kira is the best fit, ideally we would get a big wing, but I guess I just miss having a person on our team that can just burn a guy off the dribble. Come back Tony
    Dejounte would be a great backup point

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voted bey, but Nesmith looks great too. Not very familiar with any of the other guys other than Vassell and his now-broken jump shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jill Stein is still up for election, right?
    howie hawkins is the green party candidate this go around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paying $16 million a year for a back up
    What paying Mills 12.5 wasn't enough, so we gotta up it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really feelin Nesmith lately
    I’d pick Tyler bey if he was on the list but since he isn’t I picked Nesmith

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree that White should be the PG. but if that’s the case the FO should package Murray in a trade to get a better return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if he didn't and if DeRozan is back, I suspect the rotation will be similar to when Ginobili started. So White comes out mid 1st/3rd, re-enters late in the quarters, DeRozan comes out and rests until early 2nd/4th, then White gets another brief rest and returns mid 2nd/4th.

Agree that White should be the PG. but if that’s the case the FO should package Murray in a trade to get a better return.
    When you say "PG", you really mean primary initiator right? As witnessed in "the bubble", DeRozan and White maintain those roles even alongside Murray and they're probably hoping Johnson can grow into that role sooner than later to replace DeRozan.
    Last edited by TD 21; 10-27-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Thread Information