Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They all conspired to make sure he didn't get the nomination.
    good! bernie the commie millionaire!

now we need to the rest of that party and hope for its total demise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could have put Alfred E ing Neuman in there and the left would have gone just as bat over him as they did her. It's a "fill in the blank" loyalty to the party, and whomever the DNC pushes to the front (by ing over other candidates) the left will kowtow to and feel righteous in the process.

All that can be said about it, now, is that 3 supreme court justices will have been planted before Trump gets ousted, and those three justices will do more harm for the ideals of the left than the last 5 GOP presidents combined and there's nothing Biden or anyone else not in the court can do about it other than continue to challenge it with new laws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, she didn't say president of what.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could have put Alfred E ing Neuman in there and the left would have gone just as bat over him as they did her. It's a "fill in the blank" loyalty to the party, and whomever the DNC pushes to the front (by ing over other candidates) the left will kowtow to and feel righteous in the process.
    More silly hypothetical Democrat candidates from people who voted for Donald Trump twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More silly hypothetical Democrat candidates from people who voted for Donald Trump twice.
    Your inner voice is also re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your inner voice is also re ed.
    Says you, a guy who would vote for Donald Trump if he was the Republican candidate.

You can come up with as many ridiculous hypotheticals to pin on liberals but it won't change reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says you, a guy who would vote for Donald Trump if he was the Republican candidate.

You can come up with as many ridiculous hypotheticals to pin on liberals but it won't change reality.
    You think inventing a narrative gets you anywhere? Reality is that there will be another conservative Supreme Court justice sworn in, and you cannot do about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think inventing a narrative gets you anywhere? Reality is that there will be another conservative Supreme Court justice sworn in, and you cannot do about it.
    What narrative is being invented here? Republicans nominated and voted for Donald Trump twice. That's reality.

There are ways to undermine a SCOTUS appointment and hopefully Dems will get the votes (and have the balls) to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What narrative is being invented here? Republicans nominated and voted for Donald Trump twice. That's reality.

There are ways to undermine a SCOTUS appointment and hopefully Dems will get the votes (and have the balls) to do it.
    you're pretending to know anything about how I vote. You're on tilt.

Get to undermining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the end (SCOTUS justices) justifies the means (electing a re ed candidate because he's your party's nominee) then what's your point with the Alfred E Newman example? The left would be right to vote for Newman because it's all about justices, right? So why the haughty self-righteousness from you as a Donald Trump voter who has no regrets because of the SC appointments?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're pretending to know anything about how I vote. You're on tilt.

Get to undermining.
    on tilt. Always presuming to know my emotions when you're backed into a corner.

You've been a MAGA for four years, I don't really care if you actually cast a ballot for him. Doesn't make you less of a dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the end (SCOTUS justices) justifies the means (electing a re ed candidate because he's your party's nominee) then what's your point with the Alfred E Newman example? The left would be right to vote for Newman because it's all about justices, right? So why the haughty self-righteousness from you as a Donald Trump voter who has no regrets because of the SC appointments?
    You're on full tilt now. The dems couldn't get done with SCOTUS in 8 years. 8 ing years, and RBG told yalls to go back and your mothers some more. Hillary losing cost you a lot. A LOT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

on tilt. Always presuming to know my emotions when you're backed into a corner.

You've been a MAGA for four years, I don't really care if you actually cast a ballot for him. Doesn't make you less of a dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They all conspired to make sure he didn't get the nomination.
    moar conspiracies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All that can be said about it, now, is that 3 supreme court justices will have been planted before Trump gets ousted, and those three justices will do more harm for the ideals of the left than the last 5 GOP presidents combined and there's nothing Biden or anyone else not in the court can do about it other than continue to challenge it with new laws.
    Not worried about the SCOTUS. There are solutions to that via Congress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    big fonts.

I really don't. Honestly I have more respect for people who voted for Trump and keep their ing mouths shut about it than for people like you who soldier for him for four years solid even though they may not have voted. Doesn't change my point at all.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not worried about the SCOTUS. There are solutions to that via Congress.
    Tbh if putting COVID Barrett ont the court is what finally removes Democrats like Feinstein from positions of power and motivates Schumer to nuke the filibuster....worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're on full tilt now. The dems couldn't get done with SCOTUS in 8 years. 8 ing years, and RBG told yalls to go back and your mothers some more. Hillary losing cost you a lot. A LOT.
    None of this has anything to do with whether a party's candidate is a re and whether or not you're a re for supporting that party's candidate. Try to stay on topic. I know you've had a few to drink this Monday night and you're feeling fighty, but you're really all over the place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either candidates matter, and the left has no conviction because they would vote for Alfred E Newman in your hypothetical... Or candidates don't matter as long as you get your Supreme Court justices. Which is it? (I bet you won't answer.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either candidates matter, and the left has no conviction because they would vote for Alfred E Newman in your hypothetical... Or candidates don't matter as long as you get your Supreme Court justices. Which is it?
    lol the left wanted beto at one point. yep they'd vote for anyone even daffy duck if it meant ousting trump who they blindly hate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh if putting COVID Barrett ont the court is what finally removes Democrats like Feinstein from positions of power and motivates Schumer to nuke the filibuster....worth it.
    Plus there's a number of options, and they can try each one before having to arrive at expanding the court (which is an option too).

ie: There's nothing preventing Congress from passing a law formally legalizing, regulating and funding abortion services (under some "women's services" baloney because Susan Collins might get offended otherwise). Plenty of stare decisis to claim that's unconsitutional, and the SCOTUS cannot overrule Congress unless something is uncons utional.

Same thing with an updated VRA, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so funny it's all pathetic dudes here screeching about wanting abortion when yall will never ever have the decision to make either way. alone forever is yalls reality!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moar conspiracies
    What are you talking about? You watched it happen right before your eyes.
    Are you waiting for them to send out a press release that they did it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you talking about? You watched it happen right before your eyes.
    Are you waiting for them to send out a press release that they did it?
    I watched people count votes. I definitely preferred Bernie over old Joe,tbh, but if Uncle Tom Clyburn has that much clout over voters, then it is what it is...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Plus there's a number of options, and they can try each one before having to arrive at expanding the court (which is an option too).

ie: There's nothing preventing Congress from passing a law formally legalizing, regulating and funding abortion services (under some "women's services" baloney because Susan Collins might get offended otherwise). Plenty of stare decisis to claim that's unconsitutional, and the SCOTUS cannot overrule Congress unless something is uncons utional.

Same thing with an updated VRA, etc.
    Imo it’s an easy justification.

The 1856 Act that created 9 SCOTUS justices did so because there were 9 circuit courts and we wanted a justice who oversees each circuit court. Now we have 13 Circuit Courts, so we’re really just following the precedent set in 1856 by making sure there’s one SCOTUS justice per circuit court. It’s the originalist approach

Thread Information