My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There have been some doozeys over the years.
    Baseball and beyond, where do you rank the Cash Giveaway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll didn't work.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Approaching Poppovich level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Marty Shottenheimer comes to mind also.

For those who have said 'Oh well the Dodgers would have rolled the Rays in the 9th or certainly Game 7 anyways' that is bullcrap. Highly unlikely.

What is highly likely, almost certain is the Dodgers would have tightened up and Game 7 would have certainly been winnable by the Rays. Hey the Dogs could well have bounced back like the 15-3 game. Just saying highly likely that the Rays would have had a very good shot had PopaCash not taken out Ace Snell.

Ironic that Dave Roberts gets his 1st world series off a Popovich type overthink choke job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pete Carroll not running the ball with Beast Mode from the 1 yard line also comes to mind

also see

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I think Cash is one of the better managers in baseball who just made a terrible mistake in the moment on a big stage because he wanted to outsmart the system. Over reliance on metrics has become a legitimate thing with many if not most young managers. In baseball, “old school” managers get more scoffed at than analytical geeks. And I think over the course of a long baseball season, the numbers generally play out, and usually yield the result you expect. But in a 7 game World Series, sometimes, maybe most of the time, you have to throw out the numbers, go old school, and rely on your gut. Cash’s statistical logic was sound. His natural feel for the moment was not.

I still think he’s a really good manager, willing and open to looking at the game and playing it differently. But for now and maybe for a long time, he’ll be defined and haunted by that decision. He can learn from it, or he can spiral into a defiant defense of the move and be even worse for it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was pitching a one-hitter in the sixth inning and was at seventy something pitches.
    Taking Snell out shouldn't have even entered KC's mind.
    What's worse is that he was a total chicken sh** and signaled the pen on the way out of the dugout.
    He didn't even want to hear what Snell had to say cos he knew he'd tell him he was about to f*ck it up.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    It was horrible, monumentally stupid. And Cash doesn’t have the long championship pedigree of someone like Popovich or Belichick to make that bonehead of a mistake but still have the juice to stay relatively unscathed from immense scrutiny and job loss. I still think he’s a really good manager who ed up big time. But if he does keep his job, I do think he could learn from the mistake and be better for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AL manager of the year

Thread Information