Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Senate backing, trump's shenanigans on Jan6, 2021 are DOA.

McConnell and top Republicans urge GOP senators not to object to election results on Jan. 6. 2021.

On a private conference call moments ago now, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell urged Republican senators not to join House members on Jan. 6 to object to state electoral results, a source on the call tells CNN.

Other top Republicans — Senate Majority Whip John Thune and Senate Rules Chairman Roy Blunt — echoed that sentiment. Doing so, they said, would be fruitless and force them to cast a politically challenging vote against the President that day.

No senators have pushed back so far, according to this source.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...1be0927a2993d5
    Last edited by Ef-man; 12-15-2020 at 03:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was over on November 7, 2020

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-news-projects

the last month+ has been nothing but kicking, screaming, and flailing that has predictably failed to alter a single electoral vote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the last month+ has been nothing but kicking, screaming, and flailing that has predictably failed to alter a single electoral vote
    Agreed it was over Nov 7, 2020 but this is stake through heart for count trumpula's crazy , reign of terror and sign that senate GOP has had enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this has got to be fixed. it's a hoary old relic and anti-democratic as .

let's emulate 1st world democracies and let majorities rule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its affirmative action for the republican party, and they'll never give it up because its their only hope of maintaining power, a system that allows for minority rule

the existence of the senate is enough of a concession as it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its affirmative action for the republican party, and they'll never give it up because its their only hope of maintaining power, a system that allows for minority rule

the existence of the senate is enough of a concession as it is
    But's not their only hope of maintaining power. The route of making their party bigger by using their power to enact policies people like is there and has always been there. You can win elections by winning more voters to your side, counterintuitive as that sounds in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But's not their only hope of maintaining power. The route of making their party bigger by using their power to enact policies people like is there and has always been there. You can win elections by winning more voters to your side, counterintuitive as that sounds in 2020.
    well yeah there's that. but it has never seemed to be a priority. like how Ann Coulter thinks mass deportation and voting restraints are the better way to deal with hispanics than to enact policies that will attract their vote.

instead we usually just get vague gesturing at divisive cultural issues as a means to get in control and further fix the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well yeah there's that. but it has never seemed to be a priority. like how Ann Coulter thinks mass deportation and voting restraints are the better way to deal with hispanics than to enact policies that will attract their vote.

instead we usually just get vague gesturing at divisive cultural issues as a means to get in control and further fix the game
    Just spitballing, but I think had Trump been more of Huey Long type populist handing out tangible goodies to regular folks he'd not only have been reelected, but we'd looking at a solid 20-30 years of Trumps in office after DJT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time for a new Voting Rights Act.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time for a new Voting Rights Act.
    I don't disagree, but that wouldn't do anything about the electoral college.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count

We know Chris has been doing the troll thing this whole time, but there are genuinely stupid people like koriwhat who really thought that Trump and his legal team would win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just spitballing, but I think had Trump been more of Huey Long type populist handing out tangible goodies to regular folks he'd not only have been reelected, but we'd looking at a solid 20-30 years of Trumps in office after DJT.
    huey long was more stalinist than trumpist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree, but that wouldn't do anything about the electoral college.
    The EC is also outdated and should be done away with or at least reformed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huey long was more stalinist than trumpist.
    Makes sense to me. Comparison to the Red Tories in Canada and England might be closer to the mark, but lacks the element of the cult of personality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Consitution would ve to be amended. That's a tall hurdle to clear even when a majority of Congress and the states want to,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely. This isn't 19th century anymore. People vote for their own life and beliefs, not their state's. It doesn't make sense to get more votes but still eventually lose, as it's not democratic to ignore half of the voters in a state and give it entirely to one candidate cos he got 1% more votes...

Whoever gets the more votes win, end of story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate/House

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate/House

some of these media guys are rubbing it in, tbh...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Consitution would ve to be amended. That's a tall hurdle to clear even when a majority of Congress and the states want to,
    That or just need enough states to join the national popular vote interstate compact, which is a lot easier than a cons utional amendment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely. This isn't 19th century anymore. People vote for their own life and beliefs, not their state's. It doesn't make sense to get more votes but still eventually lose, as it's not democratic to ignore half of the voters in a state and give it entirely to one candidate cos he got 1% more votes...

Whoever gets the more votes win, end of story.
    Exactly. Give the power to the people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    national popular vote interstate compact

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats also need to look at why they cant win poor rural voters.
    Its "they are stupid" is not good enough. There are plenty of poor urban voters the Democrats do get who are also considered "ill-informed and stupid"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of these media guys are rubbing it in, tbh...
    there would be no need to rub it in if these s hadn't been holding out hope for a coup for the last month

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The highly populated east and west coasts should get to pick the President. all those hillbilly interior flyover states. What do they know, anyway? Bunch of re ed inbred Jesus freaks. I never took any civics classes, but its just common sense.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The highly populated east and west coasts should get to pick the President. all those hillbilly interior flyover states. What do they know, anyway? Bunch of re ed inbred Jesus freaks. I never took any civics classes, but its just common sense.
    What makes rural voters special that their votes should mean more than those of urban voters?

Thread Information