Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    sometimes players are putting up numbers that are unsustainable, and that stretch may last a full season or so, and then despite their talent and level of play being somewhat similar, they aren't putting up the same numbers.

lamar jackson having 36 passing TDs while the team was averaging among the least pass attempts per game was never going to sustain, even if he played at exactly the same level

an example in raider land was Maxx Crosby getting 10 sacks last year, despite most advanced stats showing he wasn't generating pressures at a very high rate, but an inordinate amount of his pressures were leading to sacks at a rate that likely wasn't sustainable. his production has fallen back to earth this year, though i dont necessarily think he's been much worse

with that said, i havent watched jackson very closely at all this year, so i cant really comment on how his level of play has been

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    that was the obvious solution last year too though, wasn't it?
    Well either he's regressed or they've figured him out.

My guess is that teams on the schedule took the entire off season to study tape as to the best way to stack the line.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Dude, that's exactly what happened to Mahomes to a T. All of his stats dropped dramatically (I would argue even more dramatically than Lamar's) from one year to the next.
    Of course you're trying to argue that. Anything to keep your opinion alive that Jackson is basically the same guy as last year.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    They lost because of flukeish amount of turnovers, tbh.
    I mean, lol "flukeish"

C'mon dude

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So Lamar has been figured out because he leads the best running offense in the league and one of the lowest air ones? That's exactly what he did last season.

IF IT WEREN'T FOR THOSE FLUKEISH TURNOVERS HE'D BE MVP AGAIN

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I mean, lol "flukeish"

C'mon dude
    Are you ever going to say something or will you just keep spouting different versions of "c'mon dude"?

5 turnovers in a game. Do You find that to be a sustainable, normal number on an NFL game?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Are you ever going to say something or will you just keep spouting different versions of "c'mon dude"?

5 turnovers in a game. Do You find that to be a sustainable, normal number on an NFL game?
    There's nothing to discuss with you here. I'm just laughing at you.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    There's nothing to discuss with you here. I'm just laughing at you.
    Yeah, I would say you have nothing to discuss son. Carry on, tbh.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Yeah, I would say you have nothing to discuss son. Carry on, tbh.
    Ok.

Lol DAF86 and the "but but Mahomes all star level injury riddled 14 game stats in 2019 weren't as good as 2018, so leave muh Lamar alone"

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Ok.

Lol DAF86 and the "but but Mahomes all star level injury riddled 14 game stats in 2019 weren't as good as 2018, so leave muh Lamar alone"
    You think Mahomes could have made up for the 24 tds he was lacking in two games?

Dude, you are being the irrational, emotional one. I don't know if you have a personal distaste for Jackson or what, but realize that you are alone on this fight.

Post Count
    i dont think lamar has regressed as much as some people seem to suggest

but mahomes "dropoff" to jacksons dropoff isnt very comparable at all

about the only major dropoff mahomes had was TD passes. but basically all his other averages and percentages were comparable, or even superior. mahomes "dropoff" wasnt that he was a lesser quality player. the passing game simply wasn't featured quite as much. in fact, even with the decrease in stats, one could argue that he seemed to be a clearly better football player the next year, due to his experience and natural maturation seen through his poise. he seemed to be even more calm and collected than before. and also despite the small decrease in some stats, he still had among the best passing stats in all of football.

in lamars case, his passing stats have regressed noticably in all categories, while actually passing the ball at a higher rate. not only that, just watching him, he just doesn't seem quite as dominant as he was for most of last year. there could be a number of reasons for that, and for all we know, the rest of the year he could end up going back to looking like he did last year. but as of now, its clear he has not played nearly as well and its affected his team noticeably. and his stats place him around the middle to lower end of the pack of QBs this year.

the differences so far between their MVP season to the next, is just not very much alike at all.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I mean, lol "flukeish"

C'mon dude
    Joe Biden says "Come on, man!"

Flukish.. no chance in . He pulled the same in both of his playoff games, both embarrassing home losses where his job was to actually, you know, throw the ball, aka the primary job of a quarterback, instead of hand off all game or monkey around with his legs.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    You think Mahomes could have made up for the 24 tds he was lacking in two games?

Dude, you are being the irrational, emotional one. I don't know if you have a personal distaste for Jackson or what, but realize that you are alone on this fight.
    I never implied that he would have made up the 24 TDs in two games.

Lamar has dropped off significantly. That is a statistical fact and it is literally the le of the NBC sports article I posted so another lol on me being "alone, irrational and emotional in this fight". There is no fight, only lols.

I don't know why you're shielding so hard for him but whatever.

Lol.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I never implied that he would have made up the 24 TDs in two games.

Lamar has dropped off significantly. That is a statistical fact and it is literally the le of the NBC sports article I posted so another lol on me being "alone, irrational and emotional in this fight". There is no fight, only lols.

I don't know why you're shielding so hard for him but whatever.

Lol.
    That Lamar has dropped statistically isn't argued by anyone. It is an easily verificable fact. I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing your statement that he has been "figured out". A statement I didn't see anybody else agree with, tbh.

I'm not shielding him, I just like to disprove re ed takes, tbh.

5-2 you cornholes.
    With one of two losses coming against 7-0 Steelers which was far more of a self destruction then a Stooler win.

He cleans up the bad INTs and gets some real receivers and he'll be fine.

Needs to clean up his throwing motion technique, I'll give you that. Can't always be throwing outs off your back foot and sidearmed. They fall short.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    5-2 you cornholes.
    With one of two losses coming against 7-0 Steelers which was far more of a self destruction then a Stooler win.

He cleans up the bad INTs and gets some real receivers and he'll be fine.

Needs to clean up his throwing motion technique, I'll give you that. Can't always be throwing outs off your back foot and sidearmed. They fall short.
    Can't beat up on the easy teams and get beat by all the contenders and call yourselves better than pretenders, tbh.

2013 Chiefs all over again.

Can't beat up on the easy teams and get beat by all the contenders and call yourselves better than pretenders, tbh.

2013 Chiefs all over again.
    Agree. If Baltimore flames out again this playoffs they're just regular season stat padders.
    Jackson needs to cut the turns, but also needs more support from the team.

Last night the great Tampon Bay Tom won again. Or did he? BradyRef for the win.

I doubt Jackson is ever going to get favorable ref calls.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Agree. If Baltimore flames out again this playoffs they're just regular season stat padders.
    Jackson needs to cut the turns, but also needs more support from the team.

Last night the great Tampon Bay Tom won again. Or did he? BradyRef for the win.

I doubt Jackson is ever going to get favorable ref calls.
    Nah. He needs to be traded to fetch a couple 1sts to some team who just hired an offensive coach from the college ranks. While they still can, before his stock drops too low. He's another one of those QBs who teams must win "in spite of", rather than "because of"... Ravens have a lot of players to pay, especially on D, and they're a defense first team... that would be the smart power play for the Ravens, rather than giving Jackson 40+ million a year he hasn't earned. Zero playoff wins and neither losses were close.

Nah. He needs to be traded to fetch a couple 1sts to some team who just hired an offensive coach from the college ranks. While they still can, before his stock drops too low. He's another one of those QBs who teams must win "in spite of", rather than "because of"... Ravens have a lot of players to pay, especially on D, and they're a defense first team... that would be the smart power play for the Ravens, rather than giving Jackson 40+ million a year he hasn't earned. Zero playoff wins and neither losses were close.
    Pssssh.
    Check out the receiver drops vs Tennessee. Including 2 for TDs. OLine can't clear room on 4th and 1 not once but twice?
    How the is that on Jackson?

The defense couldn't get a stop vs the Stoolers for the win. Altho we can agree the 40 yard *pass interference* that propelled Rapeburger on the winning t.d. drive was suspect. Of course network showed zero replays.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    If defenses haven't figured him out then what might be another reason he is struggling? Anyone?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    If defenses haven't figured him out then what might be another reason he is struggling? Anyone?
    There can be many different reasons why players struggle: injuries, momentary confidence issues, lost of talent on teammates, opposing teams adjusting to you (without getting to the point of figuring you out).

Mahomes and the Chiefs were 6-4 last season and people were already dismissing them. As it turns out, they hadn't been figured out, they were just having a rough patch, like every team and player faces many times during their careers.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    There can be many different reasons why players struggle: injuries, momentary confidence issues, lost of talent on teammates, opposing teams adjusting to you (without getting to the point of figuring you out).

Mahomes and the Chiefs were 6-4 last season and people were already dismissing them. As it turns out, they hadn't been figured out, they were just having a rough patch, like every team and player faces many times during their careers.
    Difference is, Mahomes can throw his way out of that kind of a hole. RG8 cannot.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

Yeah Mahomes leg got bent among other team injuries. Chiefs mid 2019 struggling problem solved.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Yeah Mahomes leg got bent among other team injuries. Chiefs mid 2019 struggling problem solved.
    Chiefs went 2-1 without Mahomes. The issues were with him playing.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Chiefs went 2-1 without Mahomes. The issues were with him playing.
    He had injured his ankle at the end of the 2nd or 3rd quarter of week 1 game against Jacksonville that season. His leg injury against Denver was blessing in disguise. It allowed him to heal his ankle and he was 100% ready at the start of the playoffs

Thread Information