Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    when he actually has to throw the ball, playing from behind... he turns the ball over. At a torrid rate.

Not an elite QB. Not top 10.

Discuss.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    He actually moved the ball pretty well today while behind in the 4th quarter, tbh. He had a TD drive and two other good drives, one where they barely missed a 4th down conversion and the other where they ran out of time after a shot at the end zone.

His problems were the turnovers he had while tied or ahead, tbh. In any case, he's still one of the best QBs in the league. The Ravens where before he took charge and now they are one of the best teams in the league. The entire Ravens' run offense works thanks to Lamar running ability and his vision to run the option. That said, yeah, he will need to improve a bit more as a pocket passer.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he was converting on a scoring percentage last year that was untennable this year, and that ty option is always easy to sniff out for elite defenses.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    he was converting on a scoring percentage last year that was untennable this year, and that ty option is always easy to sniff out for elite defenses.
    Last season the Niners' defense was as elite as they come and he picked them apart with the option. He made them look silly.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Last season the Niners' defense was as elite as they come and he picked them apart with the option. He made them look silly.
    that was last year, now that there's tape he's been

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Heck, we don't even have to go that far. Today the Ravens moved the ball as much as they wanted against an elite Steelers' defense. With better ball security they would have won by 14+.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    that was last year, now that there's tape he's been
    Read above, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Read above, tbh.
    they lost cause of tape,

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    they lost cause of tape,
    They lost because of flukeish amount of turnovers, tbh.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    A year later defenses have figured him out, while he has hasn't adapted.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    A year later defenses have figured him out, while he has hasn't adapted.
    Coming into this week they were averaging 30 ppg while having the number one offense on rushing yards per game. How does that mean that teams have figured them out?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Coming into this week they were averaging 30 ppg while having the number one offense on rushing yards per game. How does that mean that teams have figured them out?
    there's only five teams averaging less team YPG than the Ravens and they're averaging 177 passing YPG.

You can stop this now.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    there's only five teams averaging less team YPG than the Ravens and they're averaging 177 passing YPG.

You can stop this now.
    So? When you run the ball as much and try to control the game clock you will tend to have lower yardage totals. How can you say a team has been "figured out" when they are still winning games at a high clip while averaging 30 pts per game?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So? When you run the ball as much and try to control the game clock you will tend to have lower yardage totals. How can you say a team has been "figured out" when they are still winning games at a high clip while averaging 30 pts per game?
    I never said the "team" was figured out. RIF and stuff.

Just stop

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I never said the "team" was figured out. RIF and stuff.

Just stop
    So Lamar has been figured out because he leads the best running offense in the league and one of the lowest air ones? That's exactly what he did last season.

Final play Pittsburg pass interference?

Certainly not putting the game on it. Just saying if that pass was thrown by Tampon Tom, Rothlessburger, Wilson etc and not a real like Jackson would it have been auto flag thrown?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    So Lamar has been figured out because he leads the best running offense in the league and one of the lowest air ones? That's exactly what he did last season.
    his TD rate from last year was completely unsustainable... their scoring output was always due to regress

his passing efficiency otherwise is more or less comparable to last season, but he's running less

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    his TD rate from last year was completely unsustainable...their scoring output was always due to regress

his passing efficiency otherwise is more or less comparable to last season, but he's running less
    Sure, that's very different from being figured out, tbh.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    his TD rate from last year was completely unsustainable... their scoring output was always due to regress

It's pretty clear he's running less because Ds are stacking the line, making him throw.

He reminds me of Kordell Stewart.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Sure, that's very different from being figured out, tbh.
    Lol semantics.

Whatever you need to help you win a basketball forum on the side football thread

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Lol semantics.

Whatever you need to help you win a basketball forum on the side football thread
    You are confusing "semantics" with two very different, very distinct things, tbh.

Mahomes 50 TDs/5000 yards debut season was unsustainable, hence why he only threw for 26 TDs the next season. That, clearly, didn't mean he was figured out though.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    How is that semantics?

Mahomes 50 TDs/5000 yards debut season was unsustainable, hence why he only threw for 26 TDs the next season. That, clearly, didn't mean he was figured out though.
    Good Lord man. There's such a thing as not quite hitting your previous year stats and then there's seeing all your stats drop dramatically across the board.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...om-mvp-season/

Give it up already.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    It's pretty clear he's running less because Ds are stacking the line, making him throw.

that was the obvious solution last year too though, wasn't it?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Good Lord man. There's such a thing as not quite hitting your previous year stats and then there's seeing all your stats drop dramatically across the board.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...om-mvp-season/

Give it up already.
    Dude, that's exactly what happened to Mahomes to a T. All of his stats dropped dramatically (I would argue even more dramatically than Lamar's) from one year to the next.

If you don't understand the difference between seeing your stats decrease and being "figured out" then that's on you, tbh. I will help you out, I hope you take the explanation.

Seeing your stats decrease means that your statistical output diminished from your previous year, and, although it is never a good thing to see your production dip, sometimes it doesn't mean much, specially when you come from having historic, monster, MVP seasons like Lamar and Mahomes did.

Being figured out means that opposing teams have found a way to make you ineffective and you can no longer be a productive, positive impact player.

Seeing how Lamar can still lead a team that puts 30 ppg and wins over 70% of its games, the logical conclusion is that he hasn't been "figured out" but, rather, that he's just seeing his historic, unsustainable production from last season revert to more normal standards, which are still pretty good by basing it on results, tbh.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

He has been dealing with a nagging injury all season long, that's why he isn't running as much.

Thread Information