Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely since they are soo concerned about voter fraud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did that one also have millions of mail in votes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh the gawd fearin gun totin freedom fighters have uncovered decades of computer tabulation fraud by the evil cabals.
    Don't you know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL VOTES

(alleged, never proven)
    Last edited by Winehole23; 11-16-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your conspiracy theory here, Karrin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (calling the 2016 election crooked was a signature Trumpism, it looks like he's repeating the mannerism.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BBUTTHERUSSIANS!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she conceded the morning after the election

no legal challenges to the results

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for Trump conceding he got his butt kicked. This is dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Refresh my memory please.
    Surely with the close results in 2016 the Trumpies were parading for a recount, right?
    Because they are all about the integrity of the elections, right?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

Agreed on both accounts, but with a caveat.

She has since expressed regret that she did concede and told Biden not to concede, no matter what.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

She has since expressed regret that she did concede and told Biden not to concede, no matter what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

link to her regret?

and as far as i'm aware, her advice not to concede was limited to election day itself (nov 3) until mail in ballots were counted. and she was right. a concession on nov 3 would have been absurd and premature given what unfolded that whole week as votes were tallied

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, yes.

Numerically, absentee/mail-in ballots made up roughly 33 million of the 140 million ballots counted in the 2016 general election and 28 million of the 120 million counted in 2018.
    https://ballotpedia.org/Analysis_of_...ing,_2016-2018

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Karrin

What these states need to do is allow for early counting of mail ins to avoid the week delay. Florida was able to count weeks in advance..

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an absolutely perfect example of how the MAGA cult lures in stupid people.

When you're off by 33 million on your estimate of the number of mail-in votes cast in a previous election, you're a convenient rube to convince that mail-in votes were manipulated en masse to swing the election in the opposing candidate's favor.

Knowledge is power.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It’s revisionist history to act like Democrats (outside of maybe a few fringe examples who aren’t politically relevant) ever claimed Russians literally altered vote counting or directly impacted results. The accusations against Russia were for spreading disinformation to change the hearts and minds of voters, not to make it so a ballot cast for Clinton either didn’t count at all or counted as a ballot cast for Trump. It’s another intellectually dishonest bad faith comparison by Republicans who want to play the whataboutism card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

According to right wing legend and lore, any post-election investigation of Trump was a de facto attempt "to reverse the election."

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    link to her regret?

and as far as i'm aware, her advice not to concede was limited to election day itself (nov 3) until mail in ballots were counted. and she was right. a concession on nov 3 would have been absurd and premature given what unfolded that whole week as votes were tallied
    The regret part isn’t something she said specifically. I thought it was obvious that she regretted the fact she conceded. But if you believe differently, I won’t challenge that opinion. Just an opinion.

As far as not conceding limited to Election Day, I haven’t read or heard that anywhere. Here’s what she said:

“Joe Biden should not concede under any cir stances, because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch, and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is,” Clinton said in an interview...”
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...under-n1238156

To me, that doesn’t sound like don’t concede “limited to only Election Day” or until all mail ballots are counted, particularly with the “drag out” comment. If I’m inferring her intent, I would guess that means to not concede at least until votes are certified. But that is my inference, and it is only an inference. I certainly don’t believe it meant wait just one day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The president should always concede when he loses. If it was a problem with the election it should be figured out after the fact. Just an indication how much personal wealth and power is associated with that office and all of the little minions that suck up around him in the party are part and parcel of that entire show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The regret part isn’t something she said specifically. I thought it was obvious that she regretted the fact she conceded. But if you believe differently, I won’t challenge that opinion. Just an opinion.
    but what is this opinion based on?

As far as not conceding limited to Election Day, I haven’t read or heard that anywhere. Here’s what she said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...under-n1238156

To me, that doesn’t sound like don’t concede “limited to only Election Day” or until all mail ballots are counted, particularly with the “drag out” comment. If I’m inferring her intent, I would guess that means to not concede at least until votes are certified. But that is my inference, and it is only an inference. I certainly don’t believe it meant wait just one day.

starting around 33 seconds she starts talking about absentee ballots, and then at 42 seconds she mentions republicans having a lead on election day. goes on to say that biden shouldnt concede because they think he'll ultimately win. i thought it was pretty heavily implied she was referring to that red mirage scenario

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    but what is this opinion based on?
    I think she regrets conceding so quickly back then. You don’t think she regrets conceding? It’s an opinion based on what I think she feels. If it was based on anything other than my personal opinion, anything more tangible, I would have offered that the first time you asked. Like I said, I figured it was obvious. If she had to do it over again, I believe she would have let things play out longer, similar to what’s going on right now with Trump. Probably not this long, but certainly not conceding the next day.

starting around 33 seconds she starts talking about absentee ballots, and then at 42 seconds she mentions republicans having a lead on election day. goes on to say that biden shouldnt concede because they think he'll ultimately win. i thought it was pretty heavily implied she was referring to that red mirage scenario
    Sure, I guess. I still hear “under no cir stances.” And to me, I just see that certification of election results as the deadline for all that . All this bull Trump and his team are throwing against the wall, as stupid as it is, has an expiration date. It’s state certification of the election results.

Let me make this clear. I do think this entire thing a show. And it makes no sense from Trumps’s standpoint. Should Trump have already conceded? Absolutely, yes. I also believe that even if he didn’t want to concede, he should have at least agreed to allow the GSA to release the transition funds and to allow for the transition process to begin, without actually “conceding.” That way, at least it didn’t obstruct that whole process from going more smoothly.

If he had done that, if the GSA had done that, then the rest of this not conceding, recount, voter fraud lawsuits bull would be fine imo. It looks stupid. He looks stupid. America looks stupid. But at least it would not have so negatively affected the transition process. And then once all the states certified the election results, then it would be done with. Either way, that’s when all of it can and should stop, with certification.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think she regrets conceding so quickly back then. You don’t think she regrets conceding? It’s an opinion based on what I think she feels. If it was based on anything other than my personal opinion, anything more tangible, I would have offered that the first time you asked. Like I said, I figured it was obvious. If she had to do it over again, I believe she would have let things play out longer, similar to what’s going on right now with Trump. Probably not this long, but certainly not conceding the next day.
    she had no legitimate basis to contest anything though. claiming there was foreign interference on social media that impacted votes doesnt cons ute legal grounds to invalidate votes. i dont know man, i just dont see it other than trying to be all "both sides"y about it

Sure, I guess. I still hear “under no cir stances.” And to me, I just see that certification of election results as the deadline for all that . All this bull Trump and his team are throwing against the wall, as stupid as it is, has an expiration date. It’s state certification of the election results.

Let me make this clear. I do think this entire thing a show. And it makes no sense from Trumps’s standpoint. Should Trump have already conceded? Absolutely, yes. I also believe that even if he didn’t want to concede, he should have at least agreed to allow the GSA to release the transition funds and to allow for the transition process to begin, without actually “conceding.” That way, at least it didn’t obstruct that whole process from going more smoothly.

If he had done that, if the GSA had done that, then the rest of this not conceding, recount, voter fraud lawsuits bull would be fine imo. It looks stupid. He looks stupid. America looks stupid. But at least it would not have so negatively affected the transition process. And then once all the states certified the election results, then it would be done with. Either way, that’s when all of it can and should stop, with certification.
    i'd feel differently if the reason for not conceding is because margins were so close that recounts were going to play a pivotal role like they did in 2000 where it came within a few hundred votes in a big state.

Thread Information