My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ts-sources-say

METAIRIE, La. -- The New Orleans Saints continued their aggressive approach toward the 2020 season by acquiring linebacker Kwon Alexander from the San Francisco 49ers on Monday in exchange for veteran linebacker Kiko Alonso and a conditional fifth-round draft pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Both linebackers are on the mend from injuries. Alexander missed the past three weeks with a high ankle sprain but returned to practice last week. Alonso, meanwhile, has not played yet this season after tearing his ACL in January. But he also returned to practice last month.

The 49ers signed Alexander to a four-year, $54 million contract as a free agent from Tampa Bay last season. But the 26-year-old was limited last year by a torn pectoral before returning for their playoff run. This was a way for San Francisco to shed salary since they like their depth at the position -- specifically second-year linebackder Dre Greenlaw, who has started in Alexander's place whenever he has been injured.

49ers front office this season be like

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm fine with it tbh.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Smart move by both sides. Jimmy G has a high ankle sprain and Kittle has a fractured foot. 49ers are packing it in.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ing Kittle done for the season now. Just end it please.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    life comes at you fast

I'm fine with it tbh.
    ing Kittle done for the season now. Just end it please.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    life comes at you fast
    Even more fine with it now. Gotta start paying for players soon, and Greenlaw will be better in a year or two.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Warner and Greenlaw are the best ILBs on the team and it's a 4-2-5 league tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Even more fine with it now. Gotta start paying for players soon, and Greenlaw will be better in a year or two.
    Good news is the overpaid RB contracts will be off the books after this year since RBBC is perfect in Shanahan's scheme. They can win just fine with cheap guys like Wilson, Mostert and Hasty. Maybe try to ditch Jimmy and his huge contract for a guy like Fields on a rookie contract too

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Greenlaw is already the superior player. Even when Kwon is actually healthy, which isn't often.

Impressed Lynch found someone to swallow Kwon's contract. We would have been forced to release this off-season and eat dead cap hit. Instead Kiko is a FA

Now if only we can find someone to take Dee Ford off our hands.

Sidenote: surprised we even received a draft pick 5th Rounder. Greenlaw and Kittle were both 5th Rounders...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Greenlaw is already the superior player. Even when Kwon is actually healthy, which isn't often.

Impressed Lynch found someone to swallow Kwon's contract. We would have been forced to release this off-season and eat dead cap hit. Instead Kiko is a FA

Now if only we can find someone to take Dee Ford off our hands.

Sidenote: surprised we even received a draft pick 5th Rounder. Greenlaw and Kittle were both 5th Rounders...
    Nobody's gonna take Dee Ford with his potentially career ending spine condition. That's just another sandwich the 49ers will have to eat, made by their daddies the Chiefs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    On the bright side Soloman Thomas might come back for a couple years at a discount, he's good but not elite, but, coming off the injury he won't break the bank for the short term. Bosa despite the injury, is named Bosa and showed HOF potential as a rookie so he's not taking anything less than what his brother got... 25 million a year AAV. But they can wait another year to pay him and Greenlaw. They'll have to pay Warner this next offseason.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Nobody's gonna take Dee Ford with his potentially career ending spine condition. That's just another sandwich the 49ers will have to eat, made by their daddies the Chiefs.
    Haha. We pushed their in for 2 hours.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    On the bright side Soloman Thomas might come back for a couple years at a discount, he's good but not elite, but, coming off the injury he won't break the bank for the short term. Bosa despite the injury, is named Bosa and showed HOF potential as a rookie so he's not taking anything less than what his brother got... 25 million a year AAV. But they can wait another year to pay him and Greenlaw. They'll have to pay Warner this next offseason.
    We have big decision on Jimmy. There are options every off-season that can provide this inconsistent production.

The rest of the team I like. Both 1st Round picks hit. Secondary and offensive line will be focus in draft.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    We have big decision on Jimmy. There are options every off-season that can provide this inconsistent production.

The rest of the team I like. Both 1st Round picks hit. Secondary and offensive line will be focus in draft.
    at least if nothing else, overpriced-ass McKinnon and Coleman will finally be off the books.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There are so many QBs that will be available that we should drop Jimmy G. I wanted us to tank this year and be set for life, but there was no way of knowing that there would be THIS many bad teams. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Darnold (whom I hate) or Baker when they become available. Dak would be an interesting choice as well. Empty yards that he might bring, it would be nice to pair him with a defense and a real coach. Would be very interested on Stafford or Matt Ryan tbh. I never think long term, always short term bc you never know when injuries will rear their ugly head

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    There are so many QBs that will be available that we should drop Jimmy G. I wanted us to tank this year and be set for life, but there was no way of knowing that there would be THIS many bad teams. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Darnold (whom I hate) or Baker when they become available. Dak would be an interesting choice as well. Empty yards that he might bring, it would be nice to pair him with a defense and a real coach. Would be very interested on Stafford or Matt Ryan tbh. I never think long term, always short term bc you never know when injuries will rear their ugly head
    Prescott IMO should be the move, the 49ers won't be bad enough to land Lawrence or one of the two red chip QBs, so they should trade two firsts for Prescott (2021 and 2022), naturally assuming that that 2022 first would be near the bottom of the round if they got a healthy Prescott and dumped Jimmy G.

Prescott is at his best with a great running game and great tight end (preferably one who can get tough RAC yards on 3rd down unlike Witten), and with Shanahan he'd be in seventh heaven, by far the best offensive system he's ever been in. Plus, they have the line and receivers. Prescott would be back to his 2016 comfort zone but unlike Jimmy G he would give the 49ers good winning chances even if they fall behind.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Put Stafford on this team and were back in the SB

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Put Stafford on this team and were back in the SB
    Lately, there are quality arms available each offseason

I feel Kyle could go down this route of signing Veterans and 49ers would be successful. Competing for les. But reset every 1-2 seasons and more injuries.

I dislike drafting skill position early. But wouldn't mind if Kyle pulled the trigger and drafted a project. Prove your abilities as Offensive Coach.

*Could also understand retaining Jimmy for a healthy fight

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    We will need more offensive line help too though. Even though its boring I never feel too bad when they draft linemen in the first round

Thread Information