My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per sources, NBA BOG and NBPA will convene separately Thursday to approve a 22 Dec start date.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per sources, NBA BOG and NBPA will convene separately Thursday to approve a 22 Dec start date.
    I fully expect the season to start on the 22nd.

It's gained too much momentum, and there are too many powers at play (and too much money to be lost) for them to push it out further.

The real question is going to be about fan attendance and if it will be allowed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fully expect the season to start on the 22nd.

It's gained too much momentum, and there are too many powers at play (and too much money to be lost) for them to push it out further.

The real question is going to be about fan attendance and if it will be allowed.
    There is a ton of money to be lost with a later start, and I think I read no fans, at least in the beginning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get to see Keldon Johnson play much sooner. Yes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get to see Keldon Johnson play much sooner. Yes!
    And Poku!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , thought this was going to be a thread about DeRozan getting traded or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy turn around, draft to regular season games in 34 days.

When is the season scheduled to even end? Will the calendar reset after the season or will next season start later too?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they start Dec then it will be 72 games and next year will start on time. if it is January then it may only be 50 games to get next season to start on time. They want to be done in time for the Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they start Dec then it will be 72 games and next year will start on time. if it is January then it may only be 50 games to get next season to start on time. They want to be done in time for the Olympics.
    They’re not talking January any more. The NBA BOG is taking the December start to the owners with a recommended approval, and the NBAPA is taking it to the players, also recommending approval.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I like the 12/22 NBA start and a 72 game season. The players already had a few months break with the COVID-19 pandemic. Now the question is how are they going to play the games. Will fans be able to attend? do they play in the bubble again?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    If they vote and approve it tomorrow, i'd imagine the transaction window opens and we're going to see a lot of movement really fast. gonna be a fun month

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they vote and approve it tomorrow, i'd imagine the transaction window opens and we're going to see a lot of movement really fast. gonna be a fun month
    If it gets approved tomorrow I bet the trade window will open but not FA. FA may start as early as the 18th. They would still need to give a day or 2 for people to opt in or out and then the teams to make plans based off of that.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    When is the season scheduled to even end? Will the calendar reset after the season or will next season start later too?
    idk if it's true but i saw that if the playoffs don't start by a certain date then whichever team has the best record is awarded the tītle. some nba bylaw.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't want to go into late summer again they found out that nobody watches in the summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID will go away once Biden seals it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    idk if it's true but i saw that if the playoffs don't start by a certain date then whichever team has the best record is awarded the tītle. some nba bylaw.
    They don't want to go into late summer again they found out that nobody watches in the summer
    My guess is that the finals go until the first week in July. Then then Olympics start two weeks later, and end August 8th.

Probably have the draft in the end of August and free agency starts September 1st. Preseason starts first week of October, likely with fans in seats.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long at Forbes doesn’t come back

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highly doubt that because if that was true they would have done that this year. They do want it done before Olympics though. Who knows if that even goes on this year though with the cases climbing again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a ton of money to be lost with a later start, and I think I read no fans, at least in the beginning.
    Interesting. I could see the NBA going that route, but I was wondering if they would make it an owner or state-by-state decision like the NFL is currently.

I guess NBA arenas are kind of a different story though...enclosed, smaller concourses, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. I could see the NBA going that route, but I was wondering if they would make it an owner or state-by-state decision like the NFL is currently.

I guess NBA arenas are kind of a different story though...enclosed, smaller concourses, etc.
    It would also be a huge advantage for the teams that could have fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Windhorst only follows LeBron around reporting on what he had for lunch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst honestly is a decent reporter lol I remember he was the first reporter to mention Toronto’s interest in kawhi during all the drama

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine the talks going on between the NBA and the Olympics people are pretty intense right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine the talks going on between the NBA and the Olympics people are pretty intense right now.
    Nothing to talk about until the NBA figures out their schedule.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think they would have an answer by now. How long does it take to count 30 votes?

Thread Information