Page 269 of 363 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 9051
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get what you're saying but at the same time there is both a neoconservative and neoliberal faction particularly within the leadership of both parties that is pretty much the same in terms of what they want.

I think you can include McConnell pelosi Schumer Cornyn feinstein etc into that group.

Of course it's not monolithic but they are universally bought out. Feinstein is literally demented and being run by those en ies.

It's why you see healthcare reform that is basically a handout to insurance companies, consistent corporate welfare, no immigration reform and decades, and the light regardless of party.
    theres a difference between the neoliberals and the fascists. ive long been vocal about the liberals in congress being too far right. they dont serve as a proper counterbalance to the republicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the objections cannot succeed unless both the house and senate vote to object to a given electoral voter, which obviously will never happen with democrats in control of the house

all these republicans are just scared of trump and his rabid base. they know that if they dont lick his boots, he will lash out against them and they'll be primaried out by trump loyalists. they're protecting their skins and ambitions.
    You're underplaying the danger, which will survive the counting of electoral votes for Biden. Incitement to stochastic violence now, more demagoguing of the election and egging on the MAGA mob with the disinfo firehose in two years, and yet again in four years. If it works, our democracy is kaput.

Face it, 2020 election trutherism is a de facto GOP plank. No less a danger than secession in 1861, imo, if a bit more slow moving. The GOP base will be just as crazy and just as dangerous in four years --maybe more so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're underplaying the danger, which will survive the counting of electoral votes for Biden. Incitement to stochastic violence now, more demagoguing of the election and egging on the MAGA mob with the disinfo firehose in two years, and yet again in four years. If it works, our democracy is kaput.

Face it, 2020 election trutherism is a de facto GOP plank. No less a danger than secession in 1861, imo, if a bit more slow moving.
    no, im fully aware of the damage they're doing. i'm more addressing the "why" part, not the "what will the lasting ramifications" part

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both parties at various times. I don't see how it is controversial not to feel represented by either party.
    it’s not controversial. But that’s not his schtick.

who has been in control most of the last 20 years? If you want to be more accurate, since January 1995? Whose been in control of the major of the state legislatures the last 20 years? Whose controlled the Supreme Court? And since 2016, the lower courts?

Whose threatening the very cons ution, that is supposedly held so dear?

It’s not both sides, and to assert such demonstrates either a lack of critical thinking, or intellectual honesty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the objections cannot succeed unless both the house and senate vote to object to a given electoral voter, which obviously will never happen with democrats in control of the house

all these republicans are just scared of trump and his rabid base. they know that if they dont lick his boots, he will lash out against them and they'll be primaried out by trump loyalists. they're protecting their skins and ambitions.
    Which might not be that clever if you consider Trump got ousted last November, partially because a part of GOP voter base had enough of him. Sure, this move will get them Trumpers' favors, but you need more than your base to win an election.

GA runoffs will be very telling from that perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres a difference between the neoliberals and the fascists. ive long been vocal about the liberals in congress being too far right. they dont serve as a proper counterbalance to the republicans.
    there's a difference between appealing to fascist groups in order to get elected and being fascist yourself.

I get that it's a road to fascism and a huge problem but I don't see any campaign slogans with eagles holding piles of sticks quite yet.

that being said Trump and Miller's immigration policy with putting kids in cages and forced abortions and all that kind of is definitely fascist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's a difference between appealing to fascist groups in order to get elected and being fascist yourself.

I get that it's a road to fascism and a huge problem but I don't see any campaign slogans with eagles holding piles of sticks quite yet.

that being said Trump and Miller's immigration policy with putting kids in cages and forced abortions and all that kind of is definitely fascist.
    i dont think they'd outright call themselves fascist.

i dont think they're all trump, but the fact that they're appealing to him is imo just as harmful. there are a disturbing amount of people in the country who actually want a military takeover to keep trump installed in power. even if the people in congress aren't saying that, they're feeding that crowd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think they'd outright call themselves fascist.

i dont think they're all trump, but the fact that they're appealing to him is imo just as harmful. there are a disturbing amount of people in the country who actually want a military takeover to keep trump installed in power. even if the people in congress aren't saying that, they're feeding that crowd
    I'm still interested to see what happens after Trump's gone.

I know for a fact that the powers that b didn't take him seriously until it was too late in 2016. The stunned reactions if too many pundits and mouth pieces made that very apparent.

If they can't get the GOP back from Trump bannon and Miller after this loss I'm not sure what that means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still interested to see what happens after Trump's gone.

I know for a fact that the powers that b didn't take him seriously until it was too late in 2016. The stunned reactions if too many pundits and mouth pieces made that very apparent.

If they can't get the GOP back from Trump bannon and Miller after this loss I'm not sure what that means.
    among the louder voices in the house...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it’s not controversial. But that’s not his schtick.

who has been in control most of the last 20 years? If you want to be more accurate, since January 1995? Whose been in control of the major of the state legislatures the last 20 years? Whose controlled the Supreme Court? And since 2016, the lower courts?

Whose threatening the very cons ution, that is supposedly held so dear?

It’s not both sides, and to assert such demonstrates either a lack of critical thinking, or intellectual honesty
    I didn't realize we were discussing State legislatures as well. There was that PAC that was going through and dominating conservative state legislatures in a very similar way to how local news has been co-opted.

But it really is a question of two evils.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    among the louder voices in the house...

He is certainly a loud mouth. He is also a junior congressman that's not even a committee chair much less in party leadership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I'm wondering is if people that tied their horses to Trump to that degree are going to be rewarded moving forward.

him actually getting a committee chair at some point or not would speak to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pence/DOJ respond to the re ed suit filed by Gohmert

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...073.18.0_1.pdf

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I get what you're saying but at the same time there is both a neoconservative and neoliberal faction particularly within the leadership of both parties that is pretty much the same in terms of what they want.

I think you can include McConnell pelosi Schumer Cornyn feinstein etc into that group.

Of course it's not monolithic but they are universally bought out. Feinstein is literally demented and being run by those en ies.

It's why you see healthcare reform that is basically a handout to insurance companies, consistent corporate welfare, no immigration reform and decades, and the light regardless of party.
    Pretty sure DiFi doesn’t even remember her own name anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP is playing with fire

tick tock : )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP is playing with fire

Not really. More like playing with water guns, as there’s no chance of success.

It’s simply a political move to try to get the cult vote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    President Pelosi

Tick tock

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't realize we were discussing State legislatures as well. There was that PAC that was going through and dominating conservative state legislatures in a very similar way to how local news has been co-opted.

But it really is a question of two evils.
    no, it’s not two evils when one side has been directing most of the policy in this country by winning elections through suppression and gerrymandering as it has devolved further and further towards fascism and totalitarianism.

that is absolutely NOT both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sued the wrong party, failed to establish a controversy, alleged only conjectural injuries and asked for the wrong relief.

Looks like another legal tour de force.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. More like playing with water guns, as there’s no chance of success.
    Very short term, sure. Short to medium term, will go down.

Right wing terror attacks and assassinations. Matter of when, not if, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very short term, sure. Short to medium term, will go down.

Right wing terror attacks and assassinations. Matter of when, not if, imo.
    I don’t think so. You might have the lone wolf, vanilla Isis kind. The FBI has been pretty good tracking anything coordinated.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The affidavits and alleged video evidence were all . No court accepted them as evidence, because it wasn't even evidence. It was all just bull , ignorance and conclusory allegations.

The election was fair. Every audit and recount confirmed that. Biden really won.

Sorry you're going through this.

Thread Information