Page 222 of 363 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 9051
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the cons ution enables the states to determine how electoral votes will be cast... ergo you need the governor, as the chief executive of the state, to be part of the process.

electors who didnt win cant just up and decide that their vote counts just as well as anybody else's

an actual scenario of dueling electors is what happened in the 1960 election with hawaii. in that case, the governor of hawaii had actually signed and issued two separate certificates... one favoring nixon, one favoring kennedy

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the cons ution enables the states to determine how electoral votes will be cast... ergo you need the governor, as the chief executive of the state, to be part of the process.

electors who didnt win cant just up and decide that their vote counts just as well as anybody else's

an actual scenario of dueling electors is what happened in the 1960 election with hawaii. in that case, the governor of hawaii had actually signed and issued two separate certificates... one favoring nixon, one favoring kennedy
    Their power is plenary. It means they can take the power back at any time for any reason. SCOTUS has ruled on this to avoid hostage situations that you're desperately trying to justify.

Not sorry, Philo.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cons ution doesn't agree with your lefty hacks.
    the congressional research service is not "lefty hacks." its one of the three official congressional resources that are part of the legislative branch, alongside the CBO and the Government Accountability Office. the CRS is actively involved when legislation is being drafted/amended, and in informing members of congress of parliamentary procedure

but even if you look at the cons ution, it states that each state shall appoint electors, in a manner directed by their state legislatures. that would involve some official state action in this appointment process (ie, certification by the chief executive of the state). electoral candidates cant just decide that they won and therefore their votes count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their power is plenary. It means they can take the power back at any time for any reason. SCOTUS has ruled on this to avoid hostage situations that you're desperately trying to justify.

Not sorry, Philo.
    the power lies with the state, not with the elector candidates

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be en led in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.
    what is the specific SCOTUS ruling you are referencing?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to on your buddy's point.

Also at having to do a rescue attempt.
    you don't even know what you asked, derp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for instance, derp, here is how the nevada legislature has directed the manner in which electors are selected:

From the Nevada Resvised Statutes, section 293.395. pay particular attention to subsection 3

NRS 293.395  Transmission of copy of certified abstract of votes and mechanized report to Secretary of State; canvass of vote by justices of Supreme Court; Governor to grant certificates of election and issue proclamations.

1.  The board of county commissioners, after making the abstract of votes as provided in NRS 293.393, shall cause the county clerk to certify the abstract and, by an order made and entered in the minutes of its proceedings, to make:
    (a) A copy of the certified abstract; and (b) A mechanized report of that abstract in compliance with regulations adopted by the Secretary of State,Ê and forthwith transmit them to the Secretary of State.

2.  On the fourth Tuesday of November after each general election, the justices of the Supreme Court, or a majority thereof, shall meet with the Secretary of State, and shall open and canvass the vote for the number of presidential electors to which this State may be en led, United States Senator, Representative in Congress, members of the Legislature, state officers who are elected statewide or by district, district judges, or district officers whose districts include area in more than one county and for and against any question submitted.

3.  The Governor shall issue certificates of election to and commission the persons having the highest number of votes and shall issue proclamations declaring the election of those persons.
    (Added to NRS by 1960, 262; A 1965 Special Session, 4; 1969, 65; 1971, 1415; 1987, 1371; 1989, 1666; 1991, 1106; 1997, 3465; 2003, 1706)

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-293.html

if its not certified by the governor, it has as much effect as my proclaimed electoral vote from several posts ago. now if the governor issued certificates of election naming two different sets of electors, as we had in Hawaii in 1960, then you'd have a legitimate scenario of dueling electors. but this hasn't happened in any state, derp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you want me to go find the relevant state statutes for georgia, penn, michigan, wisconsin too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol a hearing for all these lawyers who got blown the out in real court to just air their grievances once more but in a forum where they dont actually have to prove .

just theater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol a hearing for all these lawyers who got blown the out in real court to just air their grievances once more but in a forum where they dont actually have to prove .

just theater
    the main differene being, millions of people didnt see the lawyers lose in court, but the did watch the lawyers, the self-dubbed experts and US officials lie about it on TV today.

advantage rubes.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moar suicides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moar suicides.

Derp has no shame.

Pedaling false narratives at the expense of other people’s grief.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp has no shame.

Pedaling false narratives at the expense of other people’s grief.
    Fourth-rate Chumpette recycling pearl clutching ploys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fourth-rate Chumpette recycling pearl clutching ploys.
    Fox News backtracked (and paid up) on Seth Rich story after being sued.

James O’Sullivan’s family will sue everyone, like you derp, for spreading lies and causing them pain/suffering.

Banned
    My Team
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you want me to go find the relevant state statutes for georgia, penn, michigan, wisconsin too?
    You learning what plenary authority means will suffice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You learning what plenary authority means will suffice.
    Derpowitz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moar suicides.

Riposte:

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Riposte:

I notice there is no actual denial in that tweet.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I notice there is no actual denial in that tweet.
    Sure there is, they call the allegation baseless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    perseveration

Neurology. The repeating of the same verbal or motor response to varied stimuli

Etiology; Organic brain disease, traumatic brain injury, schizophrenia.

McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

Thread Information