San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Involves a grand total of 8 votes in a state Brandon won by 20k+ votes.

Delicious tears are delicious, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arizona Legislature 'cannot and will not' overturn election, Republican House speaker says

"As a conservative Republican, I don’t like the results of the presidential election," Bowers said in a prepared statement. "I voted for President Trump and worked hard to reelect him. But I cannot and will not entertain a suggestion that we violate current law to change the outcome of a certified election."

"I believe that (Ducey) signed a fraudulent do ent. And he knew it! I’m requesting we recall Arizona’s certification," Finchem said on Twitter Friday morning. Later in the day, he cited a portion of the U.S. Cons ution that he claims allows the Legislature to choose a state's slate of electors.

What Finchem and his cohorts are asking is essentially impossible, though it is garnering substantial attention. Finchem gained more than 5,000 new Twitter followers in the hours following his post.

Why a change in electors isn't possible

The lawmakers may have received support from like-minded people online, but not from fellow lawmakers, which is a problem for their plan.

The Legislature would need to change the law to alter how Arizona chooses its state electors. And the Legislature is not in session after voting to adjourn in May.

The Legislature cannot convene on its own without support from two-thirds of the members in each chamber. That means Democrats would have to agree, which is unlikely. Republicans have narrow majorities – 31-29 in the House and 17-13 in the Senate.

The governor could call a special session, but any change in law would require a supermajority of lawmakers to take effect immediately rather than in a few months – meaning several more Republicans than Finchem and Townsend plus some Democrats would need to agree.

Bowers echoed a recent opinion from lawyers at the Legislature that said even if lawmakers wanted to alter how Arizona chooses electors, such changes could not apply to this election because voters already have selected electors at the ballot box.
    AZ House speaker Rusty Bowers ed em again.

Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers, a Republican, quietly doomed House Bill 2596 on Tuesday with an unusual parliamentary maneuver.

The speaker assigns all new bills to a committee for consideration before they can have full House votes, a choice that often has a great effect on a measure's chance of success. But on Tuesday, Bowers took the unprecedented step of ordering all 12 House committees to consider the elections bill, virtually ensuring it will never reach the floor.

The bill's lead sponsor, Republican state Rep. John Fillmore, referred to the move as a "12-committee lynching" in an interview with CNN affiliate KPHO/KTVK.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/03/polit...ked/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Years after their lives were turned upside down by conspiracy theorists, Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Wandrea ArShaye "Shaye" Moss, were officially cleared by Georgia authorities on Tuesday.

Georgia’s State Election Board dismissed its years long investigation into alleged election fraud at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, more than two years after conspiracy theorists — and then-President Donald Trump — claimed that Freeman and her daughter had committed election fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

The fraud claims were “unsubstantiated and found to have no merit,” the investigation concluded, reporting on the work of the FBI, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations and investigators from the Secretary of State’s office vetting the alleged fraud.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...laim-rcna90350

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My gloss was based on your stipulation of rogue electors changing the result. That scenario is clearly prohibited by the US Cons ution and state laws.

Looks to me like the facts in Hawaii in 1960 are not the same. The margin was razor thin and changed by the final recount. The double certification was due to Republican electors certifying before the recount was complete and Democratic electors challenging that hasty move with a certification of their own. Kennedy won the recount, so the Democratic Party electors prevailed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_U...tion_in_Hawaii

But hey, if you think you can show that case is a precedent for this one, go for it.
    https://www.ajc.com/politics/can-a-d...CDHGKI6I6OQ3Q/

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The irony of this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we still just waiting on the results of the audit or....?

Thread Information