Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I saw the second half, how did you get robbed last night? According to you those fine offsides should be called, suarez was diving all night, ref was giving out cheap yellows to everyone... Only bad call was the goalie / diaz crash at the end but even then they had to make the penalty, play another 30 minutes and go to a shootout assuming no more goals.. or did something happen in the first leg that I didn't see?

IMO the Montiel goal should have stood because it was slight and no advantage was gained but whenever we've argued these situations you have always sided with a strict interpretation of offside, what is different now?
    -Rojas shouldn't have been sent off.
    -Clear penalty over Diaz.

Those are the two clear mistakes.

Then, the Suarez penalty, even though I don't think it was a penalty, shouldn't have been reviewed by VAR. We have seen all compe ion long how VAR stays away from those appreciation type plays, you can't just suddenly start changing your modus operandi.

But whatever, it is what is. Hopefully, now, all the boca fans behind mics and cameras stop the bull Rivar narrative they started.

Veteran
    Post Count
    The rojas yellow was one of many cheap cards the ref gave out last night, Palmeiras also got a bunch of them (including an egregious one from a suarez flop like 10 minutes before, almost the same play as the penalty dragging his feet and looking to dive).

And I don't get your argument over the suarez penalty, I've argued with you that the VAR is inconsistent in what they do and don't review and that makes it suspect and you argued that fixing a few bad calls is better than none, you are saying yourself it wasn't a penalty, so what's the problem? (For example, the penalty in the first 5 minutes against boca, no call on the field went back to review pk given, no call no review for the piola elbow vs Salvio un the first minute of the return match- don't remember you asking for consistency then)

Anyways I'll give gallardo credit for not crying about the refs this time, after all the things he said the past couple years it would have been extremely hypocritical to start complaining again now..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Offside by an arm to lose a result?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Why even have VAR if you're gonna uphold something like this?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

Probably a good call by the ref. Though the camera isn't high def enough to tell if she stomped and if so on purpose.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    This is my problem with VAR. Players have learned they can stall their foot and have it look like a foul on replay.
    I've seen this happen time and time again now.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Mbappe gets the ball, dribbles for twenty seconds, scores, and then they call offside.

He was offside by a yard and a half.

Enough of this "getting it right" sh**. Call it in real time if you're reasonably sure.

Thread Information