Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not out of Syria or Iraq or Afghanistan and ZERO progress has been made with Israel-Palestine issues. In fact, I was just reading that we are actually sending in more military mechanized units INTO Syria.

The Trump fanboys are not fans of the facts... they live in their own universe.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not out of Syria or Iraq or Afghanistan and ZERO progress has been made with Israel-Palestine issues. In fact, I was just reading that we are actually sending in more military mechanized units INTO Syria.

The Trump fanboys are not fans of the facts... they live in their own universe.

you have to remember the limitations of the information that they deem “true.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. "Life was much simpler back when I was a boy."

You do know those pictures of immigrant children in chain link "cages" were taken during the Obama administration? That's not speculation, they were online before Trump was even in the picture. You ing loons that think your politician is clean, and all the others are dirty.

BTW - They published all the pictures of the flag-draped coffins under Bush, but tried to hide them under Obama. But if you check the numbers, they just kept coming. I'll say this much for Trump - he got us the out of a bunch of Middle-East bull that was going nowhere.
    Gonna be a lot of "well Trump did _________" DINGING going on the next 4 years.
    Oh you mean like how you guys are dinging Obama right here right now with the "both sides do it" bull ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. GWB was the last of that kind. Clinton was of the same ilk up until he boned Lewinsky.
    We just made fun of GWB being a buffoon on an hourly basis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stuff I read in here

So he took us out of a senseless war in the ME, overlooking that he's trying to turn this country into the ME (undemocratic, despotic, an idiocracy).

Also, the notion this guy stopped feeding the MIC . Not only military spending keeps going up, and he keeps championing it (in alleged times of 'peace'), his absolute fumbling of the pandemic killed more people than any imaginary war in the ME you can come up with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Progress" comes from Latin. "Pro" and "gradi". It literally means to walk forward. It makes no mention of whether you are pointed in thee right direction.

I don't know who the Andy is, but any time someone starts talking about "progress" like it's some magic formula, I just laugh. Last week I actually watched a guy turn onto a divided highway going the wrong way. Ignorant bas was making progress, because he was moving forward. But the further he went, the worse things got.

I only popped into this thread because I saw the le over in the section on the right, and I was curious. I should have known. Bunch of loons letting politicians subs ute for independent thought, and sitting around ing about the other team. You children can have your thread... you deserve each other.
    this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one good thing about Trump being president was that it brought to light just how backwards and stupid our country as a whole really is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one good thing about Trump being president was that it brought to light just how backwards and stupid our country as a whole really is.

Not as a whole, but realistically the percentage has gone up. 4 years ago, I thought it was about 35% of the population that were the trumpers you see here. Today with social media and propaganda, and the feeling like they are winning through trump, we’re more like 40-45

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stuff I read in here

So he took us out of a senseless war in the ME, overlooking that he's trying to turn this country into the ME (undemocratic, despotic, an idiocracy).

Also, the notion this guy stopped feeding the MIC . Not only military spending keeps going up, and he keeps championing it (in alleged times of 'peace'), his absolute fumbling of the pandemic killed more people than any imaginary war in the ME you can come up with.
    How many times have we heard about our new hyper-sonic and "hyrdo-sonic " missles?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    2015? Funny that is the political year that turned me Conservative. Black migrants fueled by decades of War were shoved into Minnesota. Home to the George Floyd event.

Everything has consequences.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about "No Drama Obama"?
    He was too much of a celebrity and tryhard... baracketology on ESPN , but too many examples to count... also he was a polarizing candidate who ignited fires just like Trump did, but usually in the other direction, like "if I had a son he would have looked like Trayvon"... he wasn't the most presidential president either but obviously compared to Trump he's Abe Lincoln.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Progress" comes from Latin. "Pro" and "gradi". It literally means to walk forward. It makes no mention of whether you are pointed in thee right direction.

I don't know who the Andy is, but any time someone starts talking about "progress" like it's some magic formula, I just laugh. Last week I actually watched a guy turn onto a divided highway going the wrong way. Ignorant bas was making progress, because he was moving forward. But the further he went, the worse things got.

I only popped into this thread because I saw the le over in the section on the right, and I was curious. I should have known. Bunch of loons letting politicians subs ute for independent thought, and sitting around ing about the other team. You children can have your thread... you deserve each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not as a whole, but realistically the percentage has gone up. 4 years ago, I thought it was about 35% of the population that were the trumpers you see here. Today with social media and propaganda, and the feeling like they are winning through trump, we’re more like 40-45
    I'm also referring to a lot of our backwards laws, policies, procedures, etc at the federal level.

I mean we all already knew there were things we needed to fix and clean up but I don't think most of us really realized how much of a raging broken sewer it really is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 1960's: "hold my beer"

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bad part of that is it for worse because of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 1960's: "hold my beer"
    most of us weren't alive during the Cuban Missile crisis but holy , that would have been horrid to live thru. North Korea pales in comparison because it's very long distance and we have the technology to intercept them. Can't really do that from such a short distance as Cuba. Kennedy did fantastic decision-making there. Too bad LBJ was a terrible warhawk neocon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most of us weren't alive during the Cuban Missile crisis but holy , that would have been horrid to live thru. North Korea pales in comparison because it's very long distance and we have the technology to intercept them. Can't really do that from such a short distance as Cuba. Kennedy did fantastic decision-making there. Too bad LBJ was a terrible warhawk neocon.
    Honestly I don't believe our missile defense system really does work. I have read enough about it that I'm not convinced. I think the difference today is that people just widely accept we live in a nuclear world in which the world could end at any moment if some conflict arises between nuclear powers. Granted I wasn't alive back then but the vibe I get from that time period is people stressed out about nuclear Armageddon where as today no one really cares.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I don't believe our missile defense system really does work. I have read enough about it that I'm not convinced. I think the difference today is that people just widely accept we live in a nuclear world in which the world could end at any moment if some conflict arises between nuclear powers. Granted I wasn't alive back then but the vibe I get from that time period is people stressed out about nuclear Armageddon where as today no one really cares.
    I think we could defense from a weak nation like North Korea, now if China and Russia wanted to throw the kitchen sink at us then we're all ed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh you mean like how you guys are dinging Obama right here right now with the "both sides do it" bull ?
    Why lie? I've not said anything like that "right now".

Your team is going to win and you're going to get to smear it in the faces of people that matter to you like Ducks and Derp and here you are writing a lying narrative about me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily the OP, but basically every Trump voter I know also falls into the camp of people who constantly whine about how divisive politics are. They complain about the media dividing us, they complain about all of the "hate" and incivility, they talk about how we should act like Jesus Christ would act, and then they go and vote for the guy who says 60% of the country is the enemy.
    How many Trump voters do you know? Are they real-life or social media relationships?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why lie? I've not said anything like that "right now".

Your team is going to win and you're going to get to smear it in the faces of people that matter to you like Ducks and Derp and here you are writing a lying narrative about me.
    Obama was better than Trump but worse than Bush who was slightly worse than Clinton who was slightly worse than Bush HW who was worse than Reagan who was better than Carter who was worse than Ford who was much worse than Nixon who was much better than LBJ who was much, much worse than Kennedy who was equal to Eisenhower who was equal to Truman who was better than FDR who was better than Hoover.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many Trump voters do you know? Are they real-life or social media relationships?
    Real life relationships. Well over 100. Mostly family or people I grew up going to church with.

Ever since I've been able to choose my relationships I've managed to avoid the kinds of people who would be Trump enthusiasts.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily the OP, but basically every Trump voter I know also falls into the camp of people who constantly whine about how divisive politics are. They complain about the media dividing us, they complain about all of the "hate" and incivility, they talk about how we should act like Jesus Christ would act, and then they go and vote for the guy who says 60% of the country is the enemy.
    Very True.

But the entertainment press absolutely loved the Trump presidency.
    He said something almost every damn day to get attention.
    And finally people got sick of it. Trump supplied entertainment, give him that.

We had amazing voting numbers, so Trump did get out the vote.
    And what the vote tells us is we still have a very divided nation.
    There was no landslide of revulsion to his tactics.
    This is a meaningful glimpse into our country imo.

Also, our intelligence agencies seem to have done a very good job at keeping foreign interference out. Trump has not blamed China or Iran for tampering with the election in Biden's favor; they were possibly thought to entertain this disruption. Im still waiting on derp though.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can give you a LONG list.
    Dont think you want it.
    Not everyone on here is a shut in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before Trump, racists had the decency of hiding their true self, tbh.

Thread Information