Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nations far poorer and less technologically advanced have no problem holding quick, efficient elections. Distrust in U.S. outcomes is dangerous but rational.

The richest and most powerful country on earth — whether due to inep ude, choice or some combination of both — has no ability to perform the simple task of counting votes in a minimally efficient or confidence-inspiring manner. As a result, the credibility of the voting process is severely impaired, and any residual authority the U.S. claims to “spread” democracy to lucky recipients of its benevolence around the world is close to obliterated.

At 7:30 a.m. ET on Wednesday, the day after the 2020 presidential elections, the results of the presidential race, as well as control of the Senate, are very much in doubt and in chaos. Watched by rest of the world — deeply affected by who rules the still-imperialist superpower — the U.S. struggles and stumbles and staggers to engage in a simple task mastered by countless other less powerful and poorer countries: counting votes. Some states are not expected to finished their vote-counting until the end of this week or beyond.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the...tes-is?r=170nj

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the record of failures and humiliations they have quickly compiled, what rational person would trust anything they say at this point? A citizen randomly chosen from the telephone book would be as reliable if not more so for sharing predictions. And the monumental failures of the polling industry and the data nerds who leech off it, for the second consecutive national election, only serve to sow even further doubt and confusion around the electoral process.

Recall the mass confusion that ensued back in January, in the very first Democratic Party primary election in the Iowa caucus, where a new app created and monetized by a bunch of sleazy Democratic operatives caused massive delays, confusion and an untrustworthy outcome. Later in the process, many Super Tuesday states — including California — were still counting votes weeks or even longer after the election was held (more than a week after the Democratic primary, California had still only counted roughly 75% of the ballots cast, depriving Bernie Sanders of a critical narrative victory on election night).

The 2018 midterm elections were also marred by pervasive irregularities. The Washington Post noted “thousands of reports of voting irregularities across the country…. with voters complaining of broken machines, long lines and untrained poll workers improperly challenging Americans’ right to vote.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the full extent of the “irregularities” and treacherous outright cheating by the Democratic National Committee in the 2016 primary race between Clinton and Sanders was never fully appreciated given how pro-Clinton the press was. As just one example, “200,000 New York City voters” — many in pro-Sanders precincts — “had been illegally wiped off the rolls and prevented from voting in the presidential primary” (for one of the best-do ented histories of just how pervasive were the shenanigans and cheating in the 2016 Democratic primary across multiple key states, listen to this TrueAnon episode).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The coronavirus pandemic and the shutdowns and new votings rules it ushered in have obviously complicated the process, but the U.S. failure to simply count votes with any degree of efficiency, in a way that inspires even minimal confidence in the process, pre-dates the March, 2020 nationwide lockdowns. Even if one dismisses as aberrational the protracted, Court-decided, and still-untrusted outcome of the 2000 presidential election — only four national election cycles ago — the U.S. voting process is rife with major systemic failures and doubt-sowing inefficiencies that can be explained only as a deliberate choice and/or a perfect reflection of a collapsing, crumbling empire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter what the final result, there will be substantial doubts about its legitimacy by one side or the other, perhaps both. And no deranged conspiracy thinking is required for that. An electoral system suffused with this much chaos, error, protracted outcomes and seemingly inexplicable reversals will sow doubt and distrust even among the most rational citizens.

The next time Americans hear from their government that they need to impose democracy in other countries — through wars, invasion, bombing campaigns or other forms of clandestine CIA “interference” — they should insist that democracy first be imposed in the United States. An already frazzled, intensely polarized and increasingly hostile populace now has to confront yet another election in the richest and most technologically advanced country on earth where the votes cannot be counted in a way that inspires even minimal degrees of confidence.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greenwald

Meh, the votes are getting counted. It's only two days after the election. If we were waiting for the results from California and Oklahoma -- well, we wouldn't be waiting at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greenwald

Meh, the votes are getting counted. It's only two days after the election. If we were waiting for the results from California and Oklahoma -- well, we wouldn't be waiting at all.
    Thats not how elections work in th 21st century

hole country tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats not how elections work in th 21st century
    No one is talking about Alaska.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not like there are vote irregularities that are getting in the way of counts. from everything we've been seeing the count is going smoothly with the exception of the water pipe in atlanta

they're just not getting it done as early because of the volume of the early voting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greenwald

agree. When you have millions of mail in ballots that you can't start counting until election day it takes time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best cheater wins
    Wanna win
    Cheater better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thisisfine.gif

No 1st or 2nd world country performs as ty as we are doing

And yes there have been plenty of elections this year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thisisfine.gif

No 1st or 2nd world country performs as ty as we are doing

And yes there have been plenty of elections this year
    gee it’s almost like one party has done every single thing in their power to try to make voting as difficult as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So glad you and Glenn have provided so many solutions for the states to follow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So glad you and Glenn have provided so many solutions for the states to follow.
    Who said anyone provided solutions. Pointing out that its broken and describing how its broken is a good first step.

It shouldnt be this way. We are the biggest power in the world and have a 3rd world country election system.

Thisisfine.gif tbqh

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    thank the snowflakes in the GOP that didnt want mail ballots counted at all until after the election so they could set up their fake voter fraud scenario

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    American Idol does a better job of tallying votes and providing a legit winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said anyone provided solutions. Pointing out that its broken and describing how its broken is a good first step.

It shouldnt be this way. We are the biggest power in the world and have a 3rd world country election system.

Thisisfine.gif tbqh
    DO BETTER I CAN'T SAY HOW BUT WORDS

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank the snowflakes in the GOP that didnt want mail ballots counted at all until after the election so they could set up their fake voter fraud scenario

this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a really stupid argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're in the middle of a pandemic, with a president who sabotaged the postal service, and only a very small percentage of the vote still being counted less than 48 hours after polls being closed... Close elections are always messy. GOP has no one to blame but itself for having to wait frankly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're in the middle of a pandemic, with a president who sabotaged the postal service, and only a very small percentage of the vote still being counted less than 48 hours after polls being closed... Close elections are always messy. GOP has no one to blame but itself for having to wait frankly.
    Disagreed

The democratic primaries were marred with problems and that was last year (california, south carolina)

Read the article plenty other examples

This is a systemic flaw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The democratic primaries were marred with problems and that was last year (california, south carolina)
    They weren't this year during the general election. It all went remarkably smoothly. In fact, the German foreign minister was complimenting the smoothness of the US election but saying that people just need to be patient for the remaining results.

Thread Information