Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are overlooking the cap implications of all these trade. It's nearly impossible for them to do a LMA for Wiggins and 2 trade and stay under the tax. It would add like $13 Million to their pay roll. They'd have to hope someone is willing to take DMDR and give back mostly cap space or that GS would want Gay or Murray. And maybe Murray and LMA for Wiggins and 2 is appealing to them. But unlike most years for the Spurs, draft picks aren't basically free. An underrated reason why GS might be willing to trade down is the untold amount of cash it'd save them.
    I think adding Murray to the deal would be appealing to them an allow us to keep 11. We might have to take back a smaller piece to help them with their cap but I think it would be appealing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think adding Murray to the deal would be appealing to them an allow us to keep 11. We might have to take back a smaller piece to help them with their cap but I think it would be appealing.
    I think that might work, something like Murray and Aldridge for Wiggins Looney and #2

It would depend on whether GSW values Murray more than 11 but the Spurs should do it if the opportunity presented itself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was reading a bunch on some TWolves forums and read a dozen or more articles on possible trades for No. 1 and there's talk about Murray being a great fit next to Russell and who is locked in to a cap-friendly contract (if he is starter level talent which I think he is, just not as a point guard), but there's no way the Spurs would give him up. I personally think that Murray can morph more into a SG and secondary playmaker and be a solid piece, but if he could be packaged as part of deal with Minny to get 1 w/o the drag of a Wiggins salary I would be all for it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bad trade for the Spurs. We take on bad contracts and dont really improve. this may get us in the PO but after 2 years we would be at the bottom with older players
    uhh...
    -spurs could use veteran leadership (cp3)
    -starting caliber center (adams)
    -dort is a future DPOY

and the spurs would add a #6 pick.

it would be a steal for the spurs and they would be no worse then the #4 seed next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we trade derozen Aldridge and Luka to take on a 36 year old Chris Paul .. that. That’s dumb .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that. I’d rather they trade for another lottery pick that isn’t 2nd while still keeping the 11th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR a talker? Since when?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that. I’d rather they trade for another lottery pick that isn’t 2nd while still keeping the 11th.
    DDR/Murray/#41 to bulls for Lavine/Young/#4

would then draft Halliburton at #4. Halliburton and LaVine become backcourt of the future. Can use #11 on a wing defender. Still have the ability to trade LMA/Gay for another piece if the FO wants to.
    Last edited by Prime BEEF; 11-06-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like to ship Murray and draft a pg

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So we trade derozen Aldridge and Luka to take on a 36 year old Chris Paul .. that. That’s dumb .
    keep the #11 pick, gain the #6 pick. and dort is a future DPOY, like i already said.

and cp3 contract expires next year. way better than wiggins' contract.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don’t think anyone but you thinks this is a good move. If we do that I’d rather do Aldridge and Murray and I’m not down for giving up on Luka yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine if it's Wiggins + 2 for Aldridge, or Aldridge +41 and Milutinov's rights. I don't hate Wiggins the player.

Just don't want to give up 11 when I'm not sure that whoever goes #2 is better than whoever goes #7 or #8. And could therefore slide to 11.

But if GS also wants to absorb Gay into their Traded Player Exception I'd give him over for free, or for a top 55 protected 2nd or whatever to make the trade work. That's a free throw in for them.
    Wiseman will not fall outside of the top 3. The Hornets desperately want him and are trying to to swap their 3 pick with the Wolves number 1 pick. If he's available at 3 the Hornets will grab him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Aldridge to Miami rumors are interesting because they actually make sense for Miami. I think Robinson and Herro became a little overhyped during the playoff run, so it's not hard to picture Miami unloading one for a major upgrade of Aldridge over Jae Crowder at PF. Miami's probably hoping that the seeming inevitability of a guy named Duncan Robinson winding up on the Spurs helps them here. Aldridge + filler (Metu) for Robinson, Olynyk, Iguodala, & #20 pick actually works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the same fool who thinks Dwight Howard will turn the Spurs around. Gambit seems infatuated with washed up players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Aldridge to Miami rumors are interesting because they actually make sense for Miami. I think Robinson and Herro became a little overhyped during the playoff run, so it's not hard to picture Miami unloading one for a major upgrade of Aldridge over Jae Crowder at PF. Miami's probably hoping that the seeming inevitability of a guy named Duncan Robinson winding up on the Spurs helps them here. Aldridge + filler (Metu) for Robinson, Olynyk, Iguodala, & #20 pick actually works.
    well, I had to endure the worst player in the league as a starter for two seasons, having one of the 5 best shooters in the league (Steph, Klay, Seth, Bertans, Robinson) instead would be like a Christmas miracle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, I had to endure the worst player in the league as a starter for two seasons, having one of the 5 best shooters in the league (Steph, Klay, Seth, Bertans, Robinson) instead would be like a Christmas miracle.
    The Spurs obviously find bargain shooters appealing regardless of defense, so replacing Belinelli & Forbes with Robinson wouldn't be out of character for them. I view Olynyk as a place holder off the bench, a small net positive player who doesn't hurt the team. The #20 pick lets them take a chance... Imagine if they could get Jalen Smith and Aleksej Pokusevski. Two major Spurstalk camps could be happy together!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense from a win now perspective but Aldridge value just isn’t that high
    Yeah but LA can still be a beast 3rd- option. Especially on a Warriors team returning Klay AND Curry. Warriors plus LA and crew will be a very tough out next season. There's no way the Lakers woulda been able to shut down the splash brothers in the playoffs. How quickly we forget! 2020 season was a huge fluke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they can still get better value for Aldridge, and while not my favorite, this is actually one of the better trade ideas I’ve seen that I can get on board with. We get a young player, AND another first rounder. Plus, imagine if Robinson winds up finishing his career with the Spurs and ends up retiring getting his jersey retired. They’d have to put it right between DRob and TD’s, with his full name just for s and giggles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman will not fall outside of the top 3. The Hornets desperately want him and are trying to to swap their 3 pick with the Wolves number 1 pick. If he's available at 3 the Hornets will grab him.
    It would be a disaster for Wiseman if he went to the Hornets, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not one to do the whole sources thing but just reading some tea leaves I think we're reading this all wrong. I think we wouldn't even get Wiggins. I think the person they want to move silently is Draymond. Let's just say he hasn't been easy to deal with an is contract is seen as a albatross. Once again I have no sources but It wouldn't surprise me that if a deal is to be done it's for Draymond and not Wiggins.
    I think they’d rather move him, but no one wants Draymond. Just seeing what a ing problem he was for Kerr when they were WINNING LES leads one to believe he’d be a locker room cancer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be a disaster for Wiseman if he went to the Hornets, IMO.
    If the Spurs can't get him I would like to actually see him in Charlotte. I'm biased since I live in Charlotte and the Hornets are my home team but I like to see them actually for once have a chance at a legit star. They haven't had a legit star since Baron Davis way back in the early '00s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are overlooking the cap implications of all these trade. It's nearly impossible for them to do a LMA for Wiggins and 2 trade and stay under the tax. It would add like $13 Million to their pay roll. They'd have to hope someone is willing to take DMDR and give back mostly cap space or that GS would want Gay or Murray. And maybe Murray and LMA for Wiggins and 2 is appealing to them. But unlike most years for the Spurs, draft picks aren't basically free. An underrated reason why GS might be willing to trade down is the untold amount of cash it'd save them.
    Wiggins will make more than LMA next year. His extension kicks in, and he’ll be about $31M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson is probably worse than Forbes on D. They were just able to hide him better, with Bam playing behind him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the reported workouts for the spurs, it seems that they feel they have a decent shot at moving up in some way. Whether its 2 or 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wise man or bust

Thread Information