My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By all indications Joe Biden is the USA President Elect despite any voting issues, but why has this process taken so long?

Why is it so darn close to almost be a statistical improbability on the degree of difference in at least three states?

Besides the president's race - how the heck is the Senate 48-48 at this point?

Any chance in DT has a successful appeal in any state (and if so to whom)?

How did the House almost turn red against all odds?

When will someone actually call this?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how the heck is the Senate 48-48 at this point?
    Maine voters were likely scared Biden would pack the courts and Biden and especially Cunningham underperformed in NC.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Maine voters were likely scared Biden would pack the courts and Biden and especially Cunningham underperformed in NC.
    Meh, I think Gideon just ran a ty campaign and a lot of dumb Maine voters saw Collins vote against ACB and thought "Wow, I guess she's independent again!"

Outside of Portland, people in Maine are a different breed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By all indications Joe Biden is the USA President Elect despite any voting issues, but why has this process taken so long?
    as one example

https://www.timesonline.com/story/ne...on/5992587002/

Why is it so darn close to almost be a statistical improbability on the degree of difference in at least three states?
    it's not that uncommon in what become battleground states. in 2016 three deciding states were won by trump with a combined margin of ~80,000 votes (michigan/penn/wisconsin). having a national election come down to slim margins in select states is purely a product of the electoral college

Besides the president's race - how the heck is the Senate 48-48 at this point?
    only 1/3 of senate seats are up for election in any given election year.

as of now, there are 2 seats in georgia going into a runoff election, 1 in alaska which will likely go to republicans, and one in NC which has not been called, but also appears likely to go to republicans.

Any chance in DT has a successful appeal in any state (and if so to whom)?
    extremely unlikely from what we've seen in their attempted suits since election day so far. people cite bush v gore, but that had to do with the methods by which a statewide recount could have been done, after multiple counties had already conducted manual recounts. it didnt have anything to do with discarding or nullifying any actual votes cast

one of the potential challenges i have heard is they want to nullify votes, which while cast and postmarked before election day, were received after election day. they want to call that uncons utional, but i dont know that theres anything to support that. the cons ution allows states to determine how they hold their elections and count votes, so it would be quite an overreach. even then, from what we've heard, biden's margin in PA will be enough such that even if all of those after-received ballots are tossed, he still has enough to win the state

How did the House almost turn red against all odds?
    haven't looked into house results too closely yet, but district by district voting doesnt necessarily track statewide voting... ie 2 districts could vote 51-49 republican, and a third can go 80-20 dem... could be a situation where those 3 districts add up to democrats winning in the aggregate toward the state vote, but you have 2 republican and 1 democrat representative elected. obviously those numbers are a bit extreme but just for the point of clarity

When will someone actually call this?
    hard to say, i think given how close the margins are in some of these states, and the contention around them, im starting to think the networks might be waiting until one of the deciding states (penn/az/ga/nv) is showing 100% reporting before calling it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, I think Gideon just ran a ty campaign and a lot of dumb Maine voters saw Collins vote against ACB and thought "Wow, I guess she's independent again!"

Outside of Portland, people in Maine are a different breed.
    Nah Collins just ran a great campaign like she always does. Say what you want about Collins but the knows her state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hard to say, i think given how close the margins are in some of these states, and the contention around them, im starting to think the networks might be waiting until one of the deciding states (penn/az/ga/nv) is showing 100% reporting before calling it
    I'm not even sure the networks will call GA if they show 100% with a 1500 vote margin with a recount already announced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even sure the networks will call GA if they show 100% with a 1500 vote margin with a recount already announced.
    yeah i posted a nate cohn blurb in the other thread were he suggested the same.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Nah Collins just ran a great campaign like she always does. Say what you want about Collins but the knows her state.
    No doubt but the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t have run Jared Golden for the senate seat when he seems to be the only Democrat capable of winning over Maine’s 2nd district voters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We live in interesting times

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's 50-48 all but certain, Alaska is 2-1 for the Republican and Tillis is still up 1.8% with 99% votes in.

Thread Information