Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was going to go that way eventually anyhow. don't kid yourself. tx will be the last to adopt it though.
    Because Democrats not in office here

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a FL resident, so he'll tell New York to go themselves, plus if it's a state offense that makes him getting actually prosecuted even less likely. If he moves out of the country, even to a country with reciprocity, he won't be extradited for a state offense that isn't homicide. But the real point is... do you really want to piss off every single Trump voter (>70 Million) by putting a guy they voted for in prison? Plus the independents. It would look draconian on the part of the DNC and they would be crushed by the voting public for a generation-plus. Not to mention that the next GOP president would pardon him in any case.
    He can't be pardoned for New York crimes son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a FL resident, so he'll tell New York to go themselves, plus if it's a state offense that makes him getting actually prosecuted even less likely. If he moves out of the country, even to a country with reciprocity, he won't be extradited for a state offense that isn't homicide. But the real point is... do you really want to piss off every single Trump voter (>70 Million) by putting a guy they voted for in prison? Plus the independents. It would look draconian on the part of the DNC and they would be crushed by the voting public for a generation-plus. Not to mention that the next GOP president would pardon him in any case.
    please let him leave the country. go join frostking in poland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Democrats not in office here
    no doubt... they love to pander to everyone while putting those same pot heads in jail for exactly what they brag about. right kamala?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't be pardoned for New York crimes son
    Correct. Similar to Paul Manafort, who I believe Trump pardoned for his SEC/IRS/federal crimes, but he still has to serve a few years in NY state prison.

But Trump still has options that would guarantee he can play golf and be a rich, free man post-all this drama. Of course, he can still leave the country... or potentially claim his Florida residence (of course he must sell his NY assets off ASAP, should be on the phone right now tbh) and use his lawyers to block any and all NY state extradition threats, and remain in Florida. But I still think leaving the country is his best option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please let him leave the country. go join frostking in poland
    Not sure about Poland but most of the western/northern EU countries have "reciprocity" which means that they can be extradited over any felony offense, even if non-violent. He'd be wise to move to an island type nation without reciprocity where he could enjoy acres of mansions and golf and everyone would just leave him alone and he'd leave the USA alone.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So let me get this straight. I can go on a mass killing spree in Texas. If I move to Maryland I can tell Governor Abbott to go himself? Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me get this straight. I can go on a mass killing spree in Texas. If I move to Maryland I can tell Governor Abbott to go himself? Got it.
    Violent crime vs. white collar is an enormous difference for such purposes. But I already referred to that.

For example if Trump went on a killing spree and then moved even to a ty place like Uruguay, they'd do their best to hunt him down. Maybe he could rent a svetlana in Moscow, Putin willing. But white collar crime? Very difficult to extradite a non-resident with a bunch of lawyers and billions of dollars, tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Not only the SDNY. US Attorney’s office in DC got something for that fatass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems would be ed in 22 and every election therefore for a long time. That would be political suicide for the DNC. 70s+ million Trump voters, not 70,000. DNC is best just moving forward with President Biden and burying the hatchet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    feds are not going to do . biden would pardon before they went anywhere

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Robert Mueller isn’t a Democrat. You will soon find out how far his work branched out

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lol Biden won’t pardon. NY is coming after on state charges. The US will prosecute Wikileaks. And co conspirators

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's just so funny to see those who supposedly think they're counter culture vote in a total sellout with dementia and a cop who brags about locking people up for weed while bragging about smoking weed. yeah yall are so ing woke!
    Joe Biden is Your President

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems would be ed in 22 and every election therefore for a long time. That would be political suicide for the DNC. 70s+ million Trump voters, not 70,000. DNC is best just moving forward with President Biden and burying the hatchet.
    thats exacty what they will do. They are not petty and dont live in the past. Theyre going to work for the American people, especially the ones who need the most help. Not work solely for their base or themselves. Repugs who sold out for Trump should take notes and get back to being normal people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Biden won’t pardon. NY is coming after on state charges. The US will prosecute Wikileaks. And co conspirators
    you clearly dont know biden tbh

there wont be any federal indictments of trump on anything you want... other than the resolution of his ongoing IRS dispute i which case he'd just settle up, he's not going to get arrested for

new york state charges on the other hand, i dno, but biden would pressure the out of cuomo to pardon him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden won't pardon; but the Dems won't pursue. They will bury the hatchet. Because not only is it the right thing to do, it is the only wise choice for the Democratic Party going forward not to royally piss off 70-80M+ plus tens of millions of swing voters/independents going forward, etc.

If Trump killed people then OK, otherwise if crimes are monetary and white collar in nature, partisans on the opposite side putting another guy in prison is just too draconian for a non-third world hole country. forget the 60-40 senate majority already likely to happen by 2024, instead, we're talking more into the territory of 67-33 and cons utional amendments in the direction of fascism if the DNC tried to actually put Trump in prison...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats exacty what they will do. They are not petty and dont live in the past. Theyre going to work for the American people, especially the ones who need the most help. Not work solely for their base or themselves. Repugs who sold out for Trump should take notes and get back to being normal people.
    you clearly dont know biden tbh

there wont be any federal indictments of trump on anything you want... other than the resolution of his ongoing IRS dispute i which case he'd just settle up, he's not going to get arrested for

new york state charges on the other hand, i dno, but biden would pressure the out of cuomo to pardon him
    Finally, two people with a brain and realism instead of vengeance. Country needs more people like you two and less radicals like gambit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden won't pardon; but the Dems won't pursue. They will bury the hatchet. Because not only is it the right thing to do, it is the only wise choice for the Democratic Party going forward not to royally piss off 70-80M+ plus tens of millions of swing voters/independents going forward, etc.

If Trump killed people then OK, otherwise if crimes are monetary and white collar in nature, partisans on the opposite side putting another guy in prison is just too draconian for a non-third world hole country. forget the 60-40 senate majority already likely to happen by 2024, instead, we're talking more into the territory of 67-33 and cons utional amendments in the direction of fascism if the DNC tried to actually put Trump in prison...
    to be clear, i dont think Biden will just do a blanket pre-emptive pardon before anything is imminent. but if feds start sniffing, he'll offer a pardon on the spot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was going to go that way eventually anyhow. don't kid yourself. tx will be the last to adopt it though.
    I think the Texas legislature will take up medical next session. As for the US, dont forget there are 8 republican senators from recreational states. At a minimum I expect some positive legislation for cannabis companies in 2021 even if they don't go for full legalization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally, two people with a brain and realism instead of vengeance. Country needs more people like you two and less radicals like gambit.
    i definitely align with the warren-sanders wing of the left, so you'd probably still consider me pretty radical

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Robert Mueller isn’t a Democrat. You will soon find out how far his work branched out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be clear, i dont think Biden will just do a blanket pre-emptive pardon before anything is imminent. but if feds start sniffing, he'll offer a pardon on the spot
    yes. agreed. And I think Trump, for all his brainless antics, would have done the same if they had pursued crimes against Shillary. I thought the "lock her up" crowd in 16 and 17 were ridiculous and overzealous at the time, for the record

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Texas legislature will take up medical next session. As for the US, dont forget there are 8 republican senators from recreational states. At a minimum I expect some positive legislation for cannabis companies in 2021 even if they don't go for full legalization.
    They can get rid of 280(e) by executive action which would be worth millions on profits to cannabis corps.

Thread Information