Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i definitely align with the warren-sanders wing of the left, so you'd probably still consider me pretty radical
    I personally hate Warren for being a liar, a corporatocratic hypocrite, basically a farther-left Shillary. Bernie I don't hate. I do believe in subsidized medicine as long as it is high quality and you're not getting giant dinosaur-age technology pacemakers from 1963 just because you're on government healthcare instead of privatized. There should absolutely be a public option.

I don't believe in medicare for ALL, maybe they should reduce the age to 40 though because too many middle age people die of cancer only because they didn't have insurance and get screened until it was way too late.

I have a few "far left" views myself, like pro choice up to birth (I've fluctuated up on that), I'm for public medicine (if and only if high quality), and I'm in favor of legalizing some drugs and pro-public nudity (as long as it's outdoors and not within X distance of any schools) because I believe people would be more responsible about sex if they were more exposed to the human body and its normalness earlier in life rather that it being a novelty thing at 14-15. Also, i'm against "abstinence only" sex education in schools, they should be taught safe sex and the analytics of such.

But I'm definitely right wing on guns, free market capitalism (for the most part), against the LGBTQ+ agenda being shoved in our faces (it's okay to be gay, but live and let live, don't smear it in our faces 24/7), anti-hipster (think green and pink dyed hair, 80 piercings and 60 tattoos, emo, "alternative" culture etc), am against "green" laws that interfere with personal freedoms, and I'm against high taxes on personal income.

So I'm a mixed-bag. But I'm really not a bad guy.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    One of the guys who would know whether or not it would happen, Mueller’s top prosecutor. But carry on.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden distinctly said he would "not interfere in the DOJ and their prosecutorial decisions."

Back to the RULE OF LAW for the USA.

Meaning - the POTUS does not order investigations, interfere in investigations, pressure traitors to interfere.

Biden will appoint a LAWMAN/WOMAN - and allow them to follow the facts - and if there are CRIMES -

The newly appointed AG - will prosecute them without interference from the POTUS.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One of the guys who would know whether or not it would happen, Mueller’s top prosecutor. But carry on.

Chris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Weissmann is an asshole. Prosecuted scores of young employees of investment firms for extremely petty white collar crimes and made them suffer eating nutraloaf in solitary confinement for crimes they actually didn't do, and there was zero evidence in the first place. That guy is a miserable POS, so not exactly someone to take word of advice from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden distinctly said he would "not interfere in the DOJ and their prosecutorial decisions."

Back to the RULE OF LAW for the USA.

Meaning - the POTUS does not order investigations, interfere in investigations, pressure traitors to interfere.

Biden will appoint a LAWMAN/WOMAN - and allow them to follow the facts - and if there are CRIMES -

The newly appointed AG - will prosecute them without interference from the POTUS.
    prosecuting a man that 75M+ people just elected to be lead the top country in the world, as if that wouldn't be long term political suicide for the Democratic party.

1) You'd have scores of radical MAGA gunmen busting him out. And they could indeed succeed. You don't know them, they're gunmen with actual gun experience. They don't care if they lost a few of their own if they could save their "savior".

2) The Democrats would face major consequences in future national elections for a very long, long time. Draconians are not well liked by all except the far-left wing extremists, which are not in fact a majority pretty much anywhere in the USA, regardless of what you see on TV.

3) It would increase the chance of long-term right wing control of the government, in the direction of far-right wing policy, towards fascism. DNC political suicide. They wouldn't recover until at least the 2030s, the way the Republicans couldn't recover in the 1930s due to them being blamed for the Great Depression.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like double jeopardy. Trump was 100 percent exonerated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like double jeopardy. Trump was 100 percent exonerated.
    Technically, he was impeached and the Senate voted against his removal from office. I don't think that qualifies as an exoneration. However, if the SCOTUS ruled on it, then it would because that is a (and the highest, to boot) court of law.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prosecuting a man that 75M+ people just elected to be lead the top country in the world, as if that wouldn't be long term political suicide for the Democratic party.

1) You'd have scores of radical MAGA gunmen busting him out. And they could indeed succeed. You don't know them, they're gunmen with actual gun experience. They don't care if they lost a few of their own if they could save their "savior".

2) The Democrats would face major consequences in future national elections for a very long, long time. Draconians are not well liked by all except the far-left wing extremists, which are not in fact a majority pretty much anywhere in the USA, regardless of what you see on TV.

3) It would increase the chance of long-term right wing control of the government, in the direction of far-right wing policy, towards fascism. DNC political suicide. They wouldn't recover until at least the 2030s, the way the Republicans couldn't recover in the 1930s due to them being blamed for the Great Depression.
    Who voted for Trump to lead Germany?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this . Enjoying the meltdown/denial from orange goof and his supporters.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically, he was impeached and the Senate voted against his removal from office. I don't think that qualifies as an exoneration. However, if the SCOTUS ruled on it, then it would because that is a (and the highest, to boot) court of law.
    Yeah, that's not how it works. Impeachment has nothing to do with criminal law, that's why the SCOTUS has no saying on impeachment proceedings, other than being an observer.

He can rest easy though, I doubt the Biden's DOJ will come after him. SNDY is a different story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's not how it works. Impeachment has nothing to do with criminal law, that's why the SCOTUS has no saying on impeachment proceedings, other than being an observer.

He can rest easy though, I doubt the Biden's DOJ will come after him. SNDY is a different story.
    So you're in agreement with me; The impeachment and non-removal from office does not qualify as an exoneration. Now, if he was tried criminally and then SCOTUS exonerated him, then he'd be exempt from any future jeopardy.

I don't think SDNY will be extremely relevant now that Trump is fully a resident of Florida, but he'd be wise to sell off all his NY based assets for sure, maybe even in the lame-duck session (I'd recommend that to him). For a millionaire it would be tough to fend off a subpoena from your former state, but for a multi-billionaire mogul with top-tier legal teams, Trump will be fine if he rides low in South Florida and retires from politics.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah bro, you're just a ing re who thinks djt's sons are working in his administration. you're a re !

Irony. A guy calling another guy a re when he provides factually incorrect information.

I know it’s been a tough week for you Joey. Take some mental health time for yourself. Don’t want to see anything bad happen to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're in agreement with me; The impeachment and non-removal from office does not qualify as an exoneration. Now, if he was tried criminally and then SCOTUS exonerated him, then he'd be exempt from any future jeopardy.

I don't think SDNY will be extremely relevant now that Trump is fully a resident of Florida, but he'd be wise to sell off all his NY based assets for sure, maybe even in the lame-duck session (I'd recommend that to him). For a millionaire it would be tough to fend off a subpoena from your former state, but for a multi-billionaire mogul with top-tier legal teams, Trump will be fine if he rides low in South Florida and retires from politics.
    It qualifies as exoneration on the political (not legal) process that's an impeachment. Furthermore, he wouldn't be charged for quid-pro-quo, that's not a criminal act on it's own.

The only federal accusation I could see coming his way would be via the IRS, and in that case, if it gets to the SCOTUS and they clear him, then it would be as you say.

What the SDNY is investigating predates any moves to Florida. In other words, it's too late to try to jump ship now. Then again, maybe he'll get away with a settlement.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what did they expect? Jared's been failing at everything for four years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

stupid cultist logic ^

Democrats have zero to do with the DOJ prosecuting a criminal.

Laws were broken. Trump is a criminal. Trump will be prosecuted so that this country will never have another white supremacist or treasonous uprising again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Cuckner be leading the legal front, he’s not an attorney

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how tf am i melting down exactly? because i'm having a back and forth with yall? if that's the case then you're melting down too bro and so are the others. yall are so ing pathetic.
    The lack of self awareness is what makes them so glorious, stick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stupid cultist logic ^

Democrats have zero to do with the DOJ prosecuting a criminal.

Laws were broken. Trump is a criminal. Trump will be prosecuted so that this country will never have another white supremacist or treasonous uprising again.
    Wrong, again. Go away, radical. Go 69 Boutons_deux some more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong, again. Go away, radical. Go 69 Boutons_deux some more.

you embarrassed yourself at the altar of your traitor

go yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you embarrassed yourself at the altar of your traitor

go yourself
    SA s
    Greg Poopovich
    let Kawow get away
    can't coach a team to a respectable record without Duncan/Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally, two people with a brain and realism instead of vengeance. Country needs more people like you two and less radicals like gambit.
    I attribute it to faith more personally. I also had faith in Trump more than others. But I couldn't stand it after what I saw and heard. But I have faith in this new team. Even though I am naturally super su ious of politicians due to the system that gets them into positions like the presidency. I think many of them lose themselves in politics long before they get to speak in front of all of America. But for all of humanity I hope they do what's right, each time they have a decision to make.

Thread Information