Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... well, whatever their affiliation, they will be several degrees more competent than anything from the last 4 years.
    The pattern of financial/tech sector and corporate lobbyists as regulators is the status qup ante that led to Trump.

The Dems are too donor facing. This is already a huge political liability for them, I have yet to see any appointment that cuts against that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoils system.

Buttigieg may end up doing a good job, Part of the job is shepherding stuff through Congress, maybe he'll be good at that. His old McKinsey buddies can probably hook him up with advice, contacts and study material.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the qualifications needed to be a secretary of anything? President etc.

This seems to be an excuse used for whenever you don’t agree with the person. Pete is a capable dude. We’re not talking Betsy Devos type of incompetence here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the qualifications needed to be a secretary of anything? President etc.

This seems to be an excuse used for whenever you don’t agree with the person. Pete is a capable dude. We’re not talking Betsy Devos type of incompetence here.
    That's a very low bar, I could probably clear that.

Would be ok with Biden appointing me Secretary of Transportation?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

some BernieBros on twitter were saying that Biden should have made a railroad conductor sec of transportation

”Buttigeig isn’t experienced enough, we need a working class transportation secretary who drives choo choo trains!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To answer your question, there aren't any qualifications. POTUS can pick whomever he wants.

That said, Pete is a small city mayor with no relevant professional or bureaucratic experience, so this looks like a pure political reward.

Pete will probably do fine. He's smart and well connected.

You seem awfully touchy about any criticism of Democrats, why is that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You’re comparing their intelligence not their qualifications

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna drive some Rs crazy because Russiagate. The former governor of Michigan been lobbying for the job and wants to "lead the transition to clean energy."

Seems a much better pick than Mr. Majumdar, makes electoral sense too.

Jennifer Granholm, Secretary of Energy

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...artment-445782
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-lead-energy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You seem awfully touchy about any criticism of Democrats, why is that?
    I’m not. I just find it peculiar how every of his picks is getting doubly analyzed for not being progressive enough or not experienced enough. There’s always something.

if you go a few pages back I talk how I’d like to see Bernie get a cabinet spot when the rumors were going around he wanted the secretary of labor spot. But even that was lol’d.

But hey since we’re in conspiracy mode, which position is Klobuchar getting for her part in “gaming” the system for old Joe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not. I just find it peculiar how every of his picks is getting doubly analyzed for not being progressive enough or not experienced enough. There’s always something.

if you go a few pages back I talk how I’d like to see Bernie get a cabinet spot when the rumors were going around he wanted the secretary of labor spot. But even that was lol’d.

But hey since we’re in conspiracy mode, which position is Klobuchar getting for her part in “gaming” the system for old Joe?
    No idea, I'm not in conspiracy mode, just calling em like I see em. I don't have any guesses about Klobuchar and haven't heard any buzz.

What do you hear about Klobuchar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck: if you want to see the nominees get more props, be the poster you want to see, it's not my job to please you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck: if you want to see the nominees get more props, be the poster you want to see here, it's not my job to please you.
    Ok, weird post.

Who’s telling you to please me? I don’t care who gets nominated to these positions. I don’t even know 80% of these people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, weird post.

Who’s telling you to please me? I don’t care who gets nominated to these positions..
    Then why do you keep complaining about my takes?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why do you keep complaining about my takes?
    I was reffering to that ball buster guy with my today's OP. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was reffering to that ball buster guy with my today's OP. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and of course, Klobuchar's tweeted congratulations were even more cutting than what I posted:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some BernieBros on twitter were saying that Biden should have made a railroad conductor sec of transportation

”Buttigeig isn’t experienced enough, we need a working class transportation secretary who drives choo choo trains!”
    Buettigieg is a Rhodes Scholar I think so he'll figure it out. He's also a rising star among Dems who have about 5 people under 50 anyone can name so promoting his career like this is good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still no Bernie

still no Warren

I doubt either would get past a Repug Senate,and I expect McConnell to DENY many of Biden's nominees, so Biden will finish with Repug/oligarchy Exec branch.

The Dem establishment will continue neoliberal, anti-Labor, war-mongering, drone-assassinating obedience to BigDonor class, the MIC, BigFianance.

"Who You Gonna Call"?

America ed and un able.

Watch the Dems it up and lose the House in 2022 (they won't care)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still no Bernie

still no Warren

I doubt either would get past a Repug Senate,and I expect McConnell to DENY many of Biden's nominees, so Biden will finish with Repug/oligarchy Exec branch.

The Dem establishment will continue neoliberal, anti-Labor, war-mongering, drone-assassinating obedience to BigDonor class, the MIC, BigFianance.

"Who You Gonna Call"?

America ed and un able.

Watch the Dems it up and lose the House in 2022 (they won't care)
    They're going to lose the house regardless. Midterms are always bad for in bents. Probably won't be as bad as the 2006 blood bath after Obamacare but still

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're going to lose the house regardless. Midterms are always bad for in bents. Probably won't be as bad as the 2006 blood bath after Obamacare but still
    What makes you think that? Making political predictions based on 40 year old trends is no longer viable.

Trump was also supposed to win because he was an in bent who hadn't lost in over 30 years.

Thread Information