Page 60 of 121 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3020
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breaking: In Federal Case in Pennsylvania, Trump Campaign Seeks Very Limited Emergency Remedy in Third Circuit, and Does Not Ask for a Delay in Certification

In a new filing in the Third Circuit (that should appear on the docket tomorrow), the Trump campaign did not ask for the appeals court to issue an immediate order delaying certification, which is what I expected.

They do not even ask for an immediate order reversing the trial court’s motion to dismiss and granting some kind of preliminary relief for additional discovery. Instead, the only ask, at least so far, is for an order for the district to consider on the merits the campaign’s proposed Second Amended complaint: “Appellants will request that this Court reverse denial of the Motion to Amend and direct the District Court to promptly decide it on the merits and proceed expeditiously to a hearing to enjoin certifying the results of the Presidential Election (or order decertification if already certified) if the Second Amended Complaint (ECF 172-2) is held to state valid claims.”

This is odd for a number of reasons. First, this is an emergency election case, and it seems crazy to me that if one were litigating over the presidential election one would NOT seek to get appellate review of an adverse ruling as soon as possible. Second, all that this asks for is for the district court to consider the proposed second amended complaint on the merits. Given the scathing ruling on the first amended complaint yesterday, and the similar defects with the second amended complaint (including lack of standing), there’s no reason to expect the district court would reach any different conclusion if it considered the second amended complaint. This is especially true given the deference usually applied to decisions about accepting a second amended complaint. Third, the motion does not even ask the Third Circuit to weigh in on the controlling legal case that was just decided last week by the circuit, something which is potentially the whole ball game on standing in the case.

There are other problems with this filing too, such as the odd claim that “The proposed Second Amended Complaint (ECF 172-2) asserts claims under the Civil Rights Act for violation of the Equal Protection and Due Process clause.” Those clauses are in the U.S. Cons ution’s 14th Amendment, not the Civil Rights Act.

Just bizarre and weak.

https://electionlawblog.org/?p=118980
    [cue circus music]

A fitting end to a clownish presidency.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breaking: In Federal Case in Pennsylvania, Trump Campaign Seeks Very Limited Emergency Remedy in Third Circuit, and Does Not Ask for a Delay in Certification

In a new filing in the Third Circuit (that should appear on the docket tomorrow), the Trump campaign did not ask for the appeals court to issue an immediate order delaying certification, which is what I expected.

They do not even ask for an immediate order reversing the trial court’s motion to dismiss and granting some kind of preliminary relief for additional discovery. Instead, the only ask, at least so far, is for an order for the district to consider on the merits the campaign’s proposed Second Amended complaint: “Appellants will request that this Court reverse denial of the Motion to Amend and direct the District Court to promptly decide it on the merits and proceed expeditiously to a hearing to enjoin certifying the results of the Presidential Election (or order decertification if already certified) if the Second Amended Complaint (ECF 172-2) is held to state valid claims.”

This is odd for a number of reasons. First, this is an emergency election case, and it seems crazy to me that if one were litigating over the presidential election one would NOT seek to get appellate review of an adverse ruling as soon as possible. Second, all that this asks for is for the district court to consider the proposed second amended complaint on the merits. Given the scathing ruling on the first amended complaint yesterday, and the similar defects with the second amended complaint (including lack of standing), there’s no reason to expect the district court would reach any different conclusion if it considered the second amended complaint. This is especially true given the deference usually applied to decisions about accepting a second amended complaint. Third, the motion does not even ask the Third Circuit to weigh in on the controlling legal case that was just decided last week by the circuit, something which is potentially the whole ball game on standing in the case.

There are other problems with this filing too, such as the odd claim that “The proposed Second Amended Complaint (ECF 172-2) asserts claims under the Civil Rights Act for violation of the Equal Protection and Due Process clause.” Those clauses are in the U.S. Cons ution’s 14th Amendment, not the Civil Rights Act.

Just bizarre and weak.

https://electionlawblog.org/?p=118980
    This is just all for appearances. Trump and the red team pundits get to keep telling the magats that they're on the way to the Supreme Court, and when the appellate court doesn't do anything of significance (which legal superteam Trump never asked them to) they get to be part of the conspiracy narrative too.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sealing the deal on the worst president ever.

Scary thought:

72 million people will take a look back and say, “yeah, I voted for a wanna be dictator”
    And you follow that up with, we tried to manipulate democratic elections, it almost worked.
    The party of true patriots... make America suck and if we can’t do that, attempt to burn it down

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just all for appearances. Trump and the red team pundits get to keep telling the magats that they're on the way to the Supreme Court, and when the appellate court doesn't do anything of significance (which legal superteam Trump never asked them to) they get to be part of the conspiracy narrative too.
    It's theatre for the rubes. They're claiming to fight battles in public that they have no intention of fighting in court, and there's no disincentive for the open and purposeful lying. Jim Jones has his flock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has qhris finally realized all that tick tocking is the clock counting down on Trump's presidency?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tick tock

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tick tock

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tick tock
    DAMN YOU HUGO CHAVEZ!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No she can’t you ing idiot. That was her client till she got fired. Lawyers can’t go rogue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the thread where the Kraken is going to be released and the boom dropped?

Chris and Spurt keep telling me the clock is ticking and that Trump will win. But I can’t seem to find the boom and kraken in any of these threads

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Charles Spies" getting wrecked by Van Langevelde.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even this tiny W was reversed by the PA supreme court

so as of now, the only success in court has been reducing the time to cure certain ballots from 9 to 6 days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    live stream of michigan board of state canvassers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zoom parade of white male grievance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy currently on arguing over 300k voters are ineligible to vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Ethernet connections

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conspiracy theorist on sight.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Zoom parade of white male grievance.
    And straight. The horror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And straight. The horror.
    That's not what's horrible. It's their incessant whining while simultaneously trying to be condescending about Microsoft certifications, etc.

Shameful, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the appeals court allowing the campaign to file a motion is a "win" now... how the mighty have fallen, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the appeals court allowing the campaign to file a motion is a "win" now... how the mighty have fallen, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [copium frog]

Thread Information