My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Work begins on 'Mammoth' plant that will pull carbon dioxide out of the air (msn.com)

While the truly powerful nations continue to jack off and do nothing, or worse yet contribute even more destruction (Repugs)....

Will this plant do any good or....too late?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly too late. We also have to have these giant corps stop doing what they're still doing now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 6,000 tonnes per year

Occidental Petroleum is going to dwarf them
    https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...ts-2022-03-23/

The proposed facility, the world's largest direct air capture (DAC) project, is set to begin construction in the second half of this year in the Permian basin, the largest U.S. oilfield, with a start in 2024.

Occidental's first DAC facility has a goal of removing 1 million tonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere per year - 100 times bigger than all 19 DAC plants currently operating worldwide combined, according to the International Energy Agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nature already makes these. They are called forests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More so, the oceans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh then no problems here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oxy plans another one

https://www.energyintel.com/00000187...f-dfcbc2eb0000

Should see more and more of these from big oil after Biden passed the Manchin Act. Big oil can make profit putting CO2 into the air and then get tax payer money to take it out. That's a pretty good deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US awards $1.2 billion to carbon air capture hubs by Oxy, Climeworks
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...ks/ar-AA1f9rjg

Ole Joe is picking up the tab for Oxy's DACC facility so they can keep using all that free cash flow to buyback shares

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^This is the apex of drunk boomer internet posting.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think he knocked you for a loop and it took you over a year to get yourself up offin' the canvas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for his drunk boomer pearl of wisdom: we are all going to die anyways.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reduce CO2 production first. Dont let it get into the air to begin with via industry etc...
    Also reduce deforestation and building on productive shore environment.
    The biggest problem with natural take up of CO2 is that as the oceans warm, they hold less CO2. Also the phytoplankton that use massive amount of CO2 in photosynthesis are a bit out of wack.
    Red team wont tell developers to do though. So the red team has already shunned the natural uptake route I guess.

These are the drill and burn boys. Dont expect much.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-11-2023 at 08:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reduce CO2 production first. Dont let it get into the air to begin with via industry etc...
    The biggest problem with natural take up of CO2 is that as the oceans warm, they hold less CO2. Also the phytoplankton that use massive amount of CO2 in photosynthesis are a bit out of wack.
    Red team wont tell developers to do though. So the red team has already shunned the natural uptake route I guess.

You climate re s are so ing insufferable. Until both of the 2 leading countries, China & India, stop producing 90% of all carbon dioxide output nothing will get done except stifling innovation in the energy sector and elsewhere here in the USA.

Cry more about the one country, I'm sure there's a bit more so don't get your panties in a wad, who has done one of the best jobs in reducing carbon dioxide output.

For Christs sake you dumb climate re s look up to a teenager!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Joey gives a

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How an Oil Giant Took Control of Biden's Billion-Dollar Bet on Carbon Capture
    https://financialpost.com/pmn/busine...8e50af5c5/amp/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reducing emissions which means reducing 40 gigatons produced every year is always admirable but it's not going to happen worldwide

And 40 more giga tons added this year is only a small blip of the geigatons already in the atmosphere dating back to the middle of the 19th century and which will be there for hundreds of years

Reducing emissions tonight to zero across the planet will not affect AGW which is and will continue to be caused by 2500 gigatons of CO2 now up there

The planet and modern civilization is basically f***** by AGW and there is no solution

The oil and gas industries worldwide receive over a trillion dollars in tax breaks and subsidies every year, and they use those hundreds of millions to block AGW reduction projects

Destroying the planet for modern civilization is extremely profitable and really unstoppable

Thread Information