Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah Seacucks are a 1st round exit, that defense is terrible
    and yet all 3 of their losses have been caused by massive amounts of turnovers by RW. Defense wasn't great yesterday for example but they did enough to win the game.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    and yet all 3 of their losses have been caused by massive amounts of turnovers by RW. Defense wasn't great yesterday for example but they did enough to win the game.
    Yeah turnovers are a big factor but even without that their D is still shaky

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    so protected

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah turnovers are a big factor but even without that their D is still shaky
    And the problem isn't talent, in terms of talent I would rank their defense top 10 and arguably bottom of the top 5.

The problem is their defensive coordination sucks, Norton needs to get the axe and Carroll's vanilla scheme in general has long been figured out by the league for about 4-5 years now. It was the next big thing of defensive football just like the RPO on offense (or the read option in 2012) but now it's kind of been sunsetted as ineffective. You need bona fide superstars across your secondary to make it even work mildly well, and while the Seahawks have some, not as many as the early-mid 2010s, it's clear that the main problem is coaching, and the way the players are used... exhibit A is Jamal Adams.

Adams is a superstar but he's also a bit of a gambler in the Seattle scheme. A roamer. Kam Chancellor in the Kris Richard/Dan Quinn days was built similar to Adams but less athletic, but he was also committed to playing very solidly vs. gambling for the splash plays, i.e. blitzing when he's not supposed to... they need a real DC who will but the clamps on that. Look at how Spagnuolo completely transformed that Chiefs defense which was 2020 Seattle-bad in 2018.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    And the problem isn't talent, in terms of talent I would rank their defense top 10 and arguably bottom of the top 5.

The problem is their defensive coordination sucks, Norton needs to get the axe and Carroll's vanilla scheme in general has long been figured out by the league for about 4-5 years now. It was the next big thing of defensive football just like the RPO on offense (or the read option in 2012) but now it's kind of been sunsetted as ineffective. You need bona fide superstars across your secondary to make it even work mildly well, and while the Seahawks have some, not as many as the early-mid 2010s, it's clear that the main problem is coaching, and the way the players are used... exhibit A is Jamal Adams.

Adams is a superstar but he's also a bit of a gambler in the Seattle scheme. A roamer. Kam Chancellor in the Kris Richard/Dan Quinn days was built similar to Adams but less athletic, but he was also committed to playing very solidly vs. gambling for the splash plays, i.e. blitzing when he's not supposed to... they need a real DC who will but the clamps on that. Look at how Spagnuolo completely transformed that Chiefs defense which was 2020 Seattle-bad in 2018.
    Agreed

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    so protected

It was a legal hit but its sounding like it ended his season and career. Schefter just tweeted that he has fractured ribs and collapsed lung.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    so protected

His o line shouldve held that dude. They don't know their QB is like 50 years old, that's their bad. Josh Allen would have taken that hit, got back up, and thrown a bomb down the sideline next play.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It was a legal hit but its sounding like it ended his season and career. Schefter just tweeted that he has fractured ribs and collapsed lung.
    He had a good career. Champion. Good guy. Set lots of records. From Austin Westlake too (forgot who else came from there after him). Way overachieved given his stature at QB.

It was a totally clean hit. Football is not for 50 year olds, tbh

Sean Payton knew this day was coming, and the FO was right to grab Winston. He will be just fine if they can protect him. I hope he can send 10-15 targets a game to Michael Thomas soon....

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It's because my wife delivered our daughter today.

But I did get to see ending of the game in Phoenix. Just wanted to say...

Buffalo
    Trash Allen
    trash defense
    pathetic, putrid ass franchise
    rancid, pathetic small town that will never win anything
    Tim Hortons Donuts guzzlers
    Sean McDumbass
    people who thought Trash Allen was good
    Grats, dude

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    He had a good career. Champion. Good guy. Set lots of records. From Austin Westlake too (forgot who else came from there after him). Way overachieved given his stature at QB.

It was a totally clean hit. Football is not for 50 year olds, tbh

Sean Payton knew this day was coming, and the FO was right to grab Winston. He will be just fine if they can protect him. I hope he can send 10-15 targets a game to Michael Thomas soon....
    Nick Foles came from there too.

Just read article that Brees actually already had cracked ribs during the Tampa game. He torched Tampa's D with fractured ribs

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    according to rotoworld he was already wearing a flack jacket before the game so its likely he already had some significant injury to the chest area.

they havent put him in IR yet for what thats worth

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    according to rotoworld he was already wearing a flack jacket before the game so its likely he already had some significant injury to the chest area.

they havent put him in IR yet for what thats worth
    I think 4 weeks would be best case scenario. That would be a return for the Chiefs game on 12/20.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think 4 weeks would be best case scenario. That would be a return for the Chiefs game on 12/20.
    It's too bad that he didn't already been Green Gay if they had given him the chance instead of Taysom Hill, and also too bad that the Saints' next 3 games aren't 2 against the Jets (yeah I know lol) and 1 against Jacksonville. I need the Jets to win two and the Jags to win once.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jacksonville was nip and tuck with Green Gay at Lambeau, so I'm fairly confident they'll win at least another couple games.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Godgers living in your head
    Rent free

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I be trying to figure out how both Bears and Vikings can lose

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Damn

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    wish that Ricardo Lockette thing had happened to Aaron Fraudgers, and no I don't mean the pick at the goal line

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Rent free

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    The playcalling for the Bears keeps being pathetic. Run, run, third and long. They would be better off just taking three shots downfield to see if they can connect on one.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The playcalling for the Bears keeps being pathetic. Run, run, third and long. They would be better off just taking three shots downfield to see if they can connect on one.
    Agreed. And every third and long play is four verticals. They don't even run comebacks and curls just past the sticks like a competent NFL offense.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I will never understand why it isn't an automatic call, for teams that are trying to run the clock off, to run a play action pass just before the 2 minutes warning.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Kirk Cousins is such a cringey doofus. The worst/best part is he probably was popular on school thanks to being a QB.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Agreed. And every third and long play is four verticals. They don't even run comebacks and curls just past the sticks like a competent NFL offense.
    Run on second down and a screen pass on 3rd down when you need a TD on the final drive of the game.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Foles just wants to be put out of his misery.

Thread Information