Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    conservative friends my own age have by and large been the same (not including random s who i tangentially know but see on social media)

its the older ones, particularly relatives (who digest fox daily) that are still all aboard the "stolen election... trump will still win" train
    We used to share a common set of facts, and people could make their own minds up.

Problem for conservatives is that facts and reality tend to have a liberal bias, because conservatives reject science and evidence more.

So the solution for the propagandists was pretty simple. Create new facts, truth be damned.

Hence,

Parler

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really arguing against anything, just pointing out a certain pattern.
    Of course

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, no one ever pushed an app so that they could hide from reality, and not have to face (gasp) fact checking. smh
    fact checking is literally just authoritarian overreach so who's fact checking the fact checkers?

either way, the right are damned if they do and damned if they don't right? the left says, "build your own platform" and then turns around and laughs, criticizes, and ridicules the right for doing so. as well, when the right does create their own platforms the left tries to deplatform them from app stores, isp's, and the like.

so what's the answer then RG? concentration camps and subsequent numbers tattooed on the right's forearms? a star sewn on their garments? or just the gas chambers in the end?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    We used to share a common set of facts, and people could make their own minds up.

Problem for conservatives is that facts and reality tend to have a liberal bias, because conservatives reject science and evidence more.

So the solution for the propagandists was pretty simple. Create new facts, truth be damned.

Hence,

Parler
    We both agree media is full of . Mainstream and especially social media.

Now consider both outlets are majority Left. That means people are encountering more Left BS. Not saying the Left are bigger liars just that their lies have a bigger voice. That is why many people are skeptical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fact checking is literally just authoritarian overreach
    Since when is fact checking "authoritarian overreach"?

Seems like you are arguing for the ability to lie without consequence.

Should anyone be able to lie about anything at any time, and not have anyone attempt to see if that lie was true or not?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fact checking is literally just authoritarian overreach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We both agree media is full of . Mainstream and especially social media.

Now consider both outlets are majority Left. That means people are encountering more Left BS. Not saying the Left are bigger liars just that their lies have a bigger voice. That is why many people are skeptical.
    Nah. Most media, especially mainstream media, tend to be a lot more careful with the facts than you have been fooled into believing.

The problem is that the right wing elites who dictate the propaganda you read have every motive to claim otherwise.

Do you not understand that the people with the most motive to get you to distrust "the media" and only believe them, are the ones screaming loudest how untrustworthy "the media" is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

either way, the right are damned if they do and damned if they don't right?
    All the right has to do, is make its case without lying.

The core of modern conservatism is dishonesty.

So therefore, the right wing elites wage war on truth, and they give their orders to the propaganda machine to get people like you to fall in line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the right has to do, is make its case without lying.

The core of modern conservatism is dishonesty.

So therefore, the right wing elites wage war on truth, and they give their orders to the propaganda machine to get people like you to fall in line.
    you're kidding right? where were the fact checkers for 3+ yrs of russiagate propaganda? the left has no moral compass and their lies fly in the face of facts because well feelings... it's clear as day yet you claim otherwise.

as well, linking to articles from cnn about nothing to do with a the tweet censored isn't "fact checking" but instead pushing an agenda/opinion/pol ideology.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nah. Most media, especially mainstream media, tend to be a lot more careful with the facts than you have been fooled into believing.

The problem is that the right wing elites who dictate the propaganda you read have every motive to claim otherwise.

Do you not understand that the people with the most motive to get you to distrust "the media" and only believe them, are the ones screaming loudest how untrustworthy "the media" is?
    I am speaking about the countless "unnamed sources", according to, allegedly, stories. The incredibly petty stories about Trump to fill a 24/7 news cycle. Even daytime and nighttime television accepted this role. The nonstop articles Boutans finds and posts here.

Most Americans turn it off just like they do Trump's tweets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like you are arguing for the ability to lie without consequence.
    again, you don't argue against it when it comes to the left and the propaganda they've pushed for years if not decades now. team sports is where we're at when it comes to politics.

3+ yrs of russiagate and not one of those lefties who perjured themselves on the hill, lied on capitol hill and in its halls, or ran with blatant lies on nat'l tv to subvert our republic have been held accountable. accountability isn't what you seek unless it's against those you see as your party's opposition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're kidding right? where were the fact checkers for 3+ yrs of russiagate propaganda? the left has no moral compass and their lies fly in the face of facts because well feelings... it's clear as day yet you claim otherwise.

as well, linking to articles from cnn about nothing to do with a the tweet censored isn't "fact checking" but instead pushing an agenda/opinion/pol ideology.
    what was there to fact check?

there was an ongoing federal investigation, and they reported on the developments on the investigations. absent opinion pieces, you werent seeing journalists confirm collusion, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

there was an ongoing federal investigation, and they reported on the developments on the investigations. absent opinion pieces, you werent seeing journalists confirm collusion, etc.
    and still russiagate is pushed and has been pushed even up and after nov 3, 2020. still don't want to face the truth of the matter and that's fine but coming from a lawyer it's quite worrisome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am speaking about the countless "unnamed sources", according to, allegedly, stories. The incredibly petty stories about Trump to fill a 24/7 news cycle. Even daytime and nighttime television accepted this role. The nonstop articles Boutans finds and posts here.

Most Americans turn it off just like they do Trump's tweets.
    So basically like the stuff you're posting about "election fraud" these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

as well, biden isn't the pres-elect rn yet yall are pushing that here and others pushing it world wide. where's the fact checkers at?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    again, you don't argue against it when it comes to the left and the propaganda they've pushed for years if not decades now. team sports is where we're at when it comes to politics.

3+ yrs of russiagate and not one of those lefties who perjured themselves on the hill, lied on capitol hill and in its halls, or ran with blatant lies on nat'l tv to subvert our republic have been held accountable. accountability isn't what you seek unless it's against those you see as your party's opposition.
    Hey Joey, remember when trump said the media wouldn’t even talk about covid 45 after November 3rd?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So basically like the stuff you're posting about "election fraud" these days.
    Correct. Now multiple that by X amount to represent the number of Left outlets in this country.

It makes people in the middle start to question if Trump is nearly a scapegoat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as well, biden isn't the pres-elect rn yet yall are pushing that here and others pushing it world wide. where's the fact checkers at?
    roflmao ST /pol sub has global influence now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Joey, remember when trump said the media wouldn’t even talk about covid 45 after November 3rd?
    they didn't for a while because they were too busy pushing the lie that biden is pres-elect from his fake office of pres-elect. remember that huge lie that is still ongoing clam?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its been common practice to call people president elect even on election night when appropriate. trump was called the president elect on nov 8, wasn't he? nobody whined about it back then. or barry in 08/12.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    they didn't for a while because they were too busy pushing the lie that biden is pres-elect from his fake office of pres-elect. remember that huge lie that is still ongoing clam?
    Joey thinks that is a huge lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    roflmao ST /pol sub has global influence now
    you obviously are in the dark... it doesn't look good for trump however it doesn't take away from the fact that i am telling the truth. mid dec isn't even here yet but we got a "pres-elect"?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Joey thinks the election was rigged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its been common practice to call people president elect even on election night when appropriate. trump was called the president elect on nov 8, wasn't he? nobody whined about it back then. or barry in 08/12.
    did trump concede? hillary did... maybe that had a play in nov 8, 2016?

gore thought he was pres-elect too but... 36 days later said kick rocks.

Joey thinks that is a huge lie.
    regardless of whether or not you think it's a joke; it's the truth. you can keep on keeping on but it doesn't change the fact that biden is not the pres-elect rn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct. Now multiple that by X amount to represent the number of Left outlets in this country.
    Then multiply that by X amount to represent the number of rubes like you + the number of Right outlets in this country.

50 million rubes alone.

Thread Information