Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    how much would the lakers be able to sign demar for? maybe demar opts out and gives a big hometown discount to the lakers...

spurs really don't have much leverage unless the lakers need it to be a s&t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much would the lakers be able to sign demar for? maybe demar opts out and gives a big hometown discount to the lakers...

spurs really don't have much leverage unless the lakers need it to be a s&t.
    MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The are y’all talking about? The Lakers don’t have cap space. He can’t just opt out and sign with any team. It has to be a sign & trade unless he wants to go to Charlotte or the Knicks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The are y’all talking about? The Lakers don’t have cap space. He can’t just opt out and sign with any team. It has to be a sign & trade unless he wants to go to Charlotte or the Knicks
    Lakers as an over the cap team would get the MLE. I dont think they paid lux tax last year so the have the full mle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that. But even if you add KCP, the salaries don’t line up (Not to mention, gross, I don’t want KCP).

I suppose the other scenario is a sign-and-trade where DDR signs a multiyear deal starting at a lower figure.
    The salaries match almost perfectly, Green, KCP, and Kuzma make a combined $27.2 million while DDR makes $27.7. add in the 28th pick and that's a trade that the Spurs might do.

The Spurs could simply waive KCP or insist on a third team to take on Green and KCP while giving them another pick. Dallas might be an option. They really want Green apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers as an over the cap team would get the MLE. I dont think they paid lux tax last year so the have the full mle.
    yeah and DeFrozan would never sign a MLE deal, everybody knows that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not ideal. But DDR can just opt out, so limits leverage. Hope is LAL would also include a pick.
    If opts out it’s doubtful he ends up in LA however.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way in is Pop doing a deal with the Flakers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just read that the Hawks and Raptors are also interested in pursuing him if he opts in. The Lakers supposedly don't want to include Kyle Kuzma in a deal without us giving up Derrick White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just read that the Hawks and Raptors are also interested in pursuing him if he opts in. The Lakers supposedly don't want to include Kyle Kuzma in a deal without us giving up Derrick White.
    Lol that. Call their bluff on that . Spurs would be stupid to trade white unless it's for a star

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol that. Call their bluff on that . Spurs would be stupid to trade white unless it's for a star
    Yeah, the Lakers are really trying to screw us in that trade.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Verdad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if i were the lakers then it's an offer i would feel comfortable making.
    Exactly....its a joke for the Spurs though

Why should we be stuck with Green, whilst also giving them what they want?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly....its a joke for the Spurs though

Why should we be stuck with Green, whilst also giving them what they want?
    The Spurs probably wouldn't keep Green. If a trade were to happen, there would probably be a third team involved to take on Green and give us a pick back, on top of the pick the Lakers would probably have to give up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The salaries match almost perfectly, Green, KCP, and Kuzma make a combined $27.2 million while DDR makes $27.7. add in the 28th pick and that's a trade that the Spurs might do.

The Spurs could simply waive KCP or insist on a third team to take on Green and KCP while giving them another pick. Dallas might be an option. They really want Green apparently.
    Not quite, at least per shams (those 3 closer to 24m). But all academic since DDR’s next multiyear salary would likely start lower (maybe a lot lower) than the last year of his current deal. In fact, I can see the first year of his next deal starting below 20m

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol if the White thing is true. If they really like Kuzma that much just go get him the following year in free agency, lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so hard to tell if the Lakers are good at GM now, or are as stupid as always. They spent 7 years out of the playoffs and had to get brons lame ass to save them.

They were always trying to sell high on their trash and new orleans were forced into taking the package after Davis pulled a Kawhi and forced himself out.

They seem willing to be the bad team that screws the league rather than a savvy team that pull it's punches. LA needs derozan more than they need the 28 pick. Kuzma is a fan favorite but that doesn't inflate his value to us or anyone else. It's delusion, or power.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol if the White thing is true. If they really like Kuzma that much just go get him the following year in free agency, lol
    Facts!! That deal with the Hawks sounds much better. I wonder what the Raptors would be willing to give us for DeMar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then we should ask them to get lost. Their current offer is not interesting enough for DDR, not to mention adding White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors better give us OG for Derozan as a thank you gift for giving them Leonard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then we should ask them to get lost. Their current offer is not interesting enough for DDR, not to mention adding White.
    Agree 100%!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not quite, at least per shams (those 3 closer to 24m). But all academic since DDR’s next multiyear salary would likely start lower (maybe a lot lower) than the last year of his current deal. In fact, I can see the first year of his next deal starting below 20m
    Are you referring to a sign and trade as opposed to an actual trade?

I've checked two sources and the $27.2 million dollar figure is correct. Also, the money doesn't have to match dollar for dollar. Even if it was $24 million in combined salary, that's enough for the Lakers to bring back $36 million in salary.

I've been operating under the assumption that he'd opt in and then get moved. He could opt out and the Lakers could work out an S&T with the Spurs for around 3 years $60 million for Green, Kuzma and the 28th pick (which the Lakers would have to select on the behalf of the Spurs before the deal could officially be completed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This would pretty much kill the DDR to Lakers rumor, if true.

OKC trying to draft an entirely new team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams just reported the Lakers are goin got trade their draft pick this season for Dennis Schroeder.

edit.

the post above beat me to the punch. Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read it's already a done deal basically just waiting for the official time to make the trade. So our deal with LAL is probably dead

Thread Information