Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont think this was ever really a deal. did not like it either.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read it's already a done deal basically just waiting for the official time to make the trade. So our deal with LAL is probably dead
    not surprised, schroeder fits better and they keep kuz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read it's already a done deal basically just waiting for the official time to make the trade. So our deal with LAL is probably dead
    If there ever was one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny or KCP gotta be going to OKC. Schroder salary is 15M. Probably Danny going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny or KCP gotta be going to OKC. Schroder salary is 15M. Probably Danny going.
    Yeah, Danny is rumored to be apart of the trade for salary purposes. I could definitely see him either staying to mentor the young wing group, although Roberson is still there & can do the same, or being traded prior or during the season to a contender.

Maybe Toronto since they might waive Terence Davis & could lose VanVleet's ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, it's going to be disappointing if the Spurs don't get that Laker draft pick. Interesting choice for them, though. Schroder is 6'1", less expensive than DeRozan, and just had his best 3pt shooting season ever. If they can grab him without losing Kuzma, they probably do that.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shams posted on twitter that lal and okc have agreement in principle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This would pretty much kill the DDR to Lakers rumor, if true.

OKC trying to draft an entirely new team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never really bought this anyway and the Lakers just made a superior trade. Schroder is 4 years younger, significantly cheaper and a better fit than DeRozan. He also didn't cost them Kuzma (more useful to them than the 28th pick is likely to be, at least short term).

DeRozan is no one's first choice. He's a fallback for a regime under fire that can't acquire a real star and is desperate to generate a semblance of publicity and graduate to mediocre to placate ownership/casuals.

The Lakers weren't giving up Kuzma and the Hawks won't be giving up Reddish or any of their youth. If that one comes to pass, it'll be DeRozan and 11 for 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan could very well opt out before Thursday and leave the Spurs with nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan could very well opt out before Thursday and leave the Spurs with nothing.
    I wouldn't be surprised.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan could very well opt out before Thursday and leave the Spurs with nothing... except cap room.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not much cap room. Think they would still have MLE. They would be below cap but not by a whole lot especially when you figure in Potels hold. The would be at 93 mil with him out and lyles and Metu in. it is hard to find if Zeller actually has a contract for this next year or not. Potel is another 5 so that is 98. we would end up about 12 but have 5-6 spots to fill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a win win if he walks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not much cap room. Think they would still have MLE. They would be below cap but not by a whole lot especially when you figure in Potels hold. The would be at 93 mil with him out and lyles and Metu in. it is hard to find if Zeller actually has a contract for this next year or not. Potel is another 5 so that is 98. we would end up about 12 but have 5-6 spots to fill.
    Yeah we have to give poeltl 12 mil or resign Bryn to use the full MLE, or else we only have access to the room exception at 4+ mil. The sweet spot to be is just below the tax after the MLE.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we have to give poeltl 12 mil or resign Bryn to use the full MLE, or else we only have access to the room exception at 4+ mil. The sweet spot to be is just below the tax after the MLE.
    If below the cap you can opt to not have space and use the MLE. You would not have to sign someone to do it. Each spot open also counts some towards it until someone is signed. I dont know how 2 way players will count this year or if we even get them. If we dont then we get 3-4 spots to fill.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If below the cap you can opt to not have space and use the MLE. You would not have to sign someone to do it. Each spot open also counts some towards it until someone is signed. I dont know how 2 way players will count this year or if we even get them. If we dont then we get 3-4 spots to fill.
    Yeah you are right, the roster spots and poeltl cap hold would take us above the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 time champion Danny Green would instantly give this team the credibility it needs again.
    He's better than Demar DeRozan, that's for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then im calling all teams looking to dump salary to see what assets I can get. Like what would the Kings cough up to dump Harrison Barnes on SAS?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's better than Demar DeRozan, that's for sure.

I was always a Green fan, but have you guys forgotten what happened any time Danny had to put the ball on the floor? It's worse than the heartbreak of psoriasis. I almost had to look away from the TV any time I saw him lower his head.

Or have you forgotten what happens when his 3 gets contested? 2013 Finals? "It still hurts"? Ring any bells? Danny was on an epic 3P run in the playoffs - then they came out and challenged him and he went 2-11 in the last two games.

Danny plays D a lot better than DeRozan. But on the other end, he needs to be on a team with guys who bend the defense and get him open looks. Without that, he's just an -and-D player. You can't compare him and DDR, because they're totally different animals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was always a Green fan, but have you guys forgotten what happened any time Danny had to put the ball on the floor? It's worse than the heartbreak of psoriasis. I almost had to look away from the TV any time I saw him lower his head.
    this, mother ers... some of you have such short memory, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or have you forgotten what happens when his 3 gets contested? 2013 Finals? "It still hurts"? Ring any bells? Danny was on an epic 3P run in the playoffs - then they came out and challenged him and he went 2-11 in the last two games.

Danny plays D a lot better than DeRozan. But on the other end, he needs to be on a team with guys who bend the defense and get him open looks. Without that, he's just an -and-D player. You can't compare him and DDR, because they're totally different animals.
    Bro Danny misses his 3s even when he's wide open. That's why the Lakers just traded him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro Danny misses his 3s even when he's wide open. That's why the Lakers just traded him
    At least Danny can sink threes. Demar DeRozan has a terrible shot, he always has and always will. He's 30, and is an outdated relic of the early 2000's.

Thread Information