My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He exposed now that Touchdown Tommy gone

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    He exposed now that Touchdown Tommy gone
    The Pats wouldn't be doing any better out there with Tom instead of Cam, tbh. Brady did pretty mediocre with them last season and the only reason they won so many games was the defense, which has been decimated with Covid and injuries this season. If anything, Cam's mobility probably allows the Patriots to move the ball a bit more than with Brady, tbh. Imagine the absolute lack of weapons they have (even worse than last year), paired with a stiff QB that doesn't give you any kind of versatility on offense. They would be absolute with the crap ass defense they have right now. Cam and the read option at least keeps them in games by moving the ball and taking time off the clock.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The Pats wouldn't be doing any better out there with Tom instead of Cam, tbh. Brady did pretty mediocre with them last season and the only reason they won so many games was the defense, which has been decimated with Covid and injuries this season. If anything, Cam's mobility probably allows the Patriots to move the ball a bit more than with Brady, tbh. Imagine the absolute lack of weapons they have (even worse than last year), paired with a stiff QB that doesn't give you any kind of versatility on offense. They would be absolute with the crap ass defense they have right now. Cam and the read option at least keeps them in games by moving the ball and taking time off the clock.
    Exactly

So the roster is complete and even with their quarterbacks making minimum wage they have cap issues. Sounds like a of a GM job he done last few years

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    So the roster is complete and even with their quarterbacks making minimum wage they have cap issues. Sounds like a of a GM job he done last few years
    What does anything you said have anything to do with what I wrote?

What does anything you said have anything to do with what I wrote?
    The thread is about him as a GM and his drafts and youre pointing out how bad the roster in his defense

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    The thread is about him as a GM and his drafts and youre pointing out how bad the roster in his defense
    At no point in time was I defending Belichick, tbh . I was just answering to a guy that said that he is getting exposed without Brady. With or without Brady, the Patriots would be equally ty right now.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    If I wanted to defend him I would point out that the roster would be significantly better (specially on defense) without all those guys pulling out before the season because of covid, tbh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    DAF is a Peyton Manning stan who desperately clings to the narrative that Brady would be a pile of garbage without Belichick.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    DAF is a Peyton Manning stan who desperately clings to the narrative that Brady would be a pile of garbage without Belichick.
    Not a Manning fan, nor did I ever say that, tbh.

Also, do you think the Pats would be doing much better right now by just inserting Brady in place of Cam?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Not a Manning fan, nor did I ever say that, tbh.

Also, do you think the Pats would be doing much better right now by just inserting Brady in place of Cam?
    anyone who still thinks Manning > Brady is a Manning stan

Yes I think they’d be doing better. Certainly wouldn’t be doing worse. Either way Belichick has assembled a ing dreadful roster than can’t win without elite QB play.

Who would the Bucs be doing better with - Newton or Brady?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    anyone who still thinks Manning > Brady is a Manning stan
    I've never been a Manning Stan. In fact, in the beginning I used to root for the Colts to lose because that offense was too dominant. Then the Patriots became the team to hate so I hopped on that bandwagon.

And the Manning > Brady thing is relative. If you ask me who is the GOAT, I would be forced to say Brady because things played out the way they did. Do I think tables would have turned if they switched places? Absolutely. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger and probably some others. There's a handful of guys who likely would be seen as the GOAT right now if they were put in Brady's place. But since "what ifs" don't count, I have to keep it real and acknowledge the fact that Brady is the most accomplished player ever.

Yes I think they’d be doing better. Certainly wouldn’t be doing worse. Either way Belichick has assembled a ing dreadful roster than can’t win without elite QB play.

Who would the Bucs be doing better with - Newton or Brady?
    The Bucs are definitely better off with Brady than with Newton. That doesn't mean the Pats would be, though.

The Bucs have offensive weapons to spare, and a QB like Brady can make better use of such weapons than a QB like Newton. The Pats, however, have probably the worst recolection of offensive talent I can think of in the modern day. A mobile QB like Cam can make more out of that than a traditional, stiff, pocket passer like Brady, tbh.

Thread Information