Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current money is on Giannis going to Dallas as I read it. Think Brian Wildhorst has basically said if Gianni leaves Milwaukee his most likely landing spit is the Mavericks.
    I can see that. Luca, KP, and Giannis would be dangerous together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Atlanta ditching one of their young players for # 11, and working DeRozan into the deal to give the Spurs a giant trade exception as the price to get the deal done instead of signing DeRozan straight up

But I don't think Reddish would be that player. And I don't think for a second that Atlanta would give up # 6, that just doesn't make sense.

However, if Atlanta was willing, I think it would be fine.

The guy I want at 11 the most, Williams, likely won't be there anyway, and Reddish is quite promising with good size.

Still, seems bogus
    The only part of the trade that doesn't make sense in Reddish's inclusion. Minus that I think it's a good trade, I don't think it'll happen but one can hope.

-Atlanta trades back five spots to add a veteran that can help them make the playoffs. Its likely that they also aren't that interest in the players likely to be available at 6.

-Spurs trade up 9 spots and get the number 2 pick and clear out a lot of salary and minutes for the young players. They do have to take on Wiggins though.

-Warriors get off of Wiggins deal and add Aldridge while only trading back four spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about include Draymond in this deal that way Warriors get their cap to get Giannis and the Hawks get another solid player to push them into playoff contention?

Warriors get Aldridge, 6th

Spurs get Wiggins, 2nd, Warriors 2nd round pick

Hawks get DeRozan, Draymond

This one seems more fair, no?
    I don't think Atlanta would want Draymond. I think the original trade makes more sense/ seems more likely minus Reddish.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer the original formulation. Reddish is a better prospect then whatever late pick gets added instead. It’s about collecting as many lottery tickets as possible and hoping a few pan out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Kevin Love didn't have much of a trade market. Apparently, the Warriors have talked to the Cavs about trading for him:

https://cavaliersnation.com/2020/11/...f5FL7l2JP_vt1Y

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Atlanta would want Draymond. I think the original trade makes more sense/ seems more likely minus Reddish.
    I'd be more surprised if GSW was willing to move Dray.

He looked like dog last year, but we all know that he is a system player that didn't have his system around him. He's not the kind if player that is going to go out and lead a team himself.

If Steph and Klay come back healthy, they are still the core of the team that won 73 games...AND they have the #2 pick to play with.
    Last edited by Dex; 11-16-2020 at 11:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is close to the TOP of his ceiling if not at it

Walker Ceiling>Whites Ceiling... its a No-brainer Trade......If you can get what has been offered for him as long as you have LWIV under contract a ROOKIE DEAL and Bird Rights.....

LULZ spurs talk eyetesters and their "untouchables"......
    Walker may never even get close to his ceiling tbh, and we already have White who can play at an elite level with the proper mindset. I wouldn't trade either right now, however, unless a good deal came along.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Looking over the Warriors subreddit... Warriors fans ing hate the idea of taking on Aldridge lmao
    They re ed then. Donkey ain't doing jack with AD. At least LMA can hit jumpers and have some size to deal with him.

I hope they don't do it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Don't do it RC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't do it RC
    Teague? wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't do it RC
    This is one of those bull sites.

My thing is, how do you find the time to dedicate yourself to spewing out bull like this site does??

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Teague is a free agent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things getting interesting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teague stayed with Atl instead of taking a buyout because he's looking for a S&T this off-season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of those bull sites.

My thing is, how do you find the time to dedicate yourself to spewing out bull like this site does??
    Clicks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't do it RC
    People worry me when they think this is a bad deal. I mean I don't want Teague and am pretty sure he's a free agent anyway. But getting Reddish and moving up for Toppin/Okongwu at the expense of some second-rounders? It'd be an obvious steal.

Murray, Mills
    Johnson, White
    Reddish, Walker
    Okongwu, Gay, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

That's a good team. It's not a contender or anything, but it has a clear path forward post-Aldridge and still has flexibility to gain more picks or try to improve to show a 21 free agent that the is worth signing on with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People worry me when they think this is a bad deal. I mean I don't want Teague and am pretty sure he's a free agent anyway. But getting Reddish and moving up for Toppin/Okongwu at the expense of some second-rounders? It'd be an obvious steal.

Murray, Mills
    Johnson, White
    Reddish, Walker
    Okongwu, Gay, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

That's a good team.
    It's a hack site but, the trade proposal makes a lot of sense and Teague himself makes sense as a backup PG if we move Murray or White in a separate trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray, Mills
    Johnson, White
    Reddish, Walker
    Okongwu, Gay, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

That's a good team. It's not a contender or anything, but it has a clear path forward post-Aldridge and still has flexibility to gain more picks or try to improve to show a 21 free agent that the is worth signing on with.
    Didn't know you were such a fan of Reddish. I and others have not been impressed with him so far but the potential is obvious.

The part I hate is swapping picks. I'm for any trade that doesn't involve giving up a first round pick although that isn't always realistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know you were such a fan of Reddish. I and others have not been impressed with him so far but the potential is obvious.

The part I hate is swapping picks. I'm for any trade that doesn't involve giving up a first round pick although that isn't always realistic.
    So are you saying that including the swap that gets SA up to 6 is a bad thing? Obviously 6 and Reddish is an overpay for DMDR.

EDIT: To add to this, I am not really a huge fan of Reddish. I'm a fan of the team adding chances of developing a star. Getting Reddish while improving their pick would be a huge win in a DeRozan trade, just like getting Culver and 17 would be a huge win in a Minny trade. It's getting to the point where the Spurs have to decide on Walker, White and Murray. Adding someone like Reddish or Culver to compete with those guys and Johnson means the Spurs can be pickier with whom they keep. Ideally, only two or three of those five (or six if the pick becomes another perimeter player) players should be in the long-term plans. They need to determine who those guys are so they can avoid overpaying for the others.
    Last edited by Chinook; 11-17-2020 at 10:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teague stayed with Atl instead of taking a buyout because he's looking for a S&T this off-season
    To entertain this, ATL could use their cap space on Hayward and then come back and trade Teague/Dedmon and Reddish to DMDR. That would probably give them a good enough core to be a playoff team going forward. If the Spurs are serious/able to trade Mills for Richardson, they could see Teague as a long-term fit to replace him (just as they might see Campazzo in that same light).

Murray, Teague,
    White, Johnson, Walker
    Richardson, Reddish, Woodard (41)
    Okongwu (6), Gay, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

Might be best to trade Walker or White for a future pick to clean up the rotation a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To entertain this, ATL could use their cap space on Hayward and then come back and trade Teague/Dedmon and Reddish to DMDR. That would probably give them a good enough core to be a playoff team going forward. If the Spurs are serious/able to trade Mills for Richardson, they could see Teague as a long-term fit to replace him (just as they might see Campazzo in that same light).

Murray, Teague,
    White, Johnson, Walker
    Richardson, Reddish, Woodard (41)
    Okongwu (6), Gay, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

Might be best to trade Walker or White for a future pick to clean up the rotation a bit.
    I'm normally picking up what you're putting down but I think you might have caught a case of trade-itis.

Most of that roster doesn't look good (to me) nor is it in anyway beneficial to have Walker third on the depth chart or Johnson on the bench. I doubt even if the Spurs eyed Okongwu, that he'd be the starting PF over Gay.

Teague is likely better than Murray. Lyles bring third off the bench doesn't take into account he was the starter for most of the season last year so undoubtedly Pop is higher on him than relegating him to trash time.

And trading White is weird. He might be the team's best PG and is the most consistent 3rd scoring option on most nights.

Maybe you trade Walker.

But I just think you're way off here with otion overload.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm normally picking up what you're putting down but I think you might have caught a case of trade-itis.

Most of that roster doesn't look good (to me) nor is it in anyway beneficial to have Walker third on the depth chart or Johnson on the bench. I doubt even if the Spurs eyed Okongwu, that he'd be the starting PF over Gay.

Teague is likely better than Murray. Lyles bring third off the bench doesn't take into account he was the starter for most of the season last year so undoubtedly Pop is higher on him than relegating him to trash time.

And trading White is weird. He might be the team's best PG and is the most consistent 3rd scoring option on most nights.

Maybe you trade Walker.

But I just think you're way off here with otion overload.
    Trading White to "clean up the rotation" is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't do it RC
    Get it done. I'm so tired of seeing this waste of space on our roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't do it RC
    I think the hawks would still do this w/o our #11 pick. Either way just get DDR off the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray, Mills
    Johnson, White
    Reddish, Walker
    Okongwu, Gay, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

Agree lol. Amazing deal

Thread Information