My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oops-- Quietest*

Collins is a great example of how the league has moved away from certain types of bigs. These numbers 15 years ago would make for MVP consideration, but the Hawks are concerned they'll have to overpay him.

https://hoopshabit.com/2020/06/16/at...ins-offseason/
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 11-15-2020 at 01:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amazing part is (if you’re one of the 6 people who ever have seen a Hawks game) how badly they use him too. They basically camp him out at the 3 point line for half the game and then get behind a bunch and realize like oh man we have this guy who’s pretty good, maybe we should use him. And they use him for like half a quarter and then send him back to the 3 point line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's interesting that they're nervous about giving Collins a max contract, but seemingly on board with offering one to Trae Young, who as a high usage rate, very bad 6'1" defender has his own set of issues. Honestly, I don't think either one deserves a max contract. If Collins was willing to accept something reasonable, he could play for a great team and really do some damage.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not taking anything away from Collins but it's easier to put up these type of numbers when you play for a horrible team and face no real pressure/expectation...Just my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not taking anything away from Collins but it's easier to put up these type of numbers when you play for a horrible team and face no real pressure/expectation...Just my opinion.
    Totally agree. Beware of big stats on terrible teams. But his efficiency is pretty incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shareff Abdul Rahim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shareff Abdul Rahim.
    Yeah, similar situation of big numbers on a losing team... but Collins' efficiency is much higher.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe so but no one cares about Hawks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe so but no one cares about Hawks
    A lot of people are watching now because Collins is in the last year of his contract.

Thread Information