Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better shooter than Rondo, but far inferior playmaker. He failed hard as a lead guard in ATL. Also, not much playoff pedigree.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I wish Presti was still with our FO. His selection of coaches confuses me, but he is great at making trades in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is 3 hours old...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where will danny end up?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockettes are absolutely ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good Lord

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't even get that many first round picks in NBA 2K.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockettes are absolutely ed
    People here have been singing Morey’s praises for a decade, but he’s a GM version of DeRozan, empty calories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said it before but those picks represent what the spurs could have gotten for Kawhi in a fair market so Kawhi again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here have been singing Morey’s praises for a decade, but he’s a GM version of DeRozan, empty calories.
    Hmm, I don't really agree. He has flaws, but has also put Houston in an extremely good situation for contention, and has managed to keep the team afloat through numerous runs (and numerous chokes that were out of his hands). The Rockettes were a CP hammy and an incredibly unlucky shooting streak (you can argue the system is flawed but that's not entirely on Morey either, but MDA) from defeating the greatest team of all time, and their roster building and playstyle have definitely shaped the development of the league and meta. If I'm a Rockettes fan () I can't ask for much more than what Morey has done, and Houston fans' response to his leaving has been unanimously in accordance.

Morey isn't to blame that Harden is a flawed player instead of an all time great, in his building around him, tbh. And I also don't doubt that he'll manage to dig Philly out of the absolutely awful job they've dug themselves. Having said that, the Rockettes are ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Westbrook trade (the start of the Rockets' downfall) was the new owner's call. Morey has a good track record before Tillman came on. Everything that's ed over the Rockets was mostly due to the new owner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Westbrook trade (the start of the Rockets' downfall) was the new owner's call. Morey has a good track record before Tillman came on. Everything that's ed over the Rockets was mostly due to the new owner.
    I agree with yours and Sugus's take on Morey....

Rockets are in for some awful years coming up.... but my goodness is OKC gonna clean up with what will be high Hou picks coming there way in a year or two. They are positioned to draft talent or trade for it.... it's incredible...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

rebuilding done right

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least the Rockets were in or close to contention recently and will at least retain a path to it so long as Harden remains and is in his prime. They can also reroute him for a commensurate return if he forces his way out, a la Davis/George.

The Spurs basically got one playoff run out of prime S bag, then made arguably the most embarrassing trade in history and now have zero blue chip prospects (too early for Johnson) nor a pick high enough that they're likely to attain one.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Where will danny end up?
    going on to win three championships in a row by signing with the heat after he gets bought out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it appears that Pop's and Spurs' fans favorite Whipping Boy's homecoming, has been spoiled. That trash of a rumored trade proposal of DDR10 for Kuz and DGREEN14 all but appears to be just that... a thought or a dream fantasy for Lakers fans whose bubble just got busted. To have Danny back would be okay, but not in a trash trade like that. �� If the Lakers did make that proposal to PATFO, they would have to be �� crazy to accept that trade. But it looks like the rich (Lakers) are trying to get richer for 2021 and an attempt for a repeat, which would give LBJ, 5 rings. ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In case people are wondering, Dennis' salary just made it cheaper for LAL to take. I doubt they wanted him over DeRozan, but it was to the point that Kuzma/McGee, KCP or Bradley had to go out to make the math work, and that wasn't a price the Lakers were willing to pay (and with the player options attached to the deal, they might not've been able to do it anyway). It's a nice deal because Green probably has positive value (maybe more than Schoeder to be honest), but there was little PATFO could've done to outmaneuver Presti here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to admit it, but nice move by the Lakers. Helps them out, lets them keep Kuzma (to play or trade), and takes a decent PG option off of the table for the Clippers. They have enough offense now to justify going after a cheap versatile defender like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson or a reclamation project like Harry Giles... They're in good shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schroder cost a first round pick and a starting SG. Gee, a bit of an overpay. But That's what Lebron teams do.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schroder cost a first round pick and a starting SG. Gee, a bit of an overpay. But That's what Lebron teams do.
    Yep. And Presti is a ruthless genius at manipulating and maximizing those situations with teams desperate to please their star.

Personally, I’m not sure I would even trade a 1st rounder by itself for Schroeder.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they really are after Wes Matthews next, how much left can they offer?

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yep. And Presti is a ruthless genius at manipulating and maximizing those situations with teams desperate to please their star.

Personally, I’m not sure I would even trade a 1st rounder by itself for Schroeder.
    19/4/4 and solid defender?

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1328023297670275072

Last season, Dennis Schroder became the first player to average

18+ PPG
    4+ APG
    45+ FG%
    35+ 3P%

off the bench in the 3-point era.

\
    Last edited by johnnymoore; 11-15-2020 at 11:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19/4/4 and solid defender?

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1328023297670275072

Last season, Dennis Schroder became the first player to average 18+ PPG4+ APG45+ FG%35+ 3P% off the bench in the 3-point era.

\
    He isn't that good as his stats indicate. He isn't a solid defender. He isn't a PG either. He is an undersized SG. Playing with Lebron would help hide his game.

Thread Information