Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big picture it seems SA and DDR are both ready for a trade. It helps SA some as they control it now.
    Not just/really that, but they couldn't do a trade without DMDR opting in first. The S&T route was always a dead end.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the trade talks we've been told have been happening are actually the Spurs have being active in trying to acquire a player to go with DMDR and LMA (and DJM too unfortunately). We may well see a Mills/Gay package rather than either of those other players. If they find a way to get Richardson and say PJ Tucker, I think you could see a better result.

Provided that the Spurs keep the two or three best young players (including 11), no win-now trade is going to hurt their chances at a rebuild. So fans trying to will them to blow it up might just have to deal with it for another year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I 100% agree. I'm just playing devil's advocate in the event we're stuck with him this year. Knowing our FO's propensity to sit on their hands I suppose my expectations for moving him or LMA are low.
    Yeah same here. I’ve seen this dance before, fell in the hype just so PATFO can say “we like what we have”. Fool me once...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not talking about you but there were posters saying that he would opt out no matter what. That he would even take less money to leave if he had to. All I'm saying is that i don't believe everything people post on here as inside info. You have a good track record of giving credible information others not so much.
    I appreciate that... I hear where you're coming from..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is still a good player that fits well on our roster, except for his defense. Even if he doesn't shoot that many threes, he creates good three point shots for others. I still think he gets traded because this team is on a different schedule. He'll leave next year for sure so the Spurs should get something for him, but no rush. Let the teams that want him give something that is worth trading for and if it is nothing but garbage players or 2nd round picks, then keep him and let him play out his contract. He'll be good anyway because he'll be playing for his next contract this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just/really that, but they couldn't do a trade without DMDR opting in first. The S&T route was always a dead end.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the trade talks we've been told have been happening are actually the Spurs have being active in trying to acquire a player to go with DMDR and LMA (and DJM too unfortunately). We may well see a Mills/Gay package rather than either of those other players. If they find a way to get Richardson and say PJ Tucker, I think you could see a better result.

Provided that the Spurs keep the two or three best young players (including 11), no win-now trade is going to hurt their chances at a rebuild. So fans trying to will them to blow it up might just have to deal with it for another year.
    Disagree. The laker talks were real and S&T was real option. But yeah, big picture him opting in didn’t harm any trades. The talk was since Sa didn’t extend him he was gone if they couldn’t find a deal.

Now? There’s a path to him staying this season with him opting in but I still firmly believe that is highly unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That supposed source on the hawks website said he was gonna opt out, confirmed he’s full of lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That would be a very disappointing outcome. I'm not against adding a player but if its just Richardson + Tucker it would be underwhelming to say the least. If they are going that route it should be someone better than ddr and lma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That supposed source on the hawks website said he was gonna opt out, confirmed he’s full of lol
    Disagree. There was enough of that chatter to where it seemed viable. Some times things don’t happen. Like Beli not being traded. Doesn’t mean MoSpur sources are bad. He’s been right about many things.

even Timvp posted about Derozan opting out (TNT sources)

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gross.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. There was enough of that chatter to where it seemed viable. Some times things don’t happen. Like Beli not being traded. Doesn’t mean MoSpur sources are bad. He’s been right about many things.

even Timvp posted about Derozan opting out (TNT sources)
    Yeah you can't question someone's credibility for being wrong about something happens. However when it comes to DeRozan I'm skeptical because most Spurs fans have weird agendas when it comes to him and result to fabricating things. Like I hear things from NBA people that I know and even they had to question why would San Antonio and Cleveland have talks about DeMar? last year like some Spurs fans mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can still see the Spurs run it back and evaluate again at the deadline. Not that I would like it, but even if you ship out LA and DeRozan they would most likely need some type of go-to-guy for crunch time. Let's see what they do. Either way they should try to package Gay and Mills and see what they can get for them as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What long term effect does this have on us signing Bryn Forbes now that DDR has opted in?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What long term effect does this have on us signing Bryn Forbes now that DDR has opted in?
    Well obviously we have to trade him without taking contracts back so we can give Bryn is Max...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you can't question someone's credibility for being wrong about something happens. However when it comes to DeRozan I'm skeptical because most Spurs fans have weird agendas when it comes to him and result to fabricating things. Like I hear things from NBA people that I know and even they had to question why would San Antonio and Cleveland have talks about DeMar? last year like some Spurs fans mentioned.
    True - but the point is (I never heard anything specific about WHERE DDR might go except LA because he wanted to go home - which there turned out to be truth there with the very real Laker rumors) that whether or not small details are right/wrong does the information match the overarching picture?

So when it comes to specific teams, options or mechanics it’s tough but the end goal? DDR being moved seemed and still does seem likely. But DDR is someone that draws a lot of “wish it would” vs “knowing it will” as you said.

But a lot of the team stuff is just people putting two and two together best they can..

Like, I never heard from a source on LMA to GS, I just saw the environment and read the tea leaves:

This was months before any talks of it and even then I was sort of mocked (understandably). But a lot of what you mentioned isn’t sourced but people taking what they have heard (DDR not getting an extension + being shopped) and trying to piece details together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont think there is any relation. SA likely knows if they want Bryn and if how much they are willing to pay. I would say Beli/Mills movement would be more of an indicator vs LMA/DDR/Rudy being moved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it showed that Demar plays better in a lineup that includes Keldon Johnson than he does in one that includes Bryn Forbes.

White, DDR, KJ, Walker and LMA is a pretty decent starting five. No Forbes and less Patty, a couple more small pieces here and there, and the Spurs are a much better team than last year.
    More than likely Lyle in for Walker to start. Finishing line up might be the Walker but I like Lyles too. Hope he gets better and keeps us in better rebounding and defensive position.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Demar to CLE a salary dump for that JR Smith partial guaranteed to sign Bojan Bogdanovic. Windhorst was reporting the Bojan interest when we didn't have capspace to sign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well obviously we have to trade him without taking contracts back so we can give Bryn is Max...
    How mad would you be if we give him a 3 year $21 million deal? Like I love our team, but man I've never been this nervous about our franchise going forward. We NEED to get rid of scrubs, but will Pop want to road out with an entirely new team? I think not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How mad would you be if we give him a 3 year $21 million deal? Like I love our team, but man I've never been this nervous about our franchise going forward. We NEED to get rid of scrubs, but will Pop want to road out with an entirely new team? I think not.
    I would feel demoralized as a fan if we gave him a contract like that....absolutely demoralized...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All I can say is that while I see what you are saying and based on Spurs MO its logical, I find it hard to believe based on what I’ve heard that it’s going to play out like that.

But there is definitely more of a path to that now. I’m fine with that direction as long as they arent giving up the youth or picks to add to a crappy LMA/DDR core. But I think it’s going other direction honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brynn is going to live rent free in so many heads for a long time. He'll be the last to be signed if he's coming back. Only patty mills gets the midnight signing deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7.5 million under tax now. Won't be enough to resign Poeltl without going into luxury tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean the time to get rid of all our vets is now. None of them are staying past this year anyways so you might as well get something for them. But I am very nervous about this being in the hands of a rookie GM. I'm already seeing other teams make deals and yet nothing from our end. It's very worrying.

Thread Information