View Poll Results: Will you take the vaccine?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will take it as soon as it is available to me

18 50.00%
  • I will NEVER take it under any circumstances

4 11.11%
  • I will take a wait and see approach before deciding.

14 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cant compare vaccines to treatments.

A vaccine has to work like a charm from day 1. Anything else and you have set yourself up for massive failure.

Treatments on the other hand can change and improve daily. Imo
    of course you cant compare them. but if only one is available and the other is not, its a pretty easy ing choice. and why does it have to be either/or?

for somebody who loves jerking off to the covid case/death numbers, its pretty amazing how anti-vax you are about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on how many Bill Gates/Jooooos microchips it comes with. Anything less than 3 means it's probably a placebo, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course you cant compare them. but if only one is available and the other is not, its a pretty easy ing choice. and why does it have to be either/or?

for somebody who loves jerking off to the covid case/death numbers, its pretty amazing how anti-vax you are about it
    You just compared them again Nancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will also probably weigh in the O'Keefe sekrit videos of healthcare workers turning into zombies after taking the vaccine that the MSM doesn't want you to know about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soros is making us to get it if we want to keep being on his payroll so I have no choice sadly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems clear even from the press releases that there is no vaccine induced enhancement, which is the only real concern I had about a rushed vaccine. So I'll take it once it is widely available to the general public. I won't take it while it is in limited availability since I don't actually need it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all make salient points but I will take vaccine early due to my work and hope many do - with respect
    we rarely agree on anything but yes respect.

Me and my family will take the vacine as soon as it is available for us. Now I won't take a Bolsonaro russian vaccine, I'll probably go after any vaccine validated by French administration and/or FDA approval under a Biden administration.

Some arguments are quite silly... virus will mutate yeah of course but that's also the case every year of the flu and vaccine is still efficient. We won't get out this situation without a large portion of the population vaccined.

If everyone waits for the others to do so, we will discuss covid for next 5 years.

US is in a ty place, you already have a large number of people not using vaccine because of autism smh... plus people who want to wait. We may see the planet being done with the virus and US still fighting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we rarely agree on anything but yes respect.

Me and my family will take the vacine as soon as it is available for us. Now I won't take a Bolsonaro russian vaccine, I'll probably go after any vaccine validated by French administration and/or FDA approval under a Biden administration.

Some arguments are quite silly... virus will mutate yeah of course but that's also the case every year of the flu and vaccine is still efficient. We won't get out this situation without a large portion of the population vaccined.

If everyone waits for the others to do so, we will discuss covid for next 5 years.

US is in a ty place, you already have a large number of people not using vaccine because of autism smh... plus people who want to wait. We may see the planet being done with the virus and US still fighting it.
    1. LOL thinking only US has people who wont take the vaccine. Russia has similar numbers of vaccine doubters. And France, even worse, 2/3s wont take it https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/16/...e-euronews-pol

2. Why would a healthy person rush to take a vaccine next spring when they might need a 2nd one for next fall seems stupid, makes more sense to just wait for next fall for an improved safer version

3. thinking Biden would make any difference in FDA vaccine approval

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Choice 1 is for lib s/sheep
    Choice 2 is for MAGA s
    Choice 3 is for libertarians

Jo Jorgensen for President, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Personally, yes, as soon as it’s available to me.

As an aside, I’ve worked in the construction industry for many years now and I deal with a tremendous amount of extreme right type folks. Most all of them worship Trump and wouldn’t vote for a democrat if their lives depended on it, but almost everyone I’ve asked this question to have responded with a passionate ‘NO’. They don’t trust the vaccine due to various reasons (govt tracking conspiracies, not enough testing, vaccines are bad).

You’d think they’d be all for it cause Trump is touting the vaccine but they’re not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. LOL thinking only US has people who wont take the vaccine. Russia has similar numbers of vaccine doubters. And France, even worse, 2/3s wont take it https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/16/...e-euronews-pol

2. Why would a healthy person rush to take a vaccine next spring when they might need a 2nd one for next fall seems stupid, makes more sense to just wait for next fall for an improved safer version

3. thinking Biden would make any difference in FDA vaccine approval
    bro.. french will take the vaccine if validated by ministere de la sante in function of results and side effects confirmation, France still believes in science bro. also euronews

for the rest you can put all the you want the fact you might need another one by fall does not prevent people to get a shot now. I believe Biden will not make any difference in FDA vaccine one cannot say about the same about Trump and his administration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should get CME medical credit for reading this thread - actually pretty fair and balanced and pretty informative. The key part of the vaccine IMO is getting it early into high risk groups on voluntary basis and then it will play out based on many factors including how prevalent the virus is, any publicity on side effects which there always are some; and how good health officials and others can overcome vaccine hesitancy which is a real issue and likely to be one regardless of the safety and efficacy of the vaccine (s) released. I work in the federal sector and know many good people strategizing how to overcome barriers and it will be an interesting challenge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Choice 1 is for lib s/sheep
    Choice 2 is for MAGA s
    Choice 3 is for libertarians

Jo Jorgensen for President, tbh.
    you're a trumper

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't vote for Trump either election cycle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't vote for Trump either election cycle.
    you're a trumper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bro.. french will take the vaccine if validated by ministere de la sante in function of results and side effects confirmation, France still believes in science bro. also euronews

for the rest you can put all the you want the fact you might need another one by fall does not prevent people to get a shot now. I believe Biden will not make any difference in FDA vaccine one cannot say about the same about Trump and his administration
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-rages-making/

French 'world's most reluctant' to take Covid vaccine as debate rages over making it compulsory

France comes bottom of 15-country poll on who would take a Covid vaccine amid political calls to make it compulsory

brazil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I worked previously at the approval agency as a deputy director in approvals, albeit not in vaccines, and I personally have faith in their oversight as they have many good scientists and leaders. The larger potential issues are manufacturing, distribution and vaccine hesitancy - one can have the best vaccine from trials but getting it produced, distributed, and accepted may be very challenging. But it is possible as many working hard on issues

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cant compare vaccines to treatments.

A vaccine has to work like a charm from day 1. Anything else and you have set yourself up for massive failure.

Treatments on the other hand can change and improve daily. Imo
    Belarus’s beleaguered government remains unfazed by covid-19. President Aleksander Lukashenko, who has been in power since 1994, has flatly denied the seriousness of the pandemic, refusing to impose a lockdown, close schools, or cancel mass events like the Belarusian football league or the Victory Day parade.

Yet the country’s death rate is among the lowest in Europe—just over 700 in a population of 9.5 million with over 73 000 confirmed cases and no masks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet you fold.

Belarus’s beleaguered government remains unfazed by covid-19. President Aleksander Lukashenko, who has been in power since 1994, has flatly denied the seriousness of the pandemic, refusing to impose a lockdown, close schools, or cancel mass events like the Belarusian football league or the Victory Day parade.

Yet the country’s death rate is among the lowest in Europe—just over 700 in a population of 9.5 million with over 73 000 confirmed cases and no masks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://time.com/5912966/pfizer-vacc...authorization/

Ready or not they are working to get rapid approval soon then it will get interesting to see how many take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ready or not they are working to get rapid approval soon then it will get interesting to see how many take.
    The medical experts told us there was nothing to worry about in January and Feb. In March they told us dont wear a mask its bad. Now they tell us to go ahead take the vaccine its game ready and very safe.

Yeah, i will do extensive research and wait at least 6 months after general release before even considering taking any vaccine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dr Rump. Got a question on some of these vaccines. Some idiot buddies of mine are against it because they say it contains dead fetus genomes. I tell them it doesnt. But was probably created using some dead baby genetic material. But thats no huge deal since fetuses are used for many medical innovations.

What else would you say to these morons?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The medical experts told us there was nothing to worry about in January and Feb. In March they told us dont wear a mask its bad. Now they tell us to go ahead take the vaccine its game ready and very safe.

Yeah, i will do extensive research and wait at least 6 months after general release before even considering taking any vaccine.
    you are absolutely wrong about this.
    some medical experts did, not all.

and we did not know anything about this disease.
    go read about the history of aids and how long it took to determine that it was a virus and then actually identifyIng the virus.

we are so much further along from a molecular standpoint it’s amazing. but as far as actually predicting the future in biology, that’s still extraordinarily difficult because, wait for it, people are different genetically. add to that the variations in the conditions we are subjected to when the virus is present and you have a very difficult job.

Science is working as it is supposed to, politicians make decisions. Again, getting things wrong in science means we are a likely step closer to getting things right.

you are another one that has no idea how difficult a task this is. from epidemiology to the molecular biology required to just have the hope that the vaccine might work in a myriad of different bodies. Old Joe needs to explain the above to the public, not attempt to create confusion like our last leader.

it’s very disconcerting that Trump has made it en vogue to be a knucklehead.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I’m all in give it to me.

Wait a second, I might turn purple and get really fat.
    fckn idiots... You all have had vaccines and you give them to your pets willingly.
    Who on here has not had a tetanus vaccine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm taking it. I ain't a ing pussy.
    You actually are if you rushing to take a vaccine for an illness that kills .05% of peeps

Thread Information