Page 192 of 435 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 10859
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sup Darrin, how quickly did Dry January end for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, extending the stairs would mean that they grow at the very least on par with inflation, but they do not.
    Plenty of people work for low wages (or used to before the pandemic made the job market much tighter). Don’t we hear often enough how half the country don’t make enough to even pay taxes? Lots of people on part time jobs as well.

I get that an indexed MW will never happen. It should, but it’s unlikely it ever will.
    There's nothing that says wages have to increase with inflation. So extending the stairs just means there's a corporate ladder, or a technical ladder, or some form of progression. That doesn't mean the entry level needs to be raised as well. Just don't stay at the entry level. If it was too low no one would take it. So you'll work for 7.50 an hour? Ok how about 15?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems out of power "We have a great idea!"

Dems in power "but what will Repugs say"
    like women.. "We never go where I want to go for dinner" "Ok where do you want to go? It's your call" "Wherever you want, doesn't matter to me" (pulls into a parking lot of a restuarant) "I knew it"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kamala is done, Buttplug is the heir apparent
    Pretty much this but there is a huge infighting among the Whitehouse and the media who they should get behind for 2024. The News MSN, CNN, ABC, love them Kamala but she makes AOC look like Ellen Musk and Butigig is not going to get any votes from Hispanics or the Blacks. The Left has put themselves in a corner it’s All In for a female minority to be next President and best candidate be damned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing that says wages have to increase with inflation. So extending the stairs just means there's a corporate ladder, or a technical ladder, or some form of progression. That doesn't mean the entry level needs to be raised as well. Just don't stay at the entry level. If it was too low no one would take it. So you'll work for 7.50 an hour? Ok how about 15?
    Of course there’s nothing that says wages should be indexed to inflation, however, inflation doesn’t just magically disappear if you don’t. That wage is being effectively depreciated, while prices do get adjusted, so largely it’s the employer that’s pocketing the difference. This happens not just at the lower wage range, but at any wage range. Low inflation is inherently not a terrible thing in economic terms (much more preferable than deflation or high inflation), but it does have that effect on wages and once enough time has gone on without some sort of adjustment, that’s how you get to non-livable wages.

As far as why would people work for the minimum? Well, some people need to make money. Some people can’t qualify for a better job. Some people need two jobs to make ends meet and take what’s available to them. Everybody wants to be a manager or a boss, but not everybody can get that job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course there’s nothing that says wages should be indexed to inflation, however, inflation doesn’t just magically disappear if you don’t. That wage is being effectively depreciated, while prices do get adjusted, so largely it’s the employer that’s pocketing the difference. This happens not just at the lower wage range, but at any wage range. Low inflation is inherently not a terrible thing in economic terms (much more preferable than deflation or high inflation), but it does have that effect on wages and once enough time has gone on without some sort of adjustment, that’s how you get to non-livable wages.
    Inflation and wages are different issues. Wages can go up and I'd bet you don't think inflation needs to rise to accommodate. Though it would be great if wages were always adjusted to meet rises in CoL, it doesn't mean that the wage discussion has to be focused on the CoL. The focus should instead be on creating a more marketable employee, not on forcing an employer to pay more for entry level work than the market dictates. Whether or not the market dictates 15 an hour for an entry level job, it really doesn't have much to do with minimum wages. There are many jobs that pay more than minimum wage for entry level work, there's just some that don't because the line of people who aren't qualified to do the work for whatever reason (can't get there on time, drug habits, criminal record, past employment history, etc...) is incredibly long. When employers cannot find minimum wage workers, they'll have to raise the offer or change the category of employee they are looking for.
    As far as why would people work for the minimum? Well, some people need to make money. Some people can’t qualify for a better job. Some people need two jobs to make ends meet and take what’s available to them. Everybody wants to be a manager or a boss, but not everybody can get that job.
    Someone decides to not get vaxxed, let them die. If that same someone decides to quit school, give them more starting pay. Sorry, but I was born dirt poor and have worked for less than minimum wage. I didn't stay that way. If you cannot afford to have kids, don't. I am pro choice, anti abortion. Choose to not have babies.

For people immigrating from areas where advancement wasn't possible, that's a different issue. Many of those people including Asians and Indians do just fine, they do better than fine.

I tip really well, and mostly in cash so they can decide on their own if they want to report it or not. I don't just offer a buck and good luck, vote dem, maybe your wages will be increased. Pretty sure I gave WH23 a 10 spot he framed.

Of course there's always enlistment into the military. That's how I got out.

Max unemployment comes to about 13.50 an hour, fwiw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Biden doing just Peachy

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Biden doing just Peachy

You want people to be infected now.

You picked your lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats the latest on Joey B getting tests out to each and every American?

Are the Repug Hitler Bot elements and Munchkin - AZ still blocking every chance they get?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Are the Repug Hitler Bot elements and Munchkin - AZ still blocking every chance they get?
    ...It's called "resisting," Mult. You taught us that tact quite well.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The tests dont work well vs omicron.

Plus people will get them once omicron wave has peaked

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The tests dont work well vs omicron.

Plus people will get them once omicron wave has peaked
    That was true a week ago. A week later you don't hear that no more/not even from FOX. That news is forbidden.

They're tryin' to work it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to imagine dems not getting absolutely hammered during the midterms, although there's a lot of time between now and Nov.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to imagine dems not getting absolutely hammered during the midterms, although there's a lot of time between now and Nov.
    what will the Dems run on? run against? run for?

Repug House will almost certainly impeach Biden, just pure harassment, obstruction, deny governance, like they did with Obama and Clinton.

Americans might be stupid to blame inflation and the omicron phase of the pandemic on Biden and the Dems,

and stupid enough to think the Repugs will do the tiniest for them. Capitalist/Christian fascism gonna the Confederate/red states harder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your boy doesn't even know what year it is.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Depends on how well they cover the nursing home/dementia patient demographic.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Your boy doesn't even know what year it is.
    He agrees, let's go Brandon. Are you from Oregon? What's your home?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count