Page 220 of 435 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 10859
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iran says key issues still unresolved in nuclear talks
    https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...ks-2022-02-28/

"Iran's stance after Bagheri's trip to Tehran has become even more uncompromising," said one of the sources. "They now insist on removal of sanctions on the IRGC and want to open issues that had already been agreed."

Iran to Joe

Trump reneging on the JPCOA and applying maximum pressure seems not to have had the intended effect. It's silly to expect Brandon to reverse four years of Trump's ups in a few months.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden has handled this whole thing spot ing on. It has been very impressive to see. Bidens experience and deep understanding has been crucial.

We all know Trump would be rolling over, blaming this on the Ukrainians, and parroting Russian propaganda talking points.
    The only thing Brandon handled was comms with allies and unifying Europe, and that he did well.

Trump is a loser, nobody cares about him.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The only thing Brandon handled was comms with allies and unifying Europe, and that he did well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, if they don't end up taking ing Ukraine, this is going to look worse than when they ran away from East Germany...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Putin may circle Kiev with tanks, but he'll never gain the hearts and souls of the Iranian people," Biden said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embarrassing...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean, if they don't end up taking ing Ukraine, this is going to look worse than when they ran away from East Germany...
    He'll have put Biden thru a wringer every single day he's in Ukr killing people and blowing up buildings.
    He warned Biden by name not to intervene. Biden ain't intervened.
    He beat State run media CNN to the "N" word like a boss. They still ain't over it.
    He made State run media FOX hit their knees and declare they're State run, in broad daylight.
    He has 'em ALL shrinkin' his gourd 24/7 as he sits at the end of that table.
    He has those nuclear codes and ain't afraid to use them the way Biden is to use his. Biden can't go first. He can.

The best 1 outta all of 'em, you know not counting he invaded? Guess which one, El/I'll save ya the trouble...bustin' their collective holes with the "N" word right out the gate. He knew! He watches! That glorious SOB!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And here is Biden when the children came home out at Dover...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The MF'er

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll have put Biden thru a wringer every single day he's in Ukr killing people and blowing up buildings.
    He warned Biden by name not to intervene. Biden ain't intervened.
    He beat State run media CNN to the "N" word like a boss. They still ain't over it.
    He made State run media FOX hit their knees and declare they're State run, in broad daylight.
    He has 'em ALL shrinkin' his gourd 24/7 as he sits at the end of that table.
    He has those nuclear codes and ain't afraid to use them the way Biden is to use his. Biden can't go first. He can.

The best 1 outta all of 'em, you know not counting he invaded? Guess which one, El/I'll save ya the trouble...bustin' their collective holes with the "N" word right out the gate. He knew! He watches! That glorious SOB!!!
    ^^^ lol meltdown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still hard to believe he ended the Afghanistan war... Brandon with the big balls...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^^ lol meltdown
    Please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ lol meltdown
    Is he still in hiding from Madonna?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bidens handling of this has been masterful. He didn't make it about him, worked behind the scenes to pull the real levers of US power: Leadership in nato and good relations with the EU.

He didn't go all cowboy, and stood up for what he thought was right.

He tried as much as possible to de-escalate it, and give Putin all the face-saving outs he could.

He took the gamble that releasing the intel ahead of time was worth the risk/cost to get ahead of russian disinformation efforts, and did that pay off, wow.

From a foreign policy perspective, this will be taught in textbooks as a how to.

Makes me very happy I voted for him. Right guy in the right place at the right time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the weeks leading up to the Russian invasion, Joe Biden used his administration to loudly and transparently demonstrate that Putin’s irredentist claims were bunk and that the looming invasion was a premeditated act of aggression.

He simultaneously worked—quietly—with NATO and the EU to achieve a larger consensus than there has been on any military matter before the alliance since . . . well, let’s call it a generation.

Biden did not draw lines in the sand. He did not personalize the conflict. He did not turn himself into the star of the show. He did not allow anyone, anywhere, to believe that this was about America.

Since the invasion, Biden has been a full partner with our European allies. He has not pushed them into decisions. He recognized that having a united front was more important than any particular aspect of the response. And after only four days Europe came to the conclusion—on its own—that it would do everything the American foreign policy establishment had wanted. Biden understood that these countries needed to come to the decision to fight back on their own, and not be publicly cajoled into it.1

Biden also understood that the EU and NATO are actually very powerful allies and that when they work in concert with the United States, we represent a significant geopolitical force.

At home, by not being publicly domineering, Biden has made it much harder for Republicans to polarize public opinion over Ukraine. Because Joe Biden has not allowed Ukraine to become an issue about Joe Biden. This should make the continued prosecution of Russia more tenable in the short and medium term.

Biden has done all of this—a hawk’s dream response—without escalating the conflict or pushing the West closer to kinetic warfare with Russia.

The West is stronger because of the actions of the Biden administration and Russia is weaker because of them.

The last month has represented America’s best showing in foreign policy in a generation, and this with a president playing a weak hand in a crisis forced on the country.

It would be nice if Biden got some credit for this from the public. He’s only making it look easy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is he still in hiding from Madonna?
    No in' way. He drove right over to the White House after suffering thru Evancho's National Anthem the day he was sworn.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In the weeks leading up to the Russian invasion, Joe Biden used his administration to loudly and transparently demonstrate that Putin’s irredentist claims were bunk and that the looming invasion was a premeditated act of aggression.

He simultaneously worked—quietly—with NATO and the EU to achieve a larger consensus than there has been on any military matter before the alliance since . . . well, let’s call it a generation.

Biden did not draw lines in the sand. He did not personalize the conflict. He did not turn himself into the star of the show. He did not allow anyone, anywhere, to believe that this was about America.

Since the invasion, Biden has been a full partner with our European allies. He has not pushed them into decisions. He recognized that having a united front was more important than any particular aspect of the response. And after only four days Europe came to the conclusion—on its own—that it would do everything the American foreign policy establishment had wanted. Biden understood that these countries needed to come to the decision to fight back on their own, and not be publicly cajoled into it.1

Biden also understood that the EU and NATO are actually very powerful allies and that when they work in concert with the United States, we represent a significant geopolitical force.

At home, by not being publicly domineering, Biden has made it much harder for Republicans to polarize public opinion over Ukraine. Because Joe Biden has not allowed Ukraine to become an issue about Joe Biden. This should make the continued prosecution of Russia more tenable in the short and medium term.

Biden has done all of this—a hawk’s dream response—without escalating the conflict or pushing the West closer to kinetic warfare with Russia.

The West is stronger because of the actions of the Biden administration and Russia is weaker because of them.

The last month has represented America’s best showing in foreign policy in a generation, and this with a president playing a weak hand in a crisis forced on the country.

It would be nice if Biden got some credit for this from the public. He’s only making it look easy.
    - "Just sit quietly, Joe, like a good boy while I sack this country in front of you on State run media CNN."

- Putin

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bidens handling of this has been masterful. He didn't make it about him, worked behind the scenes to pull the real levers of US power: Leadership in nato and good relations with the EU.

He tried as much as possible to de-escalate it, and give Putin all the face-saving outs he could.

He took the gamble that releasing the intel ahead of time was worth the risk/cost to get ahead of russian disinformation efforts, and did that pay off, wow.

From a foreign policy perspective, this will be taught in textbooks as a how to.

Makes me very happy I voted for him. Right guy in the right place at the right time.
    Result?

Putin President.
    Not Biden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lester Holt kept pressing him on what he would do to evacuate US citizens who were left behind and Biden asked him "how do we do that without starting WWIII" Even most sensible Republicans should agree with how's he's handling things. God only knows how Trump would be handling this. He would probably send troops to Russia to help with the invasion with knowing how terribly afraid of Putin Trump was/is.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If only we had stayed in Afghanistan, no troops would have ever died.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lester Holt kept pressing him on what he would do to evacuate US citizens who were left behind and Biden asked him "how do we do that without starting WWIII" Even most sensible Republicans should agree with how's he's handling things. God only knows how Trump would be handling this. He would probably send troops to Russia to help with the invasion with knowing how terribly afraid of Putin Trump was/is.
    & Biden expressly warned those same US citizens to get out a fortnight before Putin invaded. Biden would have NEVER ordered them to leave unless he knew precisely what was going to happen and his inability to stop it.

I've no sympathy for them.

Thread Information