Page 293 of 434 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 10830
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the First Time, US Is Sending More Gas to Europe Than Russia

For the first time, the US is supplying more natural gas to Europe than Russia sends by pipelines, according to the International Energy Agency.

Europe is seeking alternatives such as US liquefied natural gas to Russian supplies after Gazprom PJSC slashed shipments through Nord Stream, its biggest pipeline to Europe, and cut off shipments to countries that didn’t comply with new payment terms. Russia met more than a third of the European Union’s gas demand last year.

“Russia’s recent steep cuts in natural gas flows to the EU mean this is the first month in history in which the EU has imported more gas via LNG from the US than via pipeline from Russia,” IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol said in a tweet. “The drop in Russian supply calls for efforts to reduce EU demand to prepare for a tough winter.”

The increase in US LNG imports comes as the nation ramps up output of the super-chilled fuel after starting exports from the Gulf Coast in 2016, transforming global energy trade. US shipments remain strong even after a fire at the Freeport LNG plant in Texas, which has been shut for prolonged repairs.

After Russia’s war on Ukraine, the EU in March agreed on an additional 15 billion cubic meters of US LNG this year in a bid to displace Russian gas. In an ambitious target, the bloc has sought to replace a third of Russian gas with LNG from various sources this year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-gas-iea-says

💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 Go Joe Go💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our next POTUS <3

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seven in 10 Americans say they do not want President Biden to run for a second term, according to a new poll that comes as Biden’s approval numbers remain low and his party braces for losses this November.

A Harvard CAPS–Harris Poll survey shared exclusively with The Hill found that 71 percent of respondents polled do not think Biden should run for a second term, compared to 29 percent who say he should run.

Among the contingent of respondents who believe the president should not run, 45 percent said Biden should not make another bid because he is a bad president, while about one-third of respondents said he is too old and about one-quarter said because it is time for a change.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...election-poll/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Continuity with Trump wrt privatizing Medicare.

By the end of this decade, the government aims to put the last group of seniors, some 35 million of them still in traditional Medicare, into some version of managed care. That means in eight years, 64 million Americans age 65 and older will get their care from either an “accountable care organization” or a Medicare Advantage plan that will be responsible for managing their health needs, deciding what services they will get, which ones they’ll pay for, and most important for Medicare, attempt to reduce the overall cost of health services for seniors — and presumably saving the government gobs of money. (Accountable care organizations are tasked with caring for groups of patients, with financial incentives to hit quality benchmarks and penalties when costs balloon.)

The shift would also complete the privatization of what has been a popular and successful social insurance program since 1965. Whether that underlying goal will be realized remains to be seen, but at the very least, millions of seniors still in the traditional fee-for-service program and presumably happy with their care need to know what’s in store for them. Seniors, who will be automatically “aligned” as Medicare calls it, in these plans beginning next year, can opt out. One catch is that they will lose their primary care doctor and must find a new one who is not participating in this five-year demonstration project.
    https://centerforhealthjournalism.or...-private-hands

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old and out of touch.

What's the electoral calculus here? That he'll get brownie points from independents for letting himself be gulled McConnell?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old and out of touch.

What's the electoral calculus here? That he'll get brownie points from independents for letting himself be gulled McConnell?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actor Jon Voight: Biden 'Must Be Impeached'

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actr Jn Vight: Biden 'Must Be Impeached'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to add Russia to that graph... makes everyone else look a lot better, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake news...

Biden proposes limited drilling leases off Gulf of Mexico and Alaska
    JULY 1, 2022

NEW ORLEANS — The Biden administration on Friday proposed up to 10 oil and gas lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico and one off the Alaska coast over the next five years, scaling back a Trump-era plan that called for dozens of offshore drilling opportunities, including in undeveloped areas.
    Administration officials said fewer lease sales — or even no lease sales at all — could occur, with a final decision not due for months.

The Interior Department had suspended lease sales in late January because of climate concerns but was forced to resume them by a U.S. district judge in Louisiana. The Biden administration cited conflicting court rulings about that decision when it canceled the last three lease sales of the previous offshore leasing cycle.

That prior five-year cycle, a program adopted under former President Obama, expired Thursday.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...up-to-11-sales

Cuck Callest

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Thread Information