Results 976 to 1,000 of 10830
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WH reporters to bear the cost of COVID testing

“It is, of course, well-established that news organizations pay for reporters’ use of certain resources, like seats on government planes or the meals journalists are served while in pool holds. But it is our belief that the establishment of the unique security infrastructure that surrounds the White House, to include this new daily testing requirement, should fall on the government, not journalists working to inform the public,” Miller wrote.

“The WHCA has expressed the fear that the cost could be prohibitive for some journalists covering the White House, which may ultimately harm the public’s right to know.”
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/27/white-...-on-reporters/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pandemic has been going on for a year and change. Interesting timing asking for government to step in here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe georgians should have chosen a different democrat in the 2020 primary

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden administration disappointed after Iran rejects invite to discuss nuclear deal
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/28/polit...eal/index.html

Iran demanding Biden goes full cuck

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe georgians should have chosen a different democrat in the 2020 primary
    Horrible logic too. Your sole reason to vote was to get 2000 dollars? Holy .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trent Lott fired the Parliamentarian for going against party leadership. So what's your point?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They flipped Georgia because the orange guy was a total f up.
    Its pretty simple. So the blue team can cry all they want, they are in power because the red team elected an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't think of any other President in my lifetime (I was born in the 1960s) that would have done this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trent Lott fired the Parliamentarian for going against party leadership. So what's your point?
    Similar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden administration disappointed after Iran rejects invite to discuss nuclear deal
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/28/polit...eal/index.html

Iran demanding Biden goes full cuck
    Don't really see what's to negotiate, the US reneged on the deal, Iran is still a signatory in good standing.

"Maximum pressure" not only didn't work, Iran is now closer to the bomb and further away from compliance than ever.

Great work, Trumpies!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden has successfully pressured China to stop butt ing his US diplomats

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvxk...s-us-diplomats
    Promise made, promise kept, tbh

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Biden can potentially freeze dozens of Trump's 'damaging' last-minute policies

Joe Biden can potentially freeze—and more swiftly reverse—over two dozen more regulatory rollbacks forced through at the last minute by his predecessor's administration due to violations of federal law.

"The Trump administration's moves to lock-in last-minute regulatory rollbacks were plagued with unprecedented and unlawful legal tactics that make them much more vulnerable to reversal,"

Biden to expand the scope of his freeze memo from January 20 to include 25 more midnight regulations issued under former President Donald Trump—"many of which will harm consumers, workers, the public's health and safety, and the environment."

Those 25 deregulatory actions, "including some of the most egregious and damaging rollbacks of public protections produced during the entire Trump administration,"

violated the "obscure but powerful" Congressional Review Act (CRA),

Under the CRA, regulations only take legal effect after they are published in the Federal Register and submitted to the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate.

https://www.alternet.org/2021/03/trump-biden/

Biden must restore career Civil Service protections and fire or move to closets the saboteurs shoved in by Trash, block them from being converted from political appointees to civil service.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miguel Cardona confirmed as education secretary

https://theweek.com/speedreads/96970...tion-secretary

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz votes against Garland, this POS Cruz

but

Garland advances out of committee to Senate floor vote

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historian:

Biden's support for Amazon workers voting to unionize is 'almost unprecedented'

In Alabama, thousands of Amazon workers are voting on whether to unionize — and

President Biden wants to make sure they know this "vitally important choice" must be made without any employer "intimidation," "coercion," or "threats."

the U.S. "should have a free and fair choice to join a union."

America "wasn't built by Wall Street," he continued, it was "built by the middle class, and unions built the middle class.

I made it clear when I was running that my administration's policy would be to support union organizing and the right to collectively bargain.

I'm keeping that promise."

This is a bold statement,
    labor historian Erik Loomis told The Washington Post, and one that is "almost unprecedented in American history.

We have the sense that previous presidents in the mid-20th Century were overtly pro-union,

but that wasn't really the case.

Even FDR never really came and told workers directly to support a union."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/96971...-unprecedented

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miguel Cardona confirmed as education secretary

Betsy DeVos Warns That Biden Will Pick Education Secretary with Background in Education

WASHINGTON —Calling the prospect a “nightmare scenario,” Betsy DeVos warned that President-elect Joe Biden will pick an Education Secretary with a background in education.

The outgoing Education Secretary warned that putting someone with a “pro-education bias” in her job would be like “naming a fox to be Secretary of Hens.”

“For the past four years, I have worked tirelessly to keep our schools free from education,” she said.

“It deeply saddens me to think that all of my hard work will go to waste.”

Even more alarming, she said, Biden may name a “knowledgeable person” to replace her, a decision she called “disastrous.”

“In order to be impartial toward education, an Education Secretary must be as ignorant as possible,” she said.

“I don’t mean to boast, but I am going to be a tough act to follow in that respect.”

In total, she said, Biden’s plans for education may be the “most radical aspect” of the Democratic Party agenda.

“Forget about defunding the police,” she said.

“He is talking about funding the schools.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/betsy-devos-warns-that-biden-will-pick-education-secretary-with-background-in-education

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest. He probably cant physically and mentally complete 9 holes tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't really see what's to negotiate, the US reneged on the deal, Iran is still a signatory in good standing.

"Maximum pressure" not only didn't work, Iran is now closer to the bomb and further away from compliance than ever.

Great work, Trumpies!
    Iran is not even having ANY informal meetings unless US illegal sanctions are lifted.

The ship has sailed. Another defeat for Joe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest. He probably cant physically and mentally complete 9 holes tbqh
    hater is #StillWithHim tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iran is not even having ANY informal meetings unless US illegal sanctions are lifted.

The ship has sailed. Another defeat for Joe
    Maybe there's a bit of time left for Joe before Kamala takes over.

In principle Biden could make a move on that front but he already did: bombs dropped on that camp in Syria with the finger pointed at Iran.

Looks like a continuation of Trump's policy of maximum pressure on Iran that puts the US in the wrong wrt the JPCOA. It's more than unfortunate, it's the moral and practical equivalent of war on the ordinary people of Iran. I hope Biden reconsiders this tack, but I'm not hopeful that he will. Iran is not another small to medium sized country that can simply be dashed against the wall, just to prove that we can.

82 million people. An ancient civilization in its own right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another first for Joe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props if he helped facilitate this:

Thread Information