Post Count
    Biden Tells Putin He Must Return His Oval Office Keys
    You'll believe anything huh? LMAO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden Can Redeem His Mistake

In 1975, he failed to see what America owed the Vietnamese who had bet their lives on American promises.

In Afghanistan the interval will be even less decent;

the takeover by the Taliban after the withdrawal of American and other NATO forces will very likely happen much faster.

We should assume that Afghan cities could fall within months or weeks and that Kabul will soon become a bloody battleground,

as it was in the early 1990s, during the civil war that followed the departure of Soviet troops.

We should also assume that the Taliban will be no more merciful toward women, girls, religious minorities, civil-society activists, political opponents, and perceived infidels and spies than during its years in power before September 11, 2001.

Biden has a relevant personal history.

In April 1975, as a first-term senator, he was an outspoken opponent of using American money and risking Americans’ safety to rescue the tens of thousands of South Vietnamese who had bet their lives on American promises.

“The United States has no obligation to evacuate one, or 100,001, South Vietnamese,”

As South Vietnam fell, 135,000 endangered Vietnamese were evacuated through the heroic efforts of American officials, military veterans, and private citizens. Ford later said, “To do anything less would, in my opinion, only add moral shame to military humiliation.”

Those refugees and their descendants are now Americans. I doubt that Biden would wish it otherwise.

Biden failed to see a moral obligation in 1975. Today he can learn from the mistake and redeem it.

Seventeen thousand Afghans who have worked for America in Afghanistan, along with tens of thousands of their family members,

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-chance/618586

Trash also denied entry to Iraqis who had helped failed US military lose that war.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden pulling out of Afghanistan 9/2021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Biden is a NeOcOn wArMoNgEr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The consumer price index jumped 0.6% last month, the largest gain since August 2012, after rising 0.4% in February.

Qhris
    signs of economic revival, drumbeats of doom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden rescinds Texas health care waiver --

says Trump administration 'materially erred'

hole Bags suffered a major setback on Friday.

"The Biden administration on Friday rescinded approval for changes to Texas' Medicaid program granted by the Trump administration,

saying that federal
    Medicaid officials "materially erred" by speeding approval for the state's $100 billion-plus request in January,"

an effort to push Texas toward accepting the Affordable Care Act's Medicaid expansion.

Texas, which has more uninsured than any other state, is

one of only 12 that have not expanded the program."

https://www.rawstory.com/texas-medicaid-waiver

https://www.kff.org/medicaid/issue-brief/status-of-state-medicaid-expansion-decisions-interactive-map/
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-16-2021 at 04:49 PM.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. to spend $1.7 billion to detect, monitor coronavirus variants

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...2e8_story.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De-Crapification continues ...

'Watershed Moment' as Haaland Revokes Trump-Era Orders, Creates Climate Task Force

"Today's orders make certain that the Interior Department is no longer going to serve as a rubber-stamp for the coal and oil and gas industries."

faces pressure to block any new dirty energy development, Interior Secretary Deb Haaland won praise from environmentalists on Friday for issuing a pair of climate-related secretarial orders.

"With Secretary Haaland's actions today, it's clear the Interior Department is now working for communities, science, and justice.

We are grateful for her leadership and bold action to put people over polluters."

Haalan just repealed Trump-era policies that prioritized Big Oil execs above communities and public lands!

This is what happens when the person in charge of public lands isn't an oil lobbyist.

Secretarial Order 3398 (pdf) rescinds a dozen orders issued under the Trump administration which an Interior statement collectively described as

"inconsistent with the department's commitment to protect public health;

conserve land, water, and wildlife;

and elevate science."

Haaland's other measure, Secretarial Order 3399 (pdf), establishes a departmental Climate Task Force

that will identify policies needed to tackle the climate emergency,

support the use of the best available science on greenhouse gas emissions,

implement the review and reconsideration of federal gas and oil leasing and permitting practices,

identify actions needed to "address current and historic environmental injustice" as well as

"foster economic revitalization of, and investment in, energy communities," and work with state, tribe, and local governments.

"the solicitor's office issued a withdrawal of M-37062, an opinion that concluded that the Interior secretary must promulgate a National Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Leasing Program consisting of a five-year lease schedule with at least two lease sales during the five-year plan,"

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/04/16/watershed-moment-haaland-revokes-trump-era-orders-creates-climate-task-force

Expecting Biden will expand Bears Ears back to Obama's size, looters are raping Bears Ears.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .got damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McLaughlin Poll: Majority of Likely Voters Favor Voter ID, Say MLB Should Boycott China

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden Administration Ends Limits on Use of Fetal Tissue for Research

The decision reverses Trump administration rules and

allows scientists to use tissue derived from elective abortions to develop treatments for diseases including cancer and AIDS.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/17/health/fetal-tissue-abortion-biden.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has that beat with his famous, hold my beer.

“Last week, at the White House Christmas party,” Luntz said. Sherman asked what the two men talked about, to which Luntz replied that he had asked Trump what his middle initial “J” stands for. “Genius,” Trump responded.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...is-middle-name

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That was before McConnel used his power to with it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was before McConnel used his power to with it
    Excuses excuses excuses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [some i saw on facebook]
    Truth bomb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Counting down to NPC-Red's inevitable "Biden surrenders to Afghanistan" headline in 5, 4, 3, 2............
    FOX NEWS FLASHPublished 4 days ago
    Gen. Jack Keane warns Biden 'forgetting lessons learned' with plan for Afghanistan withdrawal
    'Very real possibility' of Taliban retaking Afghanistan after Americans leave, Fox News senior strategic analyst says

President Biden's decision to withdraw all remaining U.S. troops from Afghanistan beginning May 1 is "reckless," Fox News senior strategic analyst and retired Army Gen. Jack Keane told "The Story" Wednesday.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...essons-learned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OPINIONPublished January 6, 2019
    Should Trump withdraw from Afghanistan?

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/shou...om-afghanistan

(Hint Trump wanted to, I will let you guess as to the conclusion of the op-ed)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AFGHANISTAN Published November 12 2020
    In letter to Trump, GOP lawmaker pushes for withdrawal of US troops
    This week's Pentagon shakeup has fueled speculation about future military action in the Middle East

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., is calling on the Trump administration to "strategically" withdraw U.S. forces from Iraq and Afghanistan.

In a Veterans Day letter to President Trump, Biggs wrote that while he commended previous efforts to bring engagements in the countries to a close, he urged the president to continue with ambitious plans to remove thousands of service members from the countries.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/in-...-of-u-s-troops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excuses excuses excuses
    US economic growth will hit 7% this year on major stimulus boost, BofA says in latest upgrade

The American reopening is already leading to stronger growth than banks expected. Just ask Bank of America.

On Thursday, BofA economists lifted their 2021 US growth forecast once again on hopes for past and future stimulus accelerating the economic recovery. The upgrade is at least the fourth the bank has made this year.

https://www.businessinsider.com/econ...nt-bofa-2021-3

Biden grows economy, not Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ten Reasons Why It Could Be Awesome for Conservatives if Biden Wins

https://pjmedia.com/columns/megan-fo...-wins-n1125800

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US economic growth will hit 7% this year on major stimulus boost, BofA says in latest upgrade

The American reopening is already leading to stronger growth than banks expected. Just ask Bank of America.

On Thursday, BofA economists lifted their 2021 US growth forecast once again on hopes for past and future stimulus accelerating the economic recovery. The upgrade is at least the fourth the bank has made this year.

https://www.businessinsider.com/econ...nt-bofa-2021-3

Biden grows economy, not Trump.
    "base effect", also applies to inflation

Thread Information