Page 95 of 433 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 10825
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox Poll Shows Broad Support For Biden As
    GOP Attacks Flop

A new Fox News poll released Wednesday shows congressional Republicans are way out of step with the American public. Months of GOP attacks on the President Joe Biden, his economic policies, and COVID-19 safety requirements have failed to sway most of the American public.

Conducted between August 7 and August 10, the poll surveyed 1,002 registered voters. It found

majority support for Biden and all his proposed economic investments.

By a 53 pecrent -- 46 percent majority, voters said they approve of the job Biden is doing as president,

much better than any Fox News poll approval rating for Donald Trump over his single term as president.

Asked about the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, the bipartisan plan to invest $550 billion in transportation, broadband, electrical, and water system infrastructure that passed in the Senate on Tuesday, 62 percent said they favor the package, while 30 pecent said they oppose it.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/joe-biden-approval-

Repugs are the party of population minority and opinion minority.

They can only win and hold power by cheating, with huge assist from the ed-up, archaic Cons ution.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, that's good enough for me.

Nice "reporting" boomster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when are fox or oann running the story of Biden and Harris stepping down so trump can get inaugurated?

Asking for a Q .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So when are fox or oann running the story of Biden and Harris stepping down so trump can get inaugurated?

Asking for a Q .
    Ef, sittin' in front of his 25 incher keeping an eye peeled on FOX.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    expect to hear more noise about this, time will tell if it's transient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oil and gas inflation trap?

Though less frequently discussed seriously compared to Peak Oil Demand, Peak Oil Supply remains a distinct possibility over the next couple of years, mainly due to serious underinvestments in oil and gas.

In the past, supply-side “peak oil” theories mostly turned out to be wrong mainly because their proponents invariably underestimated the enormity of yet-to-be-discovered resources. In more recent years, demand-side “peak oil” theory has always managed to overestimate the ability of renewable energy sources and electric vehicles to displace fossil fuels.

Then, of course, few could have foretold the explosive growth of U.S. shale that added 13 million barrels per day to global supply from just 1-2 million b/d in the space of just a decade.

It’s ironic that the shale crisis is likely to be responsible for triggering Peak Oil Supply.

In an excellent op/ed, vice chairman of IHS Markit Dan Yergin observes that it’s almost inevitable that shale output will go in reverse and decline thanks to drastic cutbacks in investment and only later recover at a slow pace. Shale oil wells decline at an exceptionally fast clip and therefore require constant drilling to replenish the lost supply.

Indeed, Norway-based energy consultancy Rystad Energy recently warned that Big Oil could see its proven reserves run out in less than 15 years, thanks to produced volumes not being fully replaced with new discoveries.

According to Rystad, proven oil and gas reserves by the so-called Big Oil companies, namely ExxonMobil, BP Plc. (NYSE:BP), S (NYSE:RDS.A),Chevron (NYSE:CVX), Total (NYSE:TOT), and Eni S.p.A (NYSE:E) are all falling, as produced volumes are not being fully replaced with new discoveries.

Source: Oil and Gas Journal

Last year alone, massive impairment charges saw Big Oil’s proven reserves drop by 13 billion boe, good for ~15% of its stock levels in the ground, last year. Rystad now says that the remaining reserves are set to run out in less than 15 years unless Big Oil makes more commercial discoveries quickly.

The main culprit: Rapidly shrinking exploration investments.

Global oil and gas companies cut their capex by a staggering 34% in 2020 in response to shrinking demand and investors growing weary of persistently poor returns by the sector.

The trend shows no signs of moderating: First quarter discoveries totaled 1.2 billion boe, the lowest in 7 years with successful wildcats only yielding modest-sized finds as per Rystad.

ExxonMobil, whose proven reserves shrank by 7 billion boe in 2020, or 30%, from 2019 levels, was the worst hit after major reductions in Canadian oil sands and US shale gas properties.

S , meanwhile, saw its proven reserves fall by 20% to 9 billion boe last year; Chevron lost 2 billion boe of proven reserves due to impairment charges while BP lost 1 boe. Only Total and Eni have avoided reductions in proven reserves over the past decade.

Yet, policy changes by Biden’s administration, as well as fever-pitch climate activism, are likely to make it really hard for Big Oil to go back to its trigger-happy drilling days, meaning U.S. shale could really struggle to return to its halcyon days.

Clark Williams-Derry, energy finance analyst at the Ins ute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) has warned that there’s a “tremendous degree” of investor skepticism regarding the business models of oil and gas firms, thanks to the deepening climate crisis and the urgent need to pivot away from fossil fuels. Indeed, Williams-Derry says the market kind of likes it when oil companies shrink and aren’t going all out into new production but instead use the extra cash generated from improved commodity prices to pay down debt and reward investors.

Unfortunately, this trend is very likely to lead to a major oil supply squeeze down the line, high oil prices, and high inflation.
    https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oi...alk-About.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol "begging" to save lives.

Poor Chrisbot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did you want US troops out of Afghanistan, hater?

Yes or no or fold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you want US troops out of Afghanistan, hater?

Yes or no or fold.
    Yes.

Now my turn. Is sending 3,000 troops to Afghanistan considered leaving? Yes or no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And staying at the White House serves...what purpose again?

There is nothing he can do from the WH he cant in his own house.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why are you melting down? You're getting what you said you wanted for 20 years.

Now my turn. Is sending 3,000 troops to Afghanistan considered leaving? Yes or no.
    Yes. It's facilitating the safe leaving of everyone there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why are you melting down? You're getting what you said you wanted for 20 years.

Yes. It's facilitating the safe leaving of everyone there.
    no its not

Sending MORE troops is the exact opposite of leaving

Also Biden intensified the bombings last few months.

Also Biden wanted to keep Kabul Airpost as US base. That is not Leaving

Taliban hqve vowed to fight until the past foreign soldier is out. Better to conpletely leave as promised or american blood will run down Kabul streets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden vacates D.C. as Afghanistan, immigration crises accelerate
    Deteriorating situation in Afghanistan leads the list of policy nightmares confronting a relaxing president

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything is fine

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Disaster in Afghanistan

Biden pussy footing around the anti-vaxxer re s when he should be looking for force vaccines onto them by any means necessary.

border crisis where conservatives are controlling the narrative

Starting to seem like this moment is too big for Biden.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disaster in Afghanistan

Biden pussy footing around the anti-vaxxer re s when he should be looking for force vaccines onto them by any means necessary.

border crisis where conservatives are controlling the narrative

Starting to seem like this moment is too big for Biden.
    Not much he can do to make Trump's death cult take the vaccines, but he absolutely deserves blame for not getting black people vaccinated. Like you said, where is he, Obama, Stacy Abrams, Massa Clyburn, etc when black people really need them?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not much he can do to make Trump's death cult take the vaccines, but he absolutely deserves blame for not getting black people vaccinated. Like you said, where is he, Obama, Stacy Abrams, Massa Clyburn, etc when black people really need them?
    I think he can get vaccinations up as just hasn’t. Eg, why not sign an executive order prohibiting the federal government from buying from companies without vaccine mandates for their employees? Lockheed Martin and Raytheon would have vaccine mandates the next day.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He’s making the same mistake Obama made. MAGAboomers start clutching their pearls about muh freedom and Biden immediately goes on the defensive and lets them frame the conversation. He should be actively trying to ruin the lives of anyone who isn’t vaccinated, not being delicate and pussyfooting around their sensitive conservative feelings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the issue with afghanistan is just how bad their intel was.

withdrawal had to happen. but this whole thing of having to send back 3k troops just to protect the airport and get people out shows a lack of preparedness. after being there for 20 years they should have been able to realize how quickly the taliban would take back over, and should have known to keep behind a small force just to facilitate evacuations, etc. having to send the 3k after the fact just plays as egg on face

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is everyone talking about?

Did trump not get inaugurated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything is fine
    Anyone but Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

withdrawal had to happen. but this whole thing of having to send back 3k troops just to protect the airport and get people out shows a lack of preparedness. after being there for 20 years they should have been able to realize how quickly the taliban would take back over, and should have known to keep behind a small force just to facilitate evacuations, etc. having to send the 3k after the fact just plays as egg on face
    This is what happens when you announce your departure plans.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

21 meets candor for the first time.

Thread Information