Page 348 of 433 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398 ... LastLast
Results 8,676 to 8,700 of 10825
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't do , and the administration isn't "scrambling" to do anything but get Ukraine more money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden gives Chevron permit to restart Venezuelan oil sales
    The move could help ease global oil prices and speed the declines in U.S. gasoline prices.

The Treasury Department granted permission Saturday for oil giant Chevron to produce and export oil from Venezuela following the South American country’s decision to restart talks with opposition groups.

The move could add supply to the global oil market, which may ease fuel prices and speed the declines in U.S. gasoline prices that have been a political burden for President Joe Biden since Russia invaded Ukraine in February.

But a senior administration official said the easing of sanctions was not driven by the oil market pressures and was instead a response the Venezuelan regime’s decision this week to participate in the negotiations with opposition groups. Those talks, which were originally launched in Mexico City in September 2021, are expected to focus on humanitarian programs and setting future elections.

“This action is not being taken in response to energy prices, this is a limited license. As we have said in the past, this is about the regime taking the steps needed to support the restoration of democracy in Venezuela,” the official said.

The oil supplies affected under the new license would have likely have gotten to customers via the black market, the official said.

The decision to allow Chevron to resume shipments from the South American nation comes ahead of a Dec. 5 deadline for tightened sanctions on Russia that could roil the world’s oil markets. The G-7 and European Union are moving to restrict Russian petroleum exports and impose a price cap on petroleum sales.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...sales-00070836

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Countdown to skirmish in the area that shuts it down, preserving profits for BP and the like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Newsom says he'll wait his turn.

“I’ve told everyone in the White House, from the chief of staff to the first lady,” he recounted to me as we sat on the top floor of California’s now-ceremonial governor’s mansion on election night.

His message to Ron Klain and Jill Biden over the summer — when he visited Washington amid growing speculation, and considerable West Wing irritation, that he was plotting a primary challenge — was to count him as a firm supporter of Biden’s reelection: “I’m all in, count me in,” he said he told them.

Newsom relayed the same to Biden himself on election night.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...biden-00070829

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very odd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Maga s?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very odd

Seems like a coincidence.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were Hunter Biden laptops in all of those cars.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a coincidence.

battery was scheduled to be switched but it hadn't yet happened

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden will be re-elected in 2024. The map math to 270 ECV just isn't there for a GOP victory, regardless of who the candidate is.

Maybe in 2026 if/when some of the governor, SOS, AG, state legislatures, state courts etc flip back red. Then the GOP will have a chance to re-take the White House in 2028.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Based Biden dragging the US out of the bear markets, killing ISIS leaders and defeating Russia without firing a shot, all while burning rental cars for fun. Meanwhile Trump's taxes are providing lulz and scribbling in note pads for a lot of folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based Biden dragging the US out of the bear markets, killing ISIS leaders and defeating Russia without firing a shot, all while burning rental cars for fun. Meanwhile Trump's taxes are providing lulz and scribbling in note pads for a lot of folks.
    Parody account?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is happy hour over?

I see karrin drunk posting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is happy hour over?

I see karrin drunk posting.
    ^ Deep thoughts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "US GDP was up 2.9% during the last quarter, why this is a bad thing for Joe Biden"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why aren’t oil companies drilling on their 9,000 land leases?

https://www.marketplace.org/2022/08/...0-land-leases/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Job growth is too strong, here's why that's bad for Joe Biden."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden bends the knee to rail bosses.

Praising the last-minute agreement to deny the laborers any sort of civility or respect, President Joe Biden signed legislation Friday to avert a crisis in which rail workers might have been treated like actual human beings. “We were only a week away from a nationwide catastrophe in which we would have been forced to acknowledge the basic rights of these employees,” said President Biden, applauding lawmakers on both sides of the aisle who ensured rail workers would continue to be denied a benefit as humane as paid sick days. “So much of what Americans rely on is delivered by train—from clean water to food to gas—and the last thing we want is for the people responsible for transporting those goods to be able to stay home when they’re seriously ill. Thanks to this law, we can guarantee that no engineer driving 20,000 tons of freight across this great nation will be able to access healthcare without having their pay docked.” Biden went on to express confidence that next year, bipartisan legislation would be passed to ensure rail workers were no longer allowed to eat or sleep between shifts.
    https://www.theonion.com/biden-signs...rai-1849847966

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden kowtows to MBS, granting him sovereign immunity, forcing the judge to dismiss Khashoggi's widow's lawsuit.

"Despite the Court’s uneasiness, then, with both the cir stances of bin Salman’s appointment and the credible allegations of his involvement in Khashoggi’s murder, the United States has informed the Court that he is immune,” judge Bates wrote in the 25-page ruling.

In invoking the cir stances of the crown prince’s appointment as head of state, Bates was referring to the fact the prince was only in September named prime minister in a royal decree.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...-dropped-in-us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden kowtows to MBS, granting him sovereign immunity, forcing the judge to dismiss Khashoggi's widow's lawsuit.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...-dropped-in-us
    I hate MBS, but sovereign immunity long predates this administration, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate MBS, but sovereign immunity long predates this administration, tbh...
    It's not like MBS won an election, he declared himself PM by royal decree two months ago. The State Dept glossing that as legit is a choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like MBS won an election, he declared himself PM by royal decree two months ago. The State Dept glossing that as legit is a choice.
    The fact that the alleged crime happened inside an embassy makes this fall straight into sovereign immunity.

Look, the US shouldn't have looked the other way, that was de able, and if you have to ding Old Joe for something, it's the flip flop on MBS after the oil crisis.

But this was on shaky grounds to begin with.

Thread Information