Page 148 of 435 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 10859
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden will be fine. You cannot expect someone to come in to office in the midst of a pandemic with the nation basically shut down and have stellar results. People are going to have to sacrifice to recover, it's inevitable, but Americans don't believe they fall into the "normally" category. Americans are special, there'll be no sacrificing. Let someone else do that.
    Umm no take off the glasses cause Biden is doing a terrible job he keeps making one terrible mistake after another:
    1. Afghanistan pull out was a disaster and I am not talking about ending war I am talking about how it was done - We still giving Millions of dollars to a terrorist just so they don’t kill Americans left behind
    2. Gas prices are at a all time high which is impacting poor, and the middle class the hardest
    3. Inflation is at a all time high impacting poor and middle class the hardest
    4. We have also pissed off our allies by not telling them how and when we were leaving Afghanistan

I could go on and on and why does he never answer questions from the press he walks away after every press event
    5. Pissed off France by not telling them submarine deal with Australia so bad they recalled their Ambassador
    6. The border is a cluster thousands of unvaccinated are entering the country illegally every day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "inflation is at an all time high"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. military says it killed al-Qaida leader in drone strike
    Army Maj. John Rigsbee, a spokesperson for U.S. Central Command, said in a statement that Abdul Hamid al-Matar was killed.

The U.S. military said it killed a senior al-Qaida leader in an airstrike Friday in northwest Syria.

Army Maj. John Rigsbee, a spokesperson for U.S. Central Command, said in a statement that Abdul Hamid al-Matar was killed by a drone strike.

Rigsbee said the killing of al-Matar will disrupt al-Qaida's “ability to further plot and carry out global attacks threatening U.S. citizens, our partners, and innocent civilians." He said al-Qaida “uses Syria as a base for threats reaching into Syria, Iraq and beyond.”

The drone strike came two days after a U.S. military outpost in southern Syria was hit by a coordinated attack that included drones and rockets. U.S. officials said no American troops stationed there were injured or killed.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...-leader-516885

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm no take off the glasses cause Biden is doing a terrible job he keeps making one terrible mistake after another:
    1. Afghanistan pull out was a disaster and I am not talking about ending war I am talking about how it was done - We still giving Millions of dollars to a terrorist just so they don’t kill Americans left behind
    2. Gas prices are at a all time high which is impacting poor, and the middle class the hardest
    3. Inflation is at a all time high impacting poor and middle class the hardest
    4. We have also pissed off our allies by not telling them how and when we were leaving Afghanistan

I could go on and on and why does he never answer questions from the press he walks away after every press event
    5. Pissed off France by not telling them submarine deal with Australia so bad they recalled their Ambassador
    6. The border is a cluster thousands of unvaccinated are entering the country illegally every day
    Why would I need to remove my glasses?

There's a large backlog for goods and services. It's a wave that's catching up with us that began last year when everything shutdown. If we could shut the entire world down that long and things move along just the same, that would be weird. What we have now is expected. Pretty sure people in the "stan" were told months ago to get the out and they didn't. There were some issues, no doubt, but it's not like Joe took office and said "you know, I think I'll drop a surprise exit on the troops in Afghanistan." This was planned. Could have been smoother, but people knew to get out.

We didn't seem to give a about our allies the last 4 years.

Inflation was coming regardless

Gas prices are a result of oil prices. It's actually good that oil prices are higher.

No one cares about France.

The border was a cluster years ago, this is why cages were built. The wall wasn't so popular with the right because of how "in control" the border was.

Gotta give this guy a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness, excluding food and energy vitiates the practical applicability of the statistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. military says it killed al-Qaida leader in drone strike
    Army Maj. John Rigsbee, a spokesperson for U.S. Central Command, said in a statement that Abdul Hamid al-Matar was killed.

The U.S. military said it killed a senior al-Qaida leader in an airstrike Friday in northwest Syria.

Army Maj. John Rigsbee, a spokesperson for U.S. Central Command, said in a statement that Abdul Hamid al-Matar was killed by a drone strike.

Rigsbee said the killing of al-Matar will disrupt al-Qaida's “ability to further plot and carry out global attacks threatening U.S. citizens, our partners, and innocent civilians." He said al-Qaida “uses Syria as a base for threats reaching into Syria, Iraq and beyond.”

The drone strike came two days after a U.S. military outpost in southern Syria was hit by a coordinated attack that included drones and rockets. U.S. officials said no American troops stationed there were injured or killed.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...-leader-516885

Eighty Percent Of Al-Qaeda No. 2s Now Dead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon made a lot of ups so far and there's plenty to criticize, but so far they're ups I can live with.

I voted for Joe for two reasons:
    1) Orangegutan thirst for staying in power started to look like a cheap banana republic dictator. At some point it became clear he was a sore loser and there was no low that was too low, including destroying democracy if that's what it took.
    2) His downplaying of a pandemic the world knew was serious business and the dismal response that followed cost unnecessary American lives. It was so ing terrible it cost him his presidency.

I don't have to worry about Brandon on 1). He might end up being a one termer, but if he doesn't die first, he'll go retire in Delaware when his term is up, and that'll be that.
    And as far as 2) I think he's done a good job on the pandemic so far. Vaccine rollout was good, nobody had to pay a dime for it, and looking at your list I don't see any complains either, tbh.

I really didn't have any other problem with Trump. I wouldn't have voted for him, but I probably wouldn't have voted against him either if 1) and 2) weren't there.

I also find it hilarious to hear trump complain about "pissing off our allies" when Trump basically told our allies to go themselves and start paying for their own military. Never have our relationships with allies been more strained than with the previous administration and 'America first' policies.
    But, again, besides the hypocrisy, I'm also with DMC, France. If you don't like it, it, make a better product.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness, excluding food and energy vitiates the practical applicability of the statistic
    to say nothing of housing, education and healthcare

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even SNL turning on Brandon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 Policy Decisions Biden Can Make Without Congress (but he won't do )

there are at least 48 other Trump policies that he can reverse on day one.

1. He can lower drug prices through Section 1498 of the federal code, which gives the government the power to revoke a company’s exclusive right to a drug and license the patent to a generic manufacturer instead.
    2. He can forgive federal student loans – thereby helping to close the racial wealth gap, giving a financial boost to millions, and delivering a major stimulus to the economy.
    3. He can use existing an rust laws to break up monopolies and prevent mergers – – especially in Big Tech and the largest Wall Street banks.
    4. He can ins ute pro-worker policies for federal contractors – who are responsible for a fifth of the economy – such as requiring a $15 minimum wage and paid family leave, and refusing to contract with non-union companies.
    5. He can empower the Labor Department to aggressively monitor and penalize companies that engage in wage theft and unpaid overtime, and who misclassify employees as independent contractors – as Uber and Lyft do.
    6. He can make it easier for people to get health care by eliminating Medicaid work requirements, reinstating federal funding to Planned Parenthood, and expanding access to Affordable Care Act plans. Then it’ll be up to us to push him to enact Medicare for All.
    7. He can ban the sale of public lands and waters for oil and gas drilling. He can further tackle the climate crisis by reinstating the 125 environmental regulations rolled back by Trump and directing federal agencies to deny permits for new fossil fuel projects, and halting all fossil fuel lease sales and permits.
    8. His Securities and Exchange Commission can reinstate its ban on stock buybacks – so that corporations are more likely to use their cash to invest in workers instead of enrich their shareholders. And he can rein in Wall Street by strengthening the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and other financial regulators, while his Treasury Department can close many tax loopholes.
    9. He can address the cruelty of capital punishment by granting clemency to everyone on federal death row, effectively ending the death penalty with the stroke of a pen. He can address other injustices by having the Department of Justice implement mass commutations for low-level drug offenders, strengthening the department’s Civil Rights Division, and reining in rampant police misconduct through consent decrees. And he can undo some of the damage wrought by the racist war on drugs by directing his Attorney General to reclassify marijuana as a non-dangerous drug.
    10. He can reverse Trump’s cruel immigration agenda by restoring and expanding DACA and raising the yearly number of refugees who can be admitted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grandma says don't worry

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He will do them if his masters tell him to do them. (Obama, Pelosi, etc)

10 Policy Decisions Biden Can Make Without Congress (but he won't do )

there are at least 48 other Trump policies that he can reverse on day one.

1. He can lower drug prices through Section 1498 of the federal code, which gives the government the power to revoke a company’s exclusive right to a drug and license the patent to a generic manufacturer instead.
    2. He can forgive federal student loans – thereby helping to close the racial wealth gap, giving a financial boost to millions, and delivering a major stimulus to the economy.
    3. He can use existing an rust laws to break up monopolies and prevent mergers – – especially in Big Tech and the largest Wall Street banks.
    4. He can ins ute pro-worker policies for federal contractors – who are responsible for a fifth of the economy – such as requiring a $15 minimum wage and paid family leave, and refusing to contract with non-union companies.
    5. He can empower the Labor Department to aggressively monitor and penalize companies that engage in wage theft and unpaid overtime, and who misclassify employees as independent contractors – as Uber and Lyft do.
    6. He can make it easier for people to get health care by eliminating Medicaid work requirements, reinstating federal funding to Planned Parenthood, and expanding access to Affordable Care Act plans. Then it’ll be up to us to push him to enact Medicare for All.
    7. He can ban the sale of public lands and waters for oil and gas drilling. He can further tackle the climate crisis by reinstating the 125 environmental regulations rolled back by Trump and directing federal agencies to deny permits for new fossil fuel projects, and halting all fossil fuel lease sales and permits.
    8. His Securities and Exchange Commission can reinstate its ban on stock buybacks – so that corporations are more likely to use their cash to invest in workers instead of enrich their shareholders. And he can rein in Wall Street by strengthening the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and other financial regulators, while his Treasury Department can close many tax loopholes.
    9. He can address the cruelty of capital punishment by granting clemency to everyone on federal death row, effectively ending the death penalty with the stroke of a pen. He can address other injustices by having the Department of Justice implement mass commutations for low-level drug offenders, strengthening the department’s Civil Rights Division, and reining in rampant police misconduct through consent decrees. And he can undo some of the damage wrought by the racist war on drugs by directing his Attorney General to reclassify marijuana as a non-dangerous drug.
    10. He can reverse Trump’s cruel immigration agenda by restoring and expanding DACA and raising the yearly number of refugees who can be admitted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Biden's approval ratings are worse than every recent president -- except 1 -- at this stage

* George W. Bush 88% (288 days)
    * George H.W. Bush 70% (289 days)
    * Jimmy Carter 54% (277 days)
    * Ronald Reagan 53% (286 days)
    * Barack Obama 52% (271 days)
    * Bill Clinton 47% (271 days)
    * Biden 42% (272 days into his presidency)
    * Donald Trump 37% (283 days)

https://news.gallup.com/poll/329384/...joe-biden.aspx

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/25/polit...oll/index.html

---

tbh, Brandon needs to step up his game... he knows what rock bottom looks like...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    More specifically, what does he need to do to right the ship?

Joe Biden's approval ratings are worse than every recent president -- except 1 -- at this stage

* George W. Bush 88% (288 days)
    * George H.W. Bush 70% (289 days)
    * Jimmy Carter 54% (277 days)
    * Ronald Reagan 53% (286 days)
    * Barack Obama 52% (271 days)
    * Bill Clinton 47% (271 days)
    * Biden 42% (272 days into his presidency)
    * Donald Trump 37% (283 days)

https://news.gallup.com/poll/329384/...joe-biden.aspx

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/25/polit...oll/index.html

---

tbh, Brandon needs to step up his game... he knows what rock bottom looks like...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans are stupid.

What has Biden done or failed to do which justifies such low ratings?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is just not a good leader I think he has given the least amount of press briefings then the last 3 Presidents by a wide margin. So much is going on in our country and the world I think people want to hear where we stand and what is he going to do for certain problems. The majority of people care about jobs and the economy that is always the driving force on which party maintains power or looses power and right now it’s not looking good for him nor us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grandma says don't worry

She looks as bad and senile as Chomsky. And Chomsky should be taken to the barn and given a mercy shot tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More specifically, what does he need to do to right the ship?
    He probably can die and his polls might improve or at least not get any worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grandma says don't worry

Boomers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is just not a good leader I think he has given the least amount of press briefings then the last 3 Presidents by a wide margin. So much is going on in our country and the world I think people want to hear where we stand and what is he going to do for certain problems. The majority of people care about jobs and the economy that is always the driving force on which party maintains power or looses power and right now it’s not looking good for him nor us
    I think Trump ed up by talking too much, too much ego and me me me. Biden is going about his business. I don't need to hear from him often.

Thread Information