Page 171 of 434 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 10830
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's rationale?

So you just said it, I'll lay the trap anyhow.

Do you think American deaths only matter if they come from COVID vs terrorism?

Take your time. You obviously think the rationale is bad for one but good for the other. What's the underlying concern if not American lives?
    nope

trap evaded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m asking if rationale behind policies matter.

ie two different administrations at different times implement comparable policies for different reasons. When arguing if a policy is good/bad or right/wrong, does the rationale or reasoning behind the policy decision factor in?

i say yes. What do you say
    What matters to me is the policy. I don't care if they have flawed reasoning.
    so you say no

thats where the disagreement is

here's an example of why i think your position is nonsensical. lets take a policy like a hypothetical federal mask mandate.

if the obama administration implemented a mask mandate in 2011 or something with the reasoning that they thought everybody was ugly and should be covered up, i'd think thats quite bad. but if the trump or biden administration during the waves of covid implemented one as a safety measure, i'd say that's quite good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did already. Pick which version of question you're asking. Also, when you say "rationale" do you mean the reason they are doing it, like motive, or do you mean their reasoning, like understanding of what the policy will actually accomplish?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you say no

Why does rationale matter in the comparison? If banning travel from Africa is racist, then that rationale must be to keep other races out. Was that Trump's rationale or just what you are inserting as Trump's rationale based on your distrust for Trump?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you stopped hyperventilating and spamming refresh you'd see the rest of the post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you stopped hyperventilating and spamming refresh you'd see the rest of the post
    You edited your post. I saw the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you say no

here's an example of why i think your position is nonsensical. lets take a policy like a hypothetical federal mask mandate.

if the obama administration implemented a mask mandate in 2011 or something with the reasoning that they thought everybody was ugly and should be covered up, i'd think thats quite bad. but if the trump or biden administration during the waves of covid implemented one as a safety measure, i'd say that's quite good.
    If Obama implemented a mask mandate in 2011 due to a virus that had a lower R0 and caused less deaths but did it for the same reason, to save lives, would that be good or bad?

If Trump banned the travel from countries that didn't meet security requirements, is that good or bad? It seems you're not really saying what the difference is between the two, you're trying to goad me into making it safe for you to do so though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Obama implemented a mask mandate in 2011 due to a virus that had a lower R0 and caused less deaths but did it for the same reason, to save lives, would that be good or bad?

If Trump banned the travel from countries that didn't meet security requirements, is that good or bad? It seems you're not really saying what the difference is between the two, you're trying to goad me into making it safe for you to do so though.
    im saying that ins uting a mask mandate when there isnt a pandemic would probably be bad policy. the reason and rationale of a policy matter. a mask mandate isnt inherently good or bad policy. it depends what it is seeking to address and what it actually does address

sure its possible for a broken clock to be right (ie somebody ins utes a mask mandate because they think people are ugly but then there also happened to be a pandemic right after which causes the mandate to have good results), but i dont think thats what we're looking for in leadership positions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You edited your post. I saw the rest.
    im sorry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im saying that ins uting a mask mandate when there isnt a pandemic would probably be bad policy. the reason and rationale of a policy matter. a mask mandate isnt inherently good or bad policy. it depends what it is seeking to address and what it actually does address
    Why are you talking about masks? We're talking about travel bans. Why can't you be specific about the travel ban instead of using an analogy?

Rationale has nothing to do with effectiveness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ok, I wasn't refreshing. I was editing my own post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stand on your own for once, pussy. Let it be "just you".
    I think you're a got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're a got
    right guise? right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WAR ON CHRISTMAS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boomers love ing huge Christmas trees. What is repugs ing problem.
    Brandon already cancelled Halloween, what's next, Valentine's Day and Easter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you talking about masks? We're talking about travel bans. Why can't you be specific about the travel ban instead of using an analogy?

Rationale has nothing to do with effectiveness.
    ok. there ca be good ad bad reasons to implement travel bans. the rationale/reasoning is a big part of that.

of course, like i said, its possible for the adminsitration to be a broken clock, have a terrible reason (like hey, lets ban travel from countries that start with the letter S), and that it still turns out having a positive impact (if all the countries that start with S are hotspots of deadly viruses)... but thats not really what i'm looking for

do you agree that there can be good or bad reasons to implement travel bans? and do you prefer an administration that implements travel bans for good reasons or bad ones? i prefer the one that does it for good reasons. you seem to not care if the reason behind a policy is good or bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok. there ca be good ad bad reasons to implement travel bans. the rationale/reasoning is a big part of that.

of course, like i said, its possible for the adminsitration to be a broken clock, have a terrible reason (like hey, lets ban travel from countries that start with the letter S), and that it still turns out having a positive impact (if all the countries that start with S are hotspots of deadly viruses)... but thats not really what i'm looking for

do you agree that there can be good or bad reasons to implement travel bans? and do you prefer an administration that implements travel bans for good reasons or bad ones? i prefer the one that does it for good reasons. you seem to not care if the reason behind a policy is good or bad
    So you still refuse to comment on the two actual travel bans being compared and instead prefer to discuss analogies. Way to stay out of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you still refuse to comment on the two actual travel bans being compared and instead prefer to discuss analogies. Way to stay out of it.
    I learned it by watching you dad! I learned it by watching you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avoids, deflects and makes corny jokes -- nearly every time -- when others ask him something directly, but gets all huffy and ANSWER ME! when his questions get ignored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't recall tagging you.

Avoids, deflects and makes corny jokes -- nearly every time -- when others ask him something directly, but gets all huffy and ANSWER ME! when his questions get ignored.
    I haven't demanded anything of the sort. You're lying again. I've simply refused to discuss hypotheticals when the actual two events can be discussed instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden doubles tariffs on Canadian lumber. Canada vows retaliation.

Bloc Quebecois MP Mario Simard said Canada’s top trading partner was now acting like its adversary.

“Before people said Trump was the problem. Today, it’s Biden. And we have the same problem,” said Simard.

Murica 1st

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dollar store is officially dead

Dollar Tree, the last of the big dollar-store chains selling items for $1 or less, on Tuesday said it was officially "breaking the buck" and raising prices to $1.25 after testing these prices earlier in the year.

The news gave a boost to its stock price as investors eyed sales growth without the restraint of $1 pricing. It also signaled the end of the true $1-and-under concept among US retailers.

Dollar stores have existed in the US for decades and started to take off in the post-World War II economy. While these stores began life selling products at $1 or less, most were quick to diversify and raise prices in line with inflation. But Dollar Tree didn't.

Dollar General, the largest dollar-store chain in the US by store count, opened its first location in 1955. Created by the father-son duo J.L. and Cal Turner, their idea was to replicate "Dollar Days" sales found year-round at department stores in Nashville, Tennessee, and in Louisville, Kentucky.

https://www.businessinsider.com/doll...general-2021-9

Brandon

Thread Information