My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turkey continues talks with US, other countries on Kabul airport

Turkey has continued with negotiations on securing and operating Afghanistan’s Kabul airport with both the United States as well as other countries, Defense Minister Hulusi Akar stated on Tuesday.

Speaking to journalists in Ankara, Akar said: “There are some issues on which we have agreed with (U.S. Defense Secretary Llloyd) Mr. Austin as part of the negotiations. Moreover, there are positive developments in NATO with Turkey’s initiatives.”

https://www.dailysabah.com/politics/...-kabul-airport

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Turkey supports ISIS and jihadis and also are transporting terrorists from Syria to Afghanistan and calling them security forces.

This is all under request of USA as we want to keep an airbase in the region.

Well Taliban said off

The Taliban on Tuesday warned Turkey against extending its troop presence in Afghanistan when US-led forces leave the country, insisting the decision was "reprehensible".

"The decision... is ill-advised, a violation of our sovereignty and territorial integrity and against our national interests," the group said in a statement, days after Turkey promised to provide troops to protect Kabul airport when foreign forces leave next month.

"We consider the stay of foreign forces in our homeland by any country under whatever pretext as occupation," said the Taliban in the statement and added that "invaders" will be dealt with according to the Fatwa (decree) under which they have fought for the last two decades.

The statement urged the Turkish people and politicians to "reverse their decision" as it would detrimental to both countries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the same base the us abandoned in the middle of the night without telling anyone?? Surprised there wasn't a thread on that, another shameful chapter in Afghanistan for the US

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the same base the us abandoned in the middle of the night without telling anyone?? Surprised there wasn't a thread on that, another shameful chapter in Afghanistan for the US
    I believe Turkish "securith forces" (terrorists) still have control of the airport.

If they dont leave soon, taliban gonna open up a can of woop ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Turkish "securith forces" (terrorists) still have control of the airport.

If they dont leave soon, taliban gonna open up a can of woop ass
    Like, you're openly rooting for the Taliban now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like, you're openly rooting for the Taliban now?
    Vs ISIS and Turkish jihadis

yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw you and alm of us rooted for taliban for years. We also armed them, trained them and idolized and made them heroes in Rambo movies

Thread Information