Mahomes = Foles

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Poor Carr, didn't deserve that.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    No doubt who the MVP is so far. And without the need of stat whoring TD's of less than 10 yards like uncle Tom, tbh.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    75 yards in 1 minute.
    I liked the longer XP, but never agreed with the rule change changing touchbacks from starting at the 20 to starting at the 25. Just made it too easy for offenses, especially those with above average QBs. Used to be a chance for the defense, but no more.

The only newer rule that's even more stupid than that one is changing the OT periods from 15 minutes down to 10, greatly increasing the probability for ties, which are the worst thing to happen in an NFL match.

I hope they do nix the 17 game season idea, but the 7-team per conference playoff format was at least a decade overdue tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No doubt who the MVP is so far. And without the need of stat whoring TD's of less than 10 yards like uncle Tom, tbh.
    Big Rottenburger?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Nope, the guy that leads the league on yards and rating, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nope, the guy that leads the league on yards and rating, tbh.
    yup, but BR is 10-0 and it's hard to argue with that tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Carr played near flawless and we killed 2 drives trying to establish the run on first and second downs. agholors drop was massive. i had no doubt mahomes was going to come away with a TD that last drive.

raiders got bailed out with the non call on intentional grounding, but chiefs got bailed out with the terrible PI call to set up first and goal earlier, so i didnt think it swung big either way.

of a game, cant even be mad.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Carr played near flawless and we killed 2 drives trying to establish the run on first and second downs. agholors drop was massive. i had no doubt mahomes was going to come away with a TD that last drive.

raiders got bailed out with the non call on intentional grounding, but chiefs got bailed out with the terrible PI call to set up first and goal earlier, so i didnt think it swung big either way.

of a game, cant even be mad.
    Can't be mad with a hard-fought season split against the best coached team/best quarterbacked team in football. Carr was definitely "up for the challenge" in both meetings.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Should be a good MNF for a change.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Can't be mad with a hard-fought season split against the best coached team/best quarterbacked team in football. Carr was definitely "up for the challenge" in both meetings.
    Outside of their early interest in making a play for Tom GOAT Brady, I always thought the national media blew the "Is Carr's time in Vegas running out" narrative way out of proportion. Gruden clearly liked him, and Carr individually played pretty well for most of 2019 as well. The Mariota signing added fuel to the fire... but really it never seemed Carr's job was being threatened unless he had a complete face-plant season.

One of the big knocks on Carr in recent years had also been that he tended to shrivel against KC, which had been true. But this year his two best games of the season have come against the Chiefs, and tbh he played nearly flawless last night. That just came down to "who has the ball last" (not counting a 28 second possession needing to score a TD).

The Raiders still have a road to the playoffs with head to head matchups against the Colts/Dolphins left, in addition to some weaker compe ion like Atlana/Jets/Broncos, + a home game against the Chargers.

Andy Dalton looked pretty competent now that Zach Martin was back in the line up. Cowboys looked better in the red zone as well then compared to the first couple weeks.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Outside of their early interest in making a play for Tom GOAT Brady, I always thought the national media blew the "Is Carr's time in Vegas running out" narrative way out of proportion. Gruden clearly liked him, and Carr individually played pretty well for most of 2019 as well. The Mariota signing added fuel to the fire... but really it never seemed Carr's job was being threatened unless he had a complete face-plant season.

One of the big knocks on Carr in recent years had also been that he tended to shrivel against KC, which had been true. But this year his two best games of the season have come against the Chiefs, and tbh he played nearly flawless last night. That just came down to "who has the ball last" (not counting a 28 second possession needing to score a TD).

The Raiders still have a road to the playoffs with head to head matchups against the Colts/Dolphins left, in addition to some weaker compe ion like Atlana/Jets/Broncos, + a home game against the Chargers.
    yeah you'll defintely get into the playoffs with 3 wild card spots available.

I've never had Carr outside my top 15 since 2016, fwiw

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Andy Dalton looked pretty competent now that Zach Martin was back in the line up. Cowboys looked better in the red zone as well then compared to the first couple weeks.
    not just "in the line up", but at right tackle, the most important pass protection position on the modern NFL offensive line; since the best pass rushers of today play left end/left outside linebacker because it's a clearer shot to the quarterback for a right-handed edge rusher.

Terrence Steele at RT was just atrocious... might as well play with 4 offensive linemen in that case. Connor McGovern is a solid RG and should replace Williams at LG next year when the starting tackles return.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah you'll defintely get into the playoffs with 3 wild card spots available.

I've never had Carr outside my top 15 since 2016, fwiw
    while i think the non-elite QBs tend to be more or less products of their situation, i do think the version of Carr we've seen this year, particularly the 2 games against the Chiefs, are the best he's ever been. even better than his 2016 season.

what really stands out is the way he's been maneuvering in the pocket and dealing with pressure. he still has his moments but overall has looked much more comfortable sliding around and adjusting angles. there was even a play i saw yesterday that looked just like Peyton with the old jitterbug feet. was really cool to see.

i dont think he missed a throw all game besides the last INT in desperation mode. he suffered a handful of drops but they kept scoring anyway.

whats been disappointing is the lack of productivity from Ruggs and Edwards (edwards has missed most of the year), especially when CeeDee is making spectacular hopkins-like plays already

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    while i think the non-elite QBs tend to be more or less products of their situation, i do think the version of Carr we've seen this year, particularly the 2 games against the Chiefs, are the best he's ever been. even better than his 2016 season.

what really stands out is the way he's been maneuvering in the pocket and dealing with pressure. he still has his moments but overall has looked much more comfortable sliding around and adjusting angles. there was even a play i saw yesterday that looked just like Peyton with the old jitterbug feet. was really cool to see.

i dont think he missed a throw all game besides the last INT in desperation mode. he suffered a handful of drops but they kept scoring anyway.

whats been disappointing is the lack of productivity from Ruggs and Edwards (edwards has missed most of the year), especially when CeeDee is making spectacular hopkins-like plays already
    Yep, he was great

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    especially when CeeDee is making spectacular hopkins-like plays already
    I love CeeDee and he is indeed very Hopkins like, but I think Justin Jefferson and Chase Claypool overall are better... they're better route runners imo, like faster versions of Keenan AllenR

Ruggs is more Desean Jackson... he's going to stretch the field, mostly be a decoy, his production won't be great especially in terms of catches, he might do damage as a returner, and he will miss a third of every season with some misc injury (usually hamstrings).

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I love CeeDee and he is indeed very Hopkins like, but I think Justin Jefferson and Chase Claypool overall are better... they're better route runners imo, like faster versions of Keenan AllenR

Ruggs is more Desean Jackson... he's going to stretch the field, mostly be a decoy, his production won't be great especially in terms of catches, he might do damage as a returner, and he will miss a third of every season with some misc injury (usually hamstrings).
    Jefferson has been outstanding. He showed all the tools at LSU, was great at contested catches, showed good route running and a good catch radius. The big concern with him coming out was that he played on a stacked offense with Burrow, JaMar Chase was their #1 WR, and that Jefferson was playing almost exclusively out of the slot. There were legitimate concerns of whether he could be a true starting outside WR or if he was just going to be a big slot guy like Juju (not that there isn't value in that role). When he ran a good 40 time, it told scouts he had legit outside WR potential, but it still involved projection.

Vikings did really well moving Diggs for a 1st rounder (and not having to pay him) while landing Jefferson who will likely turn in a 1200+ yard rookie season.

I'd still easily take CeeDee over Claypool though

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

Gruden needs to take a page out of Andy Reid's book and use Ruggs like Hill. Use him on jet sweeps, screens, and quick slants. If you only have him going deep, he's not going to get involved much in games, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jefferson has been outstanding. He showed all the tools at LSU, was great at contested catches, showed good route running and a good catch radius. The big concern with him coming out was that he played on a stacked offense with Burrow, JaMar Chase was their #1 WR, and that Jefferson was playing almost exclusively out of the slot. There were legitimate concerns of whether he could be a true starting outside WR or if he was just going to be a big slot guy like Juju (not that there isn't value in that role). When he ran a good 40 time, it told scouts he had legit outside WR potential, but it still involved projection.

Vikings did really well moving Diggs for a 1st rounder (and not having to pay him) while landing Jefferson who will likely turn in a 1200+ yard rookie season.

I'd still easily take CeeDee over Claypool though
    yeah they came out about even in the Diggs trade getting Jefferson and it's a win because the latter is on a rookie deal and the former is a prima donna and an AB headcase waiting to happen. But the Vikings got a lot worse on defense and it shows.

I'd definitely take CeeDee over Jeudy, Ruggs or Reagor... Mims has turned out to be awful... Jefferson I would rank as my WR1 so far... it's a toss up between CeeDee/Claypool but the latter has better stats.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah they came out about even in the Diggs trade getting Jefferson and it's a win because the latter is on a rookie deal and the former is a prima donna and an AB headcase waiting to happen. But the Vikings got a lot worse on defense and it shows.

I'd definitely take CeeDee over Jeudy, Ruggs or Reagor... Mims has turned out to be awful... Jefferson I would rank as my WR1 so far... it's a toss up between CeeDee/Claypool but the latter has better stats.
    think its way too early to judge mims. he's only played like 3 games or something and it's been with Flacco/Gase . i still think he's a real player.

i dont think ruggs/reagor/jeudy are really in the discussion yet, they dont look like they're going to be real impact guys year 1. that used to be the case for most WR's, that they'd start slower and build up in years 2 or 3. but with all the amazing rookies last year (in what was not supposed to be a great WR class), and with guys like jefferson/lamb/claypool hitting the ground running, thats almost becoming the expectation now.

but its way way too early to be writing any of these guys off.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    think its way too early to judge mims. he's only played like 3 games or something and it's been with Flacco/Gase . i still think he's a real player.

i dont think ruggs/reagor/jeudy are really in the discussion yet, they dont look like they're going to be real impact guys year 1. that used to be the case for most WR's, that they'd start slower and build up in years 2 or 3. but with all the amazing rookies last year (in what was not supposed to be a great WR class), and with guys like jefferson/lamb/claypool hitting the ground running, thats almost becoming the expectation now.

but its way way too early to be writing any of these guys off.
    agree, but look at the 2016 class, it was hyped up as a very good class and all of the top ones turned out to be a bust. Michael Thomas wasn't drafted until day two. 2017 was fairly similar tbh. People said give them time, but in the modern NFL it's a "hit the ground running or hit the road jack" league, guys like Treadwell and Doctson and Coleman and John Ross were can't miss prospects, that just didn't make it in the NFL

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Ramsey bailed the Bucs out with that stupid penalty. Brady was already in deep in the pocket.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    How many food stamps do the Rams plan to gift the Bucs?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How many food stamps do the Rams plan to gift the Bucs?
    All black officiating crew, so MAGA Brady gets all the calls. Go figure.

Thread Information