Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Look at Miami sitting pretty there at 6-3.

#Tank4Tua operation success in Miami from day one. They were able to end the Patriots' dynasty on their last offensive play of last year and win that game, finish 4-12 and still land the best QB and player of the 2020 NFL Draft.

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/...0lQeT8_mW3vc2I

Burrow showing that yes, being a rookie QB in the NFL is hard... but Tu'a apparently doesn't think so.

Making it look easy out there. Even won a shootout in Kyler Murray's house. Destroyed the LA Rams. Will win the division, IMO, they just have to win that final game at Buffalo.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    also, no doubt Bama wins the NCAA championship last year if Tu'a the Great doesn't get hurt, tbh.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Tua has the much better team around him, that doesn't mean he's better than Burrow or even Herbert, tbh.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    No one was beating that LSU team last year. Five first round draft picks, 14 overall draft picks, and that's not even counting the players who weren't eligible to be drafted yet (Stingley, possibly the best CB in college football and the best WR in college football Jamar Chase who won the Bilitnekoff award). The game was over at halftime regardless of the close final score. LSU hung 33 points in the first half like it was effortless. It was probably the best offense in the history of college football. Tua doesn't play defense. The "no doubt Bama wins" is just pure bull and a very uninformed comment.

Burrow is on an awful Bengals team that is just beginning a rebuild. Miami has been in rebuild for a few years and has nice pieces around Tua. Maybe Tua turns out better than Burrow, maybe not. But LSU was not being beat last year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No one was beating that LSU team last year. Five first round draft picks, 14 overall draft picks, and that's not even counting the players who weren't eligible to be drafted yet (Stingley, possibly the best CB in college football and the best WR in college football Jamar Chase who won the Bilitnekoff award). The game was over at halftime regardless of the close final score. LSU hung 33 points in the first half like it was effortless. It was probably the best offense in the history of college football. Tua doesn't play defense. The "no doubt Bama wins" is just pure bull and a very uninformed comment.

Burrow is on an awful Bengals team that is just beginning a rebuild. Miami has been in rebuild for a few years and has nice pieces around Tua. Maybe Tua turns out better than Burrow, maybe not. But LSU was not being beat last year.
    Burrow being drafted over Tu'a is a classic case of recency effect. If it were 2019 then Tu'a would have been clearly #1 and Burrow would be lucky to have been drafted on day two.

But, LSU comes out of nowhere to win the championship, Burrow becomes an NCAAF legend in one season, Tu'a gets injured, so like I said... recency bias.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tua has the much better team around him, that doesn't mean he's better than Burrow or even Herbert, tbh.
    the Chargers are much better than the Dolphins, QBs not withstanding.

The Dolphins solidly beat the Chargers because of the difference in quarterbacksPERIOD.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    the Chargers are much better than the Dolphins, QBs not withstanding.

The Dolphins solidly beat the Chargers because of the difference in quarterbacksPERIOD.
    lol what?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    The Dolphins were winning games with ing Fitzpatrick.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Burrow being drafted over Tu'a is a classic case of recency effect. If it were 2019 then Tu'a would have been clearly #1 and Burrow would be lucky to have been drafted on day two.

But, LSU comes out of nowhere to win the championship, Burrow becomes an NCAAF legend in one season, Tu'a gets injured, so like I said... recency bias.
    Maybe. But that doesn't change the fact that last year's LSU TEAM was never losing to Alabama's TEAM. Also, I doubt the Bengals have buyer's remorse right now, especially once Tua gets hurt again and again.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Dolphins were winning games with ing Fitzpatrick.
    lolwut? they beat Jacksonville and were 1-3, including not being able to move the ball against New England the whole game even though half their defense opted out of the season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Maybe. But that doesn't change the fact that last year's LSU TEAM was never losing to Alabama's TEAM. Also, I doubt the Bengals have buyer's remorse right now, especially once Tua gets hurt again and again.
    Buffalo will have buyer's remorse very soon, and the 2016 and 2018 QB draft classes are looking particularly awful, 2017 and 2019 one hit wonders

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    lolwut? they beat Jacksonville and were 1-3, including not being able to move the ball against New England the whole game even though half their defense opted out of the season.
    lol what? x 3

The Dolphins were on a 2 games winning streak when the Dolphins benched Fitzpatrick.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol what? x 3

The Dolphins were on a 2 games winning streak when the Dolphins benched Fitzpatrick.
    they put in Tua after dispatching 1 team that's injury depleted like no other and the worst team football has seen since the 2017 Browns.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    they put in Tua after dispatching 1 team that's injury depleted like no other and the worst team football has seen since the 2017 Browns.
    In other words, they were on a 2 games winning streak.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    In other words, they were on a 2 games winning streak.
    against bottom feeders... the Bengals could have done that with Burrow... but look at how Burrow fared against the Steelers, who the Cowboys almost beat with a 3rd string QB making plays. Tu'a would have kept Miami close or perhaps beat the Steelers.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    against bottom feeders... the Bengals could have done that with Burrow... but look at how Burrow fared against the Steelers, who the Cowboys almost beat with a 3rd string QB making plays. Tu'a would have kept Miami close or perhaps beat the Steelers.
    Maybe, but because the Dolphins >>>> the Bengals.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Maybe, but because the Dolphins >>>> the Bengals.
    How so?

Neither have a good offensive line, but with young mobile QBs that is less important I guess (Dak fell into the dream scenario in 2016)

AJ Green is the best receiver for either team. Tight end wise is iffy on both sides.

Defenses are roughly equal.

Flores is probably the better of the two coaches.

I wouldn't give one team, sans QB, distinct advantage over the other. Last year, with mostly the same rosters intact, Miami was better but by a hair, but definitely not in the first half of last season.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    How so?

Neither have a good offensive line, but with young mobile QBs that is less important I guess (Dak fell into the dream scenario in 2016)

AJ Green is the best receiver for either team. Tight end wise is iffy on both sides.

Defenses are roughly equal.

Flores is probably the better of the two coaches.

I wouldn't give one team, sans QB, distinct advantage over the other. Last year, with mostly the same rosters intact, Miami was better but by a hair, but definitely not in the first half of last season.
    Miami is the 5th ranked defense in terms of ppg allowed, Cincinatti 24th.

Tua's yards on the 3 games he started so far: 93, 248, 169. Those are awful numbers

Outside of a few plays vs the Cardinals, Tua, so far, has been a game manager that is being carried by a very good team.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Miami is the 5th ranked defense in terms of ppg allowed, Cincinatti 24th.

Tua's yards on the 3 games he started so far: 93, 248, 169. Those are awful numbers

Outside of a few plays vs the Cardinals, Tua, so far, has been a game manager that is being carried by a very good team.
    fitpatrick scored less than half of what the jets scored on the Patriots.

also...the Zona game matters the most. The best QBs get up against the best opponents. The average QBs lose like 38-10 to a division rival.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    fitpatrick scored less than half of what the jets scored on the Patriots.

also...the Zona game matters the most. The best QBs get up against the best opponents. The average QBs lose like 38-10 to a division rival.
    Dude, Tua right now is a game manager. He may end up being the better QB of the rookie ones, but so far, he hasn't proved it.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Andy’s takes are so incredibly stupid

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Andy’s takes are so incredibly stupid
    I seriously don’t even know why I bother responding to them anymore.
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 11-19-2020 at 12:36 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Herbert >= Burrow >>>>> Tua

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Herbert >= Burrow >>>>> Tua
    Herbert >>>>> Tua? Did you miss Week 10 by any chance?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Burrow was drafted over Tua because Tua is an undersized lefty. It has nothing to do with recency effect. I’d much rather have Herbert or Burrow than Tua.

Thread Information