Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that they have no championship aspirations they are never going to give up Wiseman. Wiseman is the only positive thing they have going for them.
    Or exactly the opposite, do everything and use all future assets to fill the void of klay not to throw away the few years left in Steph

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Oubre trade and their GM said they are looking to use the disabled player exemption they seem to be going all in. Should be around $10 million I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA/DPR for Wiggins/Wiseman/Future 1st imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do it but I don’t think the warriors would do it but the spurs should still try it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do it but I don’t think the warriors would do it but the spurs should still try it.
    They need to try for some variation of that trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think that works for both teams

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The money doesn’t work. I don’t think Wiseman counts for any cap hit until he’s under contract, and once he’s under contract can’t he traded right away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The money doesn’t work. I don’t think Wiseman counts for any cap hit until he’s under contract, and once he’s under contract can’t he traded right away.
    Add salary filler tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying such a trade is likely but Wiseman's contract situation wouldn't be that much of a problem. Usually it's like 2 months before a rookie can be traded, think the Love-Wiggins trade happened some time in August.Now that the offseason is shorter everything will be happening quicker, so I imagine if they still wanted to do this ,it'd happen before the start of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying such a trade is likely but Wiseman's contract situation wouldn't be that much of a problem. Usually it's like 2 months before a rookie can be traded, think the Love-Wiggins trade happened some time in August.Now that the offseason is shorter everything will be happening quicker, so I imagine if they still wanted to do this ,it'd happen before the start of the season.
    30 days after he sign contract he can be traded

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add salary filler tbh.
    What salary filler? The Warriors don’t have any outside of Looney.

Lamarcus + Demar = $51.7mm, which is 120% or less than the 125% + $100k limit

Wiggins + Wiseman + Looney = $43.1mm

So that works, but not sure Wiseman’s salary counts in trades until he is signed, and he can’t be traded after he’s signed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The possibility of a trade here is if they decide to download Thompson contract... And with him Wiggins and Wiseman rights... Then could work for DDR LMA and gay...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The possibility of a trade here is if they decide to download Thompson contract... And with him Wiggins and Wiseman rights... Then could work for DDR LMA and gay...
    Thompson has 160m/4yrs left and he will unlikely to be same again after this injury. Wiggins has 95m/3yrs left and is way overpaid. Wiseman is not enough to convince Spurs to take on two gigantic contracts like these.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thompson has 160m/4yrs left and he will unlikely to be same again after this injury. Wiggins has 95m/3yrs left and is way overpaid. Wiseman is not enough to convince Spurs to take on two gigantic contracts like these.
    its true, but you have to consider the small market implications (no appeal in free agency). Imho that's a trade that if proposed has to be made. Wiggins, for ho nmuch immature, is still young and under contract for years, and has objectively the phisical tools to still be converted in a useful player with the right tutelage and if he buys in a new way of thinking and behaving (difficult, I know, but if our environment can't, nobody can). Thompson, I agree, is a big big risk, but looks like his surgery has been perfect, and takes with him a double reason to be included in our situation: 1) he looks at least one more year away from coming back, so gives time to our young guys (1 or 1 and 1/2 seasons) to develop; 2) his best tool is the outside shooting...that is not only one of our major needs, but its a skill that, also for a person probably limited because of the surgery, can still remain solid because not so connected with the top athleticism.
    Wiseman is the main reason for accepting such a trade, I agree, it just depends how much he's considered by Spurs FO.

For GS that's the typical win now trade. With no Thompson at a decent enough shape for at least 1 years and a half, they just have to decide their path for next 2 seasons. If they prefer to be out of play offs again (and that's more than probable, considering how strong the west is nowadays) or if they want to try again at least to be in the number of contenders. They know that all of DDR, LMA and Gay are play offs experienced, actually taking with them a lot more value for win now situations than what can all of the players in the package (Wiseman is a rookie with big doubts about what he will really become, Wiggins has still to play a minute in their system, is probably not so perfect for it and actually, because of his not that good level of playing in last years and his bloated contract, is considered a negative asset; Thompson is out and in any case a big if about kind of player will he be after 1 or 2 years and rehab) in contract years so no reason not to play at the best of their capabilities, expecially in a possible contending situation.

Imho, considered both teams actual situations, its not that bad for both.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay is done as a star. If he works hard, he'll end up like Rose, but perhaps better because the man is still a sniper...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that’s probably why the trade never happened. The excess salary taken on just for Wiggins is about $70M. My guess is that GS wanted LMA +11 for Wiggins + 2, and SA wanted to do LMA for Wiggins, #2, and Minny’s pick for next year, a difference of two first rounders for us.

Thread Information