Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did the Spurs have holes when you really think about it. I assume you're talking about the current roster, which is at least two deep at every position. If you're talking about the future, then it doesn't make sense to complain. The goal should be to get the best players, not to try to make a young starting five that won't stay together anyway.
    Agreed. Should take the best available player. And that was not Vassell. Not a fan of him at all. Our big holes are a 3/4 combo forward that can guard the perimeter and the big All star players like Lebron, Kawhitter, George, and KD. And an aggressive rebounding defensive minded 4/5 post player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs probably saw the writing on the wall when Lonnie signed with Klutch... and vice versa. Lonnie is probably preparing to make that money elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pissed that the Suns took Jalen Smith right before our pick.

Vassell hopefully can bulk up a bit and be able To guard NBA 3's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Should take the best available player. And that was not Vassell. Not a fan of him at all.
    Sure, but they are, so they have to take him.

Our big holes are a 3/4 combo forward that can guard the perimeter and the big All star players like Lebron, Kawhitter, George, and KD. And an aggressive rebounding defensive minded 4/5 post player.
    I don't see that as a hole. First, Leonard and George have never been guys you need size against. Second, if the Spurs are even in a position again to where guarding Lebron or Durant is a problem, it'll be because a lot of things worked out for them. Their goal has to be to become good enough to where they have to fill holes to make a le run. There's no point in filling those holes if you believe there's a guy with a better chance at being a difference-maker going forward.

Also practically speaking, PF is a full position. You could totally argue they should move some of those PFs, but a young player at that position would definitely be in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clinton was

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either Lonnie is the odd man out or he is going to have to be the JUICE off the bench. I don't see Lonnie beating Vassell in the rotation. (in a year or two when DeMar is gone)
    I think Lonnie is a better fit as the first guy off the bench. He has that energy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Lonnie is a better fit as the first guy off the bench. He has that energy.
    That's fine with me. Hopefully, he can put aside any ego to accept that role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he come off screens well? Bc we could use him as a Klay Thompson lite if he does. There’s a lot of potential with this pick... still wanted Kira tho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fine with me. Hopefully, he can put aside any ego to accept that role.
    I don’t see him starting over Derozan or White, which are the two positions he could play so he has no choice. Know what I mean? I would love having an improved Walker IV being the first man off the bench.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember a comedian talking about finding a girlfriend, post-nuclear apocalypse: "Wellll... she's not too badly burned." That's what the Spurs offseasons are starting to feel like. I hope they find another Keldon Johnson with the second pick. I don't hate Vassell, but I sure as don't feel elated about the pick.

Bane just went to the Grizz. Maybe there's still hope for Nwora at 41.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember a comedian talking about finding a girlfriend, post-nuclear apocalypse: "Wellll... she's not too badly burned." That's what the Spurs offseasons are starting to feel like. I hope they find another Keldon Johnson with the second pick. I don't hate Vassell, but I sure as don't feel elated about the pick.

Bane just went to the Grizz. Maybe there's still hope for Nwora at 41.
    Nwora would make this draft much much better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Vassell play Defense and hit is decent percentage of shots-if so good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Development-wise, my hope is that Vassell tones the down with the stupid Kobe shots. Hope he gets coached well (that's a given)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but they are, so they have to take him.

I don't see that as a hole. First, Leonard and George have never been guys you need size against. Second, if the Spurs are even in a position again to where guarding Lebron or Durant is a problem, it'll be because a lot of things worked out for them. Their goal has to be to become good enough to where they have to fill holes to make a le run. There's no point in filling those holes if you believe there's a guy with a better chance at being a difference-maker going forward.

Also practically speaking, PF is a full position. You could totally argue they should move some of those PFs, but a young player at that position would definitely be in Austin.
    Yes PF is full of players but not good players. SG is full of players that are good. Do you think Vassell gets sent to Austin? Think there is a good chance he does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Vassell play Defense and hit is decent percentage of shots-if so good
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...9#post10341859

He gambles for steals on defense. He has good anticipation. As far as positional defense, he will struggle there because of his lack of strength and frame. He matches up well with quick guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did the Spurs have holes when you really think about it. I assume you're talking about the current roster, which is at least two deep at every position. If you're talking about the future, then it doesn't make sense to complain.
    Have you've forgotten you're on ST?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he come off screens well? Bc we could use him as a Klay Thompson lite if he does. There’s a lot of potential with this pick... still wanted Kira tho
    I haven’t seen the video of him allegedly changing his shooting form, but the Spurs worked him out and I trust them to have judged his shot well. I am really excited about having a wing that is a shooter and spoke of himself as a SG preferably. We just haven’t had that guy who just wanted to shoot (and did it well) since Davis Bertans was traded and Pop didn’t play Davis enough for his defensive problems (but was perfectly fine playing Marco and Bryn). Just having a guy who can move off the ball looking to shoot and who is not a defensive traffic cone can do wonders for the team. Maybe I am a prisoner of the moment but I am excited they got a shooter who can only get better from here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a stupid argument. Basketball is becoming more and more position-less every year. You can never have too many versatile 6-5 and up guys.
    Exactly. The NBA is all about small ball. I thought Pop's small ball lineups at the end of last season in the bubble were solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woodard is in our sight boiiz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes PF is full of players but not good players. SG is full of players that are good. Do you think Vassell gets sent to Austin? Think there is a good chance he does.
    I mean the players at PF are probably at least as good as the ones at SG (counting DMDR as a SF). I'm comfortable projecting Vassell to Austin. Most of the players picked in this draft would've been in Austin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tillie? N'doye?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the players picked in this draft would've been in Austin under Pop.

FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean the players at PF are probably at least as good as the ones at SG (counting DMDR as a SF). I'm comfortable projecting Vassell to Austin. Most of the players picked in this draft would've been in Austin.
    You dont think the top 15 this year were NBA ready?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why are y'all talking about Austin? It ain't even sure if there will be a G-League season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why are y'all talking about Austin? It ain't even sure if there will be a G-League season
    Because they're indoctrinated to think that it'd be nearly impossible for any rookie to contribute right away and that Austin is the only development route that makes sense.

Thread Information