He better not get buried in the g league by pop lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously...such a breath of fresh air since Kawhi left...Spurs were so much starved of lengthy defensive guards..has lot better game sense than DJ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looked good and we might have at worst another Danny Green and at best a special prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The screen capture above is why I believe Devin is not too tall. He may be DeMar's exact height though.

But consider that it's not a perfect screen capture, it is possible for Devin to be taller than DeMar (but probably not by much)

Again, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. NBA is positionless these days and Devin's strength comes down to off ball defense anyway, so his strengths will still be utilized.

I do feel it reinforces the idea that Keldon will be guarding the bigger wing if both of them are on the court together.

Will post more screen caps when there are ones available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White 6’4 , Vassell 6’7, Keldon 6’6 / 6’7, DeMar 6’6, Lamarcus 6’11 is a pretty big line up. Keep your eye on Diop......we may have stole him!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's clearly NBA ready. It really bothers me that Luka just might not have it, whatever it is. Because it's clear as day Devin has it and that pop sees it...which means pop isn't seeing it from Luka.
    Devin, KJ and White all appear to be hits over the past four drafts (five first rounders). Not bad for a team never drafting better than 11 (and usually late teens at best). If Walker and Luka are the big question marks, you’ve done okay. Walker is probably a 9th or 10th man at worst, and Luka is a lottery ticket. I still think Luka doesn’t amount to much, but nobody would be complaining if KJ and Luka picks were reversed.

Yes, maybe it’s an overreaction after one preseason game with Vassell, but he looked like he belonged from day 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's gonna be a stat filler like Manu if his first game is any indication.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really loved Devin's play out there in his first NBA preseason game. I think he could be good enough to warrant being in the regular rotation THIS season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin, KJ and White all appear to be hits over the past four drafts (five first rounders). Not bad for a team never drafting better than 11 (and usually late teens at best). If Walker and Luka are the big question marks, you’ve done okay. Walker is probably a 9th or 10th man at worst, and Luka is a lottery ticket. I still think Luka doesn’t amount to much, but nobody would be complaining if KJ and Luka picks were reversed.

Yes, maybe it’s an overreaction after one preseason game with Vassell, but he looked like he belonged from day 1.
    Exactly. Can't get them all. Especially when you usually pick late. I'm happy we got it right with KJ, White, and now likely Devin. You could even argue there was a good reason for drafting the other guys, which is they had to go with high ceiling prospects even with the high risks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Vassell is the real deal ( there will be bumps & bruises but the kid has it ); bro if people on this board don’t recognize our draft prowess, don’t waste your time explaining!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These are my thoughts, too. This is a pretty great hit rate, with these players still showing more potential (obvs. for Vassell). Dejounte Murray was a hit, too; I just don't think this is the team for him. Samanic looks like Livio or Milutinov.

I'll add Tre Jones, who I think people are sleeping on in a big way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything, the play at :45 excites me the most. It shows a rookie without tunnel vision, who is making a natural if veteran pass in open play. At 2:14 we see his vaunted help defense. He was sniffing out the roll but then blew up the cut. Other players might have to become aware of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is the real deal ( there will be bumps & bruises but the kid has it ); bro if people on this board don’t recognize our draft prowess, don’t waste your time explaining!
    He was responding to me. I didn't question our draft prowess in the slightest. I questioned Lukas development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The screen capture above is why I believe Devin is not too tall. He may be DeMar's exact height though.

But consider that it's not a perfect screen capture, it is possible for Devin to be taller than DeMar (but probably not by much)

Again, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. NBA is positionless these days and Devin's strength comes down to off ball defense anyway, so his strengths will still be utilized.

I do feel it reinforces the idea that Keldon will be guarding the bigger wing if both of them are on the court together.

Will post more screen caps when there are ones available.
    I definitely think Keldon will be given the bigger/better wing assignment, regardless of Devin's height. Not only does it play to both Devin and Keldon's strengths (off-ball and on-ball defense, respectively), but Keldon's body is much stronger and visibly bulkier than Devin's, which you always want for your primary defender. Dude is built like a brick house. I don't care how tall or short Vassell is, as long as he keeps disrupting the weakside, tbh. You don't defend with the top of your head, and he certainly looks like he knows how to D up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already like him more than Lonnie and the other young guys, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White, Vassell and Keldon is a pretty damn Nice 2-way perimeter for years to come, tbh. We just need that 6-8 foot star and we are set. Not that it would easy to get but you catch my drift.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White, Vassell and Keldon is a pretty damn Nice 2-way perimeter for years to come, tbh. We just need that 6-8 foot star and we are set. Not that it would easy to get but you catch my drift.
    I agree with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White 6’4 , Vassell 6’7, Keldon 6’6 / 6’7, DeMar 6’6, Lamarcus 6’11 is a pretty big line up. Keep your eye on Diop......we may have stole him!
    Keldon might be taller than 6’6. The kid just keeps on getting bigger. I expect him to be the one-on-one stopper, while Vassell can feast on steals

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah White, Keldon, and Vassell or all 3 definitely keepers and all 3 are all really good defenders and you can add Poodle to the defensive mix that a tough unit to score on. My only concern going forward is White feet man it seems he always has something wrong or just nagging injuries all season long. If he has another year we’re he misses a lot of time I think we might have to consider either using our first pick on a PG or sign a Vet PG to be insurance

You know I hope Vassell is told when he plays in G League game to go all out on offense I want to see what he can really do if he is told to be main offensive threat for the whole game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn impressive first outing from Vassell. What a great combination of savvy, instincts, skill and composure. Such an old-school type.
    There are so many solid plays from him for game 1. He seems to understand the Spurs way better than several of the older, seasoned players.
    Lots to be excited about here. If this is the tip of the iceberg of who he is, I am beyond excited. He should be starting by game 10 if not sooner.
    What struck me the most was the precision of his timing on both offense and defense. That's hard to teach.

Pippen-esque stat line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will eventually go to a bigger market in a few years

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will eventually go to a bigger market in a few years
    I hope not��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He a baller, that's fo sho.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to leapfrog Lonnie in the rotation. And if dejounte continues to be inconsistent he might get leap frogged too.

Thread Information