Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin’s countenance reminds me of an old-school type player. Not a superstar, maybe not an All-Star, but a very good pro for 10+ yrs, barring injury. He’s focused, looks relaxed, confident, plays within the system, and seems like his IQ is very high. It’s quite a sight to see a rookie who know where he needs to be on the floor to this degree. He is attuned to so many of the details of the game and Spurs sets. To me, fitting in and finding ways to adjust and contribute to the NBA game is job #1.
    He’s doing a fantastic job, couldn’t ask for much more at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad there was no tournament last season; FSU was going to have a nice run.
    that was a good thing. he wouldnt have made it to the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin’s countenance reminds me of an old-school type player. Not a superstar, maybe not an All-Star, but a very good pro for 10+ yrs, barring injury. He’s focused, looks relaxed, confident, plays within the system, and seems like his IQ is very high. It’s quite a sight to see a rookie who know where he needs to be on the floor to this degree. He is attuned to so many of the details of the game and Spurs sets. To me, fitting in and finding ways to adjust and contribute to the NBA game is job #1.
    He’s doing a fantastic job, couldn’t ask for much more at this point.
    Funny, he reminded me a little of Eddie Johnson (the one who played for the Kings and PHX), only with better defensive skills, when I first saw him play.

I like what he brings. He, Keldon and White (if he can get healthy) would give us a nice young core. If Walker and Murray can also reach their potential (not as sure on those two) that's a good young group of players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He already looks like a good 3-D player. Don't know how good he can become but it looks like in the worst case scenario he's going to be a very good role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't snap a good photo but from the looks of it he looks about an inch taller than DeMar. I could be wrong and he could be shorter. Just waiting for the perfect snapshot, since we'll never get accurate measurements.

This Vassell one above was a perfect one because he picked DeMar up from behind and the angle of the camera is good.
    Keldon is not an inch taller than Demar. he is probably slightly shorter but about the same height.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly think Devin has a high ceiling, he just needs to bulk up some. The fact that he has been able to contribute so much without summer league or much training with the team is incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is not an inch taller than Demar. he is probably slightly shorter but about the same height.
    Probably true. I said it was a possibility.

Something about Keldon's body makes him more suitable for bigger NBA positions than DeMar. Maybe because it's wider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny, he reminded me a little of Eddie Johnson (the one who played for the Kings and PHX), only with better defensive skills, when I first saw him play.

I like what he brings. He, Keldon and White (if he can get healthy) would give us a nice young core. If Walker and Murray can also reach their potential (not as sure on those two) that's a good young group of players.
    Scottie Pippen for me. Devin will be a very good 2way player. Murray/Vassell/Keldon will be the next big 3. If Luka pans out, Spurs would be elite in a very long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure hope he grows. It's rare though. We got lucky with Keldon growing.
    These are younger kids now that are getting drafted, unlike before. Drob grew almost a foot in his senior year in high school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something about Keldon's body makes him more suitable for bigger NBA positions than DeMar.
    Keldon's standing reach is 8-foot-8, which is what you'd expect from someone who is ~6-foot-8. The Spurs accounted for his short neck when they drafted him, interestingly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably true. I said it was a possibility.

Something about Keldon's body makes him more suitable for bigger NBA positions than DeMar. Maybe because it's wider.
    slightly on the upper body side but I figure Demar’s legs and positioning down there are much stronger than Keldon. Demar’s problem is he just doesn’t know how to defend well. Keldon long term at the four will wear him out. He is a SG/SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is amazing. I know Derrick is hurt. But the kid needs this kind of minutes even when White gets back.
    He's just so natural. Defense, he just knows where to go. He's not afraid to take 3pt shots.

This kid is a stud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is amazing. I know Derrick is hurt. But the kid needs this kind of minutes even when White gets back.
    He's just so natural. Defense, he just knows where to go. He's not afraid to take 3pt shots.

This kid is a stud.
    54% 3PT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense was legit tonight tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That steal off that pass to Davis under the basket, that was just knowing where to go. And there we several. The kid just has great defensive feel for the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This kid is a stud.
    There's really no reason to leave Vassell out of the rotation when White gets back.

Murray
    Walker
    DeRozan
    Keldon
    Aldridge

White
    Mills
    Vassell
    Gay
    Poeltl

Pretty straight forward, tbh. I don't know why Pop didn't play him the couple of games Derrick played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's really no reason to leave Vassell out of the rotation when White gets back.

Murray
    Walker
    DeRozan
    Keldon
    Aldridge

White
    Mills
    Vassell
    Gay
    Poeltl

Pretty straight forward, tbh. I don't know why Pop didn't play him the couple of games Derrick played.
    Maybe conditioning, but Vassell should've earned his minutes by the way he's playing. Great stuff.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Devin works on his handle over the summer, it's over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That steal off that pass to Davis under the basket, that was just knowing where to go. And there we several. The kid just has great defensive feel for the game.
    Yeah that was a great play don't see many player in the NBA doing that, even the commentator said that alot of play will just give up in that play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those two key rebounds in the 4th.

He's got a nose for the ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte and Devin has those go go gadget arms! I would love the lineup of DJ, Dev,KJ,DD,LA, bring Lonnie & White in to time kill a second team lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love what I’m seeing from the young man so far on the court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, Devin may not be scoring a lot, but I like what he is doing out there on the court. He looks like he's going to be a very good player. Love what he does on the defensive side of the ball, and for me, defense always comes first, so I'll always likely be biased. Hopefully he works hard on his offense and becomes a great two-way player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information