Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With white coming back, where will his minutes come from? Fifteen games in Orlando over 25 days won’t kill him or us, and could do him good, from an offensive development standpoint. If the baby Spurs miss the playoffs, he’d be back for pretty much the entire second half of the schedule.
    Yeah that sounds like a good plan...just don't want him buried there as has been the case with rookies past but like you said he should have plenty of time with the big league club later on this season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Devin continues to get more reps doing these:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?Ga...0AST)&sct=plot

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?Ga...0AST)&sct=plot

Then we have our next Rip Hamilton/ Khris Middleton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting lineup should be
    La
    Ddr
    Devin
    KJ
    Murray

Lonnie should be the go to scorer on the 2nd unit
    Probably tbh, though that would mean less Mills, Walker, and Gay with White eating up at least 25 mpg once he's fully healthy and Vassell getting decent minutes.

Murray, Vassell, KJ, DDR, LMA
    Mills, White, Walker, Gay, Poeltl

Murray ~ 32 mpg
    Mills ~ 20 mpg
    Vassell ~ 20 mpg
    White ~ 28 mpg
    Johnson ~ 30 mpg
    Walker ~ 18 mpg
    DDR ~ 30 mpg
    Gay ~ 18 mpg
    LMA ~ 25 mpg
    Poeltl ~ 23 mpg

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is going to be special on both ends . That shooting action with high release point is unstoppable. Doesnt matter if you get a hand in face. get his shot.

Got benched for Lyles who gave nothing. Pop better remember that mistake.. hopefully the assistants remind him next game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is going to be special on both ends . That shooting action with high release point is unstoppable. Doesnt matter if you get a hand in face. get his shot.

Got benched for Lyles who gave nothing. Pop better remember that mistake.. hopefully the assistants remind him next game.
    I still don't understand that. The Spurs needed defense and Pop played Lyles instead who did pretty much nothing out there. Why was he in over Vassell? Why was Mills also in instead of Keldon?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't understand that. The Spurs needed defense and Pop played Lyles instead who did pretty much nothing out there. Why was he in over Vassell? Why was Mills also in instead of Keldon?
    I think the team was getting killed on the boards and Pop went with a big. But yeah, in general, I'd prefer Vassell instead. (I had modest hope that Lyles would have a better season, at least following up the end of his season last year with solid outside shooting, but that ship has passed.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the team was getting killed on the boards and Pop went with a big. But yeah, in general, I'd prefer Vassell instead. (I had modest hope that Lyles would have a better season, at least following up the end of his season last year with solid outside shooting, but that ship has passed.)
    Yup. You had Poodle, Rudy, and Lyles on one unit. Definitely a move to put some size on the floor.

Not sure you can expect anything from Lyles when he’s played a grand total of 110 minutes. He goes weeks without entering a game. Something obviously radically changed from last year. He has a lot of things we need, good size, shot 39% from 3, is really good on the boards, and can switch effectively on D. He’s a better option than Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. You had Poodle, Rudy, and Lyles on one unit. Definitely a move to put some size on the floor.

Not sure you can expect anything from Lyles when he’s played a grand total of 110 minutes. He goes weeks without entering a game. Something obviously radically changed from last year. He has a lot of things we need, good size, shot 39% from 3, is really good on the boards, and can switch effectively on D. He’s a better option than Rudy.
    Lyles is just willing to disappear and not exert himself. Rudy's old and slow, but he's got a little bit of passion in his bones still. I'd be happy never seeing Lyles enter a game. When I saw him come off the bench against Memphis I knew we were going to lose. I basically quit watching at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon, Vassell and DJ the next big 3. Wow and all 3 are elite 2way players too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is the manu of the group....... hopefully Lonnie gets consistent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in what universe is vassell elite on offense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in what universe is vassell elite on offense?
    Okay will be.. man give this fan a break

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree he shouldn’t have given Lyles so many minutes but he put him in over Devin because we were giving up offensive rebounds and points in the paint.

he should’ve rolled with Devin though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles is just willing to disappear and not exert himself. Rudy's old and slow, but he's got a little bit of passion in his bones still. I'd be happy never seeing Lyles enter a game. When I saw him come off the bench against Memphis I knew we were going to lose. I basically quit watching at that point.
    If you consider chucking shots to be passion, then yeah, Rudy’s got it. I’m not sure taking shots away from our developing cadre of young players is either a good current or future strategy. He’s only mediocre with on the ball on D, and is as bad as LMA on switches, and he really only shot well from 3 his first year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you consider chucking shots to be passion, then yeah, Rudy’s got it. I’m not sure taking shots away from our developing cadre of young players is either a good current or future strategy. He’s only mediocre with on the ball on D, and is as bad as LMA on switches, and he really only shot well from 3 his first year.
    I'd much rather see the young guys over Rudy. But I can say the same for LMA and Mills...in spite of Mills' strong shooting. I don't put Trey Lyles in the same classification as our young core. He was a scrap heap signing who happened to work out. At the end of the day, though, I still see Lyles as highly expendable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd much rather see the young guys over Rudy. But I can say the same for LMA and Mills...in spite of Mills' strong shooting. I don't put Trey Lyles in the same classification as our young core. He was a scrap heap signing who happened to work out. At the end of the day, though, I still see Lyles as highly expendable.
    He’s a better shooter, defender, and rebounder than Rudy, but I guess Pop feels the same way you do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps it's time to start Vassell over LW. Vassell can be effective without the ball in his hands while Walker just looks lost out there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps it's time to start Vassell over LW. Vassell can be effective without the ball in his hands while Walker just looks lost out there.
    I'm all for benching Lonnie. I believe Derrick White should be starting and finishing games. This is not the big three where you can bring a star like Manu off the bench when you have a Megastar Tim Duncan starting and an All-Star Tony Parker also starting. The current team needs all the talent it can get in the starting lineup. If he doesn't want to start D-White, then I'd also be happy with Vassell starting, but either way, I think Lonnie has lost that starting spot. He's done nothing to show that he should keep it. He's had two great games when Demar has been out, but apart from those two great games, he's been average to above average the rest of them IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for benching Lonnie. I believe Derrick White should be starting and finishing games. This is not the big three where you can bring a star like Manu off the bench when you have a Megastar Tim Duncan starting and an All-Star Tony Parker also starting. The current team needs all the talent it can get in the starting lineup. If he doesn't want to start D-White, then I'd also be happy with Vassell starting, but either way, I think Lonnie has lost that starting spot. He's done nothing to show that he should keep it. He's had two great games when Demar has been out, but apart from those two great games, he's been average to above average the rest of them IMO.
    I think Lonnie has been a net negative in most games. Heck, Mills is playing better defense than IV. His 2 games w/o DDR allowing him to tease us and then his subsequent return to background noise is all the more reason to bring him off the bench. See if more time without DDR on the floor allows him to play more aggressively. If he shines in the role for an extended period then you either trade Lonnie with his value high if you think you are going to re-sign DDR or if not, then trade DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m for starting White over Lonnie. 1. To fix the slow start. Spurs have been terrible in the 1st and 3rd quarters and the insertion of White as another creator and scorer could remedy that. 2. Lonnie doesn’t deserve to start, or could find his mojo back with the 2nd unit where he is expected to score more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should try this SL out:
    Jak
    DDR
    Vassell
    White
    Murray

Bench:
    LMA
    Lyles
    KJ
    Lonnie
    Mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has to start, he used to guard the opponents best player in 2018/19, would improve our defense a lot. Pop can just stagger him and DJ so 1 of them is always out there. They should both play 30 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should try this SL out:
    Jak
    DDR
    Vassell
    White
    Murray

Bench:
    LMA
    Lyles
    KJ
    Lonnie
    Mills
    I wouldn’t hate it, but it’s even smaller than our current SL.

Thread Information