Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im still fairly confident that Vassell is going to be a main cog in the future. He has the potential and he shows flashes and I love that he's shooting 5 threes a game. His 3 point shooting percentage should improve for sure he has all the right mechanics. I think he has Khris Middleton potential, he was in the G league at Devins current age. He has really good upside imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I so wished Vassell had the opportunity to have played in G League his first year I think that would have vastly increased his skill sets. But I still have hope for him after White was traded I have started to see more glimpses of his potential and I am hoping Pop starts calling for him to take more of the offensive load on his shoulders.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over n baseline bum will leave an offensive load on your shoulders

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Redrafting the 2020 NBA Draft Class | The Hoop Collective - YouTube

From 11:12-11:42

Windhorst: They (Spurs) love him (Vassell) man, they--they love him and when the Spurs love somebody they're usually right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is taking major steps back if you ask me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to see it next year when the ghost of Derrick is firmly off the roster, and he knows he’s the man at SG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to see it next year when the ghost of Derrick is firmly off the roster, and he knows he’s the man at SG
    Lol when you get traded you are firmly off the roster. I know PATFO is still high on him but I also feel that very few players on this roster are safe.
    Last edited by KingKev; 03-20-2022 at 08:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re on crack. He has SO much more in his offensive arsenal this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol when you get traded you are firmly off the roster. I know PATFO is still high on him but I also feel that very few players on this roster are safe.
    My point is that he probably doesn’t fully appreciate that he’s in the big boy chair yet, and that won’t come until next year. I think Devin will be a really good player for us, and liken him as a Bridges type.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 steals for the vassell machine tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty disappointed at his 3-point shooting tbh. He misses way too many open 3s. Also players drafted after him, like Maxey, Bane and Bey are way better than he is right now

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maxey, Bane and Bey didn't get neutered by coach Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vassell has a DRPM of -1.76, good for 48th in the league among SGs, below the likes of Bradley Beal, Landry Shamet, and Eric Gordon

meanwhile his ORPM is 0.28, good for 45th among SGs, behind Bryn Forbes, Austin Reaves

he's been disappointing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty disappointed at his 3-point shooting tbh. He misses way too many open 3s. Also players drafted after him, like Maxey, Bane and Bey are way better than he is right now
    halliburton seemed like the easy pick, and not just in hindsight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vassell has a DRPM of -1.76, good for 48th in the league among SGs, below the likes of Bradley Beal, Landry Shamet, and Eric Gordon

meanwhile his ORPM is 0.28, good for 45th among SGs, behind Bryn Forbes, Austin Reaves

he's been disappointing
    Now, do his draft class. You know, the players he SHOULD be compared to. He’s started 31 whole games, you wit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now, do his draft class. You know, the players he SHOULD be compared to. He’s started 31 whole games, you wit.
    tyrese haliburton

ORPM 0.15
    DRPM 2.20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tyrese haliburton

ORPM 0.15
    DRPM 2.20
    You know what else Haliburton has done that Vassell hasn’t? Have his team decide to trade him. Traded for an undersized, offense only center. They CHOSE to keep an inefficient chucker D’Aaron Fox over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what else Haliburton has done that Vassell hasn’t? Have his team decide to trade him. Traded for an undersized, offense only center. They CHOSE to keep an inefficient chucker D’Aaron Fox over him.
    haliburton sucks because the kings are inept

got it

damn i figured out how the spurs can never draft a bust ever again. just never trade or waive players, and keep re-signing them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has little to do with him and more with that dumbass Kings FO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell so far has done nothing to write home about but not enough bad to call a bust yet. For me, this season has been more of a disappointment for him than it is one of improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell so far has done nothing to write home about but not enough bad to call a bust yet. For me, this season has been more of a disappointment for him than it is one of improvement.
    He literally couldn’t put the ball on the floor, move a short distance, and rise up and make a jumper last year. He has massively improved off the bounce, and also his ON the ball defense it much better.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not taking a step back per se but the second year is when you want to see bigger improvements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have loved to see a second year leap now that he is in a larger role...that would have signaled star potential.

That said, next year will probably be the most telling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He literally couldn’t put the ball on the floor, move a short distance, and rise up and make a jumper last year. He has massively improved off the bounce, and also his ON the ball defense it much better.
    These are not major milestones. It’s what you’d hope a prospect would show at the very minimum by year 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoped for more but there is enough there to be intrigued
    Be nice if he stepped it up. DJM needs help.

Thread Information